Thread: Barbarian invasion Requests

colorado thats all I am going to say about that but a hint is I attend metro with that you should get an idea of were I am most of the time.

Default Barbarian invasion Requests

Ok I know this probibily won't get us much of anything however I started a thread in the CA's bord http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...tart=1&stop=20 about things that we the gamers would like to see in the new exspansion pack. I just thought that I would post about it so that all of you could add your thoughts/wishlists.

Side note: for anyone who doesn't have an acount with them merely post your request here and mention that you would like it posted and me or someone else will try to post it up there for you.

Default Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

While your intent is noble, however, there is already a slightly similar process of letting CA know through the FAQ questions posted as to what the fans want in BI. Moreover, BI may be too far gone (i.e. in a stage of completion) where new wishes may be too late. Anyhow, please do continue the effort.
    AMD A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB
    Kingston 2x1 GB DDR400 Ram
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600W

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

We already lost BI , Ca said that it is only an expansion and they right...
    TW4 , that is the issue .
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

How have we lost BI? We haven't even seen it yet. Good grief

.......Orda

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

We haven't lost BI...

The fun is just starting, waiting for BI...
    The release date is closer and closer....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

BI is probably way to late in constuction to take any new suggestions. The game is supposed to come out in a couple months.

TW4 is another story. I have seen rumors that CA might do a fanrasy total war. That is what we got to fight against.

Default Sv: Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    TW4 is another story. I have seen rumors that CA might do a fanrasy total war. That is what we got to fight against.
    Even if CA is gonna do a fantasy total war then it is nothing you can do about it.
    You either buy it or you don't.

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Orda Khan
    How have we lost BI? We haven't even seen it yet. Good grief

.......Orda
    Easy now...it is lost because it is too late to change it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

I can see why CA might want to make a fantasy TW, then they wouldn't have to listen to any complaints about their units being inaccurate

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Default Re: Sv: Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    Even if CA is gonna do a fantasy total war then it is nothing you can do about it.
    You either buy it or you don't.
    We can state our opinions and hope the listen. Other than that we can just hope.

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Barbarian invasion Requests

We can state our opinions and hope the listen. Other than that we can just hope.
    If they are gonna make a fantasy TW(which TW4 won't be) then they have no reason to listen to you since you are not their target customers.
    I however will buy a fantasy total war as long as it has nice features and looks cool.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

BI is probably way to late in constuction to take any new suggestions. The game is supposed to come out in a couple months.

no way, i'm going to bomb CA if they do that

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar44
    Easy now...it is lost because it is too late to change it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That still does not mean that a lot of issues will not be addressed. None of us knows how good or bad BI will be after RTW, therefore to consider it 'lost' is extreme pessimism

.......Orda

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

It seems to me that history is a finite resource to look for great empires in. Eventually they're going to run out of time periods. Then what? Faulkand: Total War?

I wouldn't mind a fantasy TW. I wouldn't mind seeing Dragons Knights or some BS.

Then CA could finally have a TW the community can't bash them for historical inaccuracy.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 07-24-2005 at 17:55.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    Then CA could finally have a TW the community can't bash them for historical inaccuracy.
    or they could just make things accurate.

If they are gonna make a fantasy TW(which TW4 won't be) then they have no reason to listen to you since you are not their target customers.
    I however will buy a fantasy total war as long as it has nice features and looks cool.
    I would still probably buy it too, but it isnt prefered. CA does look at their fanbase tough they still might not listen. I just hope they decide to go with a historical game. If fantasy though i hope they go way out and have elves and goblins etc..

I wouldn't mind a fantasy TW, as long as its a great game. I have loved the D&D titles by Bioware, the Baldur's gate series and Neverwinter Nights. What matters is that its well made and a thoroughly enjoyable game. Ofcourse, historical scenarios have their own appeal, but that shouldn't dictate how the TW brand should always go in the future.

CA has quite a lot of experience under its belt and can surely, if it so wishes, make a superb fantasy TW. The only thing I can hope for is that they give it their best and make it the best they can (while learning from its experiences with the previous titles), something we may feel is at times lacking with RTW. That is not a reflection on CA's abilities, simply realities of economics that may dictate time tables, dead lines, etc., for a product to be put to the market. Now that CA has a new publisher and owner (SEGA), things may improve.

Here's to a bright future for TW.
    Last edited by sik1977; 07-24-2005 at 22:17.
    AMD A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB
    Kingston 2x1 GB DDR400 Ram
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600W

I think, fantastic Total War is possible. Probably, developers believe, that such changes are necessary. It allows to open a new layer for development of game. However the same effect of updating can be achieved and without a fantasy. In a total opposition of fractions it is possible to add elements of cooperation and cooperation. For example, it is possible to modify game so that civilized peoples and barbarians could divide the same territory.
    It can be realized so:
    1. At each province at a time can be two owners - civilized (main) and the barbarian
    (minor).
    2. The main owner occupies city and develops it (ports, roads, markets).
    3. The minor owner can locate in a province, having constructed military settlement
    (like a fort). If one settlement already is in a province the second cannot be
    constructed.
    4. Incomes of a province share between the main and minor owner in the certain
    proportion. It is natural, if at a province there is only one owner, he gets all
    incomes.
    5. If the main and minor owners are not allies incomes decrease. If owners are at
    war with each other incomes fall even more.
    Thus, can appear favourable to hold in boundary provinces of empire of loyal
    barbarians and to be protected with their help from foreign intrusion.
    Then war with the help of allies can be seen not only in the first fight of a prologue. Certainly, respective alterations of the diplomacy, new opportunities are necessary.
    To tell the truth, such changes can be too big for an add-on.
    Excuse for my bad English.