Thread: Empires of Antiquity - Help Wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Empires of Antiquity - Help Wanted

Greetings,

Currently there is a modification for the Rome: Total War game in development known as the Empires of Antiquity. Based between the year of 750 B.C.E. and 510 B.C.E.; the mod focuses mostly around the Mediterranean Sea and Asia when the Assyrian Empire was a major power, the Roman Empire didn't exist, Carthage had just been founded by the Phoenicians not even a century earlier, the world was making a transition into the Iron Age, and more.

The mod is in the early stages of development, involving lots of research right now. Due to the fact that history is scarce from such an ancient time, we really need to dig.

We are requesting DEDICATED people who are interested in working on this mod. We are in need of people who want to do research more than anything. If you have other skills such as coding, modeling, and etc. we could still use you, but you will have to do research at this time.

Main requirements are discussed above except for the fact that we prefer if you are a user of IRC or MSN frequently so we may all get together as a team and discuss things in real time.

Those of which are interested may contact me on MSN at isbcan@hotmail.com, or send me an email to the same address.

~ Ashonn

Default Re: Empires of Antiquity - Help Wanted

Can you give more info, such as your team, what you can do, what you havedone, etc?

As of right now the work we are doing with the mod is mostly history. I, and the team, refuse to let the mod get released without having historical accuracy, so we are doing our best to make sure that doesn't happen. Right now we are mainly creating the world for the mod and researching each faction individually. As for a team, we have three members. All of which at this time are doing history and creating the map.

In the future we will acquire a forum, or website of our own and be able to present more of the mod there as time progresses. As for now, this thread is mostly just for getting people who wish to help with the mod.

A complete list of features will take time to compile as we build the mod more. A complete faction list will come later after we have completed the map, but keep in mind that we are getting very close to finishing it.

Once again, those of which are interested in joining the team may use the instructions in the above post to do so. You have to be DEDICATED. I would prefer that you were not trying to work on numerous mods at one time, as your attention and time will be spread too thin. And if you just don't have enough time in general, don't bother joining the team. A mod takes a lot of time and dedication from each of its members to get released in any sort of realistic time.

~Ashonn

So basically, none of you have any modding skills? I suggest you go out and learn some before trying to recruit more members...

I don't recall saying none of us had modding skills. I said all of us are working on history right now. How can you mod something unless you know the history?

One of our members is nothing but a historian, another one is going to be doing the map, and I personally happen to be working on models/skins and will be doing a lot of photoshop work.

Also, dark_shadow89, I would much appreciate it unless you are actually interested in the mod, or working on the mod, not to troll the thread. If people wish to help I've stated how they can contact me, this is all that needs to be said.

~Ashonn

I was just sussing out teh credability of your mod, no insults intended. I'm wary of people starting up total conversions now, for, as you can see, there are quite a few that have been started, but have almost no progress done. If you have the skills, and are plannning your mod before starting, then, good on you, and good luck :).

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

ashonn Im not much for modding but I have allot of free time on my hands (being summer and all) and could spend a good amount of time researching for the mod , that is if you need more researchers
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

All I know at this point is the Etruscans have recently acquired control over Rome itself as the city did exist, the Egyptian empire was in decline (becoming more severe with each century) and this was the Greek Dark Ages (I think) just before the major city-states (Athens, Cornith, Sparta, Thebes, etc.) were either created or had any real power.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Mmmm, yes a MOD that will let me play through the Greek darkages, but what Greek factions will you have as there were no city states?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar
    Mmmm, yes a MOD that will let me play through the Greek darkages, but what Greek factions will you have as there were no city states?
    I'd guess you could play as any of the city-states. Thebes, Athens, Cornith, Sparta. As time progresses maybe they would become unified but I'm not certain how. The city-states were never really unified until Alexander the Great and the Roman Empire. In fact, because of all the pety power struggles, most Greeks welcomed the Roman expansion as education, medicine, trade, etc. prospered after they conquered.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."