Thread: Halo: Total War

Proud Knight of the AMC Member RTW King's Avatar

Default Halo: Total War

I don't know if anyone here will play games like Halo, but I thought if anyones interested this might be a good idea for a mod. I'm not sure what units to give to the Humans, but heres some ideas for the covenant:

Grunts: Short range, poor attack, little armour but very cheap.

Jackals: Short range, poor attack, no armour but fast and with large shield.

Hunters: Short range, devastating attack, no armour but large shield and several Hit Points, Slow moving.

Elites: Melee units, good attack, well armoured, fast moving.

Spec Ops: Melee units, good attack, well armoured, fast moving, can hide anywhere.

Honour Guard: Phalanx unit, excellent attack, well armoured.

Brutes: Grenade Launchers, strong in melee, fast moving, no armour or shield but several Hit Points.

Brute Berserkers: Excellent melee attack, no armour or shield but extremely tough.

Spectres: Light cavalry, short range but very fast with excellent charge.

Ghosts: Extremely fast and agile, devastating charge, but quite weak.

Wraiths: Heavy Cavalry, very slow but devastating attack and good range.

Plasma Mortars: Siege Weapons, innacurate but devastating.
    Join the AMC. Down with rappers!

Default Re: Halo: Total War

Halo total war would be impossible, too futuristic, many big things, there are like no plain based battles, too many futuristc guns, duel wielding.... , and the biggest thing is flying ships, tanks...it would be uber hard.

ZOMG you dont even know how to add units into the game, yet you're out tryin to start mods...

What does ZOMG mean? Anyway, it was just a suggestion for a mod, and I do know how to do some stuff for modding.

And I can add units I just made a Pict Cavalry unit for Britannia.

Question, why do you want to make new mods when you have Brittania?

I can't work on Britannia yet. Other people need to make the map and things like that before I do my part. I'm editing unit stats and descriptions, but those would be based a lot on the unit models and we still need a modeler. I've already done all the research myself for the units (with help from ranika, who supplied great info on the Irish Tribes). Anyway, the Halo thing was just a suggestion.

I would suggest you learn how to do other things (like skinninng, modeling, sounds), before starting ANOTHER mod...!

Why, the point in a mod team is that different people with different skills can make different parts of the mod. Why should one person have to be able to do everything. If I can add units, change their stats and write descriptions, that could be my part in a mod, as it is in Britannia: Romanorum Incursio.

I think the point Darkshadow is making is simply that you already have a mod you can't progress because you lack the skills personally to do all the things you want done. You are now looking at a mod that is right out on the fringes, quite probably won't work well because of the way RTW handles missile combat, and is even LESS likely to get a modeller and skinner just rolling up to join.

It's harsh but true. The further you get from a basic sword combat scenario, the less people are interested. I sympathise...but I wouldn't put the hundreds of man hours necessary to make and texture all the models for a mod I did not think would ever work well in the RTW game engine.

Perhaps, when you find a modeller for your current project, you might be able to interest him in a Halo mod.....
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!