Thread: What in the world?

Default What in the world?

So I was in the middle of a campaign as the Julii when I decided to take a look at Greece, and noticed something funny. There was a weird looking village where there should normally be the Statue of Zeus wonder. So I moved the mouse over it and well, I think I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

Here is the picture of the Statue of Zeus, or at least where the Statue of Zeus should be.

I then decided to check the other Wonder locations to see if they were affected as well.

Lighthouse at Alexandria

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

The Collosus of Rhodes was also affected, and it was also replaced by a small village icon on the map. Sadly, the pic I took was messed up somehow. The rest of the wonders remained the same.

Just so you all know, this is on Vanilla RTW, with no real mods except for a few reskins and the "Wonders Battlefields" mod. Pretty interesting easter egg, huh? Or did the "Wonders Battlefields" mod make this as a practical joke?
    Proud Strategos of the

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Default Re: What in the world?

Either it is a good easter egg, or you're quite talented in editing screenshots. But it is some funny stuff nonetheless.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

It was probably the Wonders Battlefields mod. Remember that their mod is to do with wonders (the title gives it away from the start). The Statue of Zeus thing is particularly funny.

Try double clicking them...
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

I did that, and it just shows the description for the normal Wonders.
    Proud Strategos of the

LOLOLOL! Really funny!

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Default Sv: What in the world?

What the deuce ??
    That's weird

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Easter Egg for sure, and a hoot.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken