Thread: Question about city view

Default Question about city view

I personally (though im pretty sure I'm in a small minority) use the 'zoom to city' option quite a lot. The only thing about RTW that can still take my breath away is the sheer scale of it. I love being able to zoom in so close in a city that I can see the individual flowers around a statue, then zoom out and look at the distant mountains, then go to another city and see the same mountains, but from the other side. It gives a sense of scale of them empire I control and (for me anyway) greatly hightens the immersion. I'm really glad CA included the option. Incidently I'd really love if CA made an option where you could view your army on the battlemap at peace, with rows of tents and soldiers milling around, or the ability to place forts on the battlemap, but i can't see it any time soon.

Anyhow, my question is, will you be reskinning the civilian units for all the cultures, as well as the military ones?

Also, Mundus Magnus introduced a feature that I thought was really innovative, of making the populations of cities much more varied, with dogs, pigs, soldiers and the occasional foreigner running around (as I'm sure you know) was that created as an EB feature and will it be included in EB? I'd be very greatful if it was.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Default Re: Question about city view

They've nerfed all civvies to use the models elsewhere, I believe.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

We have had different individuals and other models available in the city view, but as we remove vanilla models fewer old units are seen in the view. So we're not quite sure how we're going to handle it at the moment.
    Cogita tute

SOLVE LORA INFERNIS Member Shrapnel's Avatar

You know how you can get the town militia wlaking around, I don't know if you are going to do this but it would be awesome if you could have thm marching around in like groups of 12 each with an officer!

I think its a good idea to get rid of the models walking around in cities to make way for more army models. It can add more to gameplay that way instead of just 2 seconds of eye candy for the few people who do take the time to tour their cities every so often.