Thread: im lost

Default im lost

after some time without playing RTW i come back to play it because i heard that RTR was getting released... ok it was delayed so now i get my attention in this mod and in rtw:BI

but im a little lost and i have some doubs i hope you could help me:

will rtw:BI fix all rtw bugs? (like the difficulty bug, the al lifting siege's bug, AI itself bug lol etc etc?)

will BI increase the factions limit or unit limit? iirc it was 250 units right?

when is EB getting released? (more or less: 1 month? less? )

will you work for expansion too?

what are your more importants features (like in rtr the AoR...) or have you got new animations? i dont know, surprise me

oh and can you tell me why was RTR delayed? and a posible release date? i dont have time to register in their forums too

well thats all, i cant read all post i would die or my eyes will melt down so thx for your time!

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Default Re: im lost

They said they would fix the bugs but most people are pretty skeptical.

faction limit and troop limit will not be increased.

They havent mentioned a release date yet. But easily more than a month.

As of now i dont think EB will be converted to the expansion.

EB has all sorts of new things. Absolutely everything has been redone. New units, New factions, Bigger map, new animations, etc. And most importantly its actually historically accurate.

RTR was delayed because they ran into some 'problems'. Whatever those may be. Hopefully theyll release soon.

Those are some decent answers off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    faction limit and troop limit will not be increased.
    Umm... in order to make BI, you'd need to increase faction limit, dude. Whether or not the factions from the two campaigns can be used in one is not yet known.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alman7272
    Umm... in order to make BI, you'd need to increase faction limit, dude. .
    No. They have 17 factions. They call them "new" because they have new skins, models, etc. However, there are 21 factions now. Thus, there are actually less factions in BI than in RTW.

The expansion does not increase the faction limit.
    Cogita tute

Only if Bi comes as a seperate install. As long as BI expands the main game like VI and the old imperial campaign should still work they have to increase the faction limit by 17.

Explain to me the specifics of how they would have to increase the faction limit if they even use their own text file switcher for a BI provincial campaign.

(As a modder, I can tell you they don't have to, there will be no raised faction limit)
    Cogita tute

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

EB is never coming out, Its all a big Hoax
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Ok I see you `re right, they don`t have to raise it.

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I still belive that they will do it. It would be very poor from CA ias developer if they just make another mod with some minor features. I have understood that they have only said in their FAQ that hardcoded limits will still be hardcoded.

We all will see what they have done or not in a few month, and I hope I am right.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Maybe CA are embarrassed by the quality of the mods putting their own work to shame lol. Perhaps thats why they are giving modders less room to work with.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

There is more to factionslots than just textswaps and there are good reasons for CA to expand the current range. Or do you expect to see an export_descr_units_BI.txt with the Huns units assigned to the Carthage factionslot? And what about factionsymbols? Or culture types that are assigned to the factions in the code?
    Last edited by Duke John; 07-26-2005 at 11:27.

I wasn't around for the previous expansions so I don't know how they've been done in the past, all I know is what's been officially stated:

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Which things that are currently hardcoded do you plan on changing (e.g. number of men per unit, faction limit, number of factions that are controlled by the Senate?)

A. None.
    Seems pretty clear to me...
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wishazu
    EB is never coming out, Its all a big Hoax
    EB is not a mod. it's a test of patience

ok ,thx all guys, this post just confirm me two things, rtw will be just a unrealistic mini.mod for RTW and 2nd thing: i wont buy it, fix the bugs and support mod comunity and i will think about buying it

good luck guys

Quote Originally Posted by Duke John
    There is more to factionslots than just textswaps and there are good reasons for CA to expand the current range. Or do you expect to see an export_descr_units_BI.txt with the Huns units assigned to the Carthage factionslot? And what about factionsymbols? Or culture types that are assigned to the factions in the code?
    I expect that they have "made it possible to affect culture" or whatever they said they would be doing to make it easy to swap/define cultures. I expect that they have taken the four current "Roman" factions out (removing the Senate mechanics altogether) and are working with the remaining 17 factions.

They've already stated they won't be increasing any of the hardcoded limits, including the faction limit. Do you expect them to break their word?
    Cogita tute

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

In my eyes there is no faction limit; unlike the 300 (?) available unit entries that you can make there are no 21 possible faction entries. Instead we have Carthage, Egypt, Britons, etc.
    From previous FAQs I get the idea that the modders and CA are not always on the same line. If they add 17 faction entries, then they have hold to their word and the number of possible factions, while increased is still hardcoded.
    But this is all speculation, we will have to see what CA does, but I would be dissapointed in them if they actually reuse the original factions for BI since it won't look pretty in code.

"Aye, there's the rub" Member PSYCHO V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    EB is not a mod. it's a test of patience
    lol ...yer tell me about it !!
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

In my eyes there is no faction limit; unlike the 300 (?) available unit entries that you can make there are no 21 possible faction entries. Instead we have Carthage, Egypt, Britons, etc.
    From previous FAQs I get the idea that the modders and CA are not always on the same line. If they add 17 faction entries, then they have hold to their word and the number of possible factions, while increased is still hardcoded.
    But this is all speculation, we will have to see what CA does, but I would be dissapointed in them if they actually reuse the original factions for BI since it won't look pretty in code.
    yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    Last edited by alman7272; 07-27-2005 at 19:00.