Thread: Standardize Unit Statistics?

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Default Standardize Unit Statistics?

I was just curious if this had already been done or if it was located elsewhere, but has the forum developed a sample standardization for unit statistics in RTW? For attributes, weapon & armour points, etc.

If it has been done please redirect me and if the admin wishes, please delete this thread.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Default Re: Standardize Unit Statistics?

What do you mean by standardisation?
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

I meant if someone had developed a table for the types of armour in RTW with values. Ex: all leather armour being the value of 4.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Why? What for? What's the point?

I guess none. I just curious because I was having a difficult time deciding on what value the armours on the sprites in-game should reflect in their stats. I have begun adjusting values, and battles last nearly forever. I test usually with Romans v Greeks (urbs v armoured hops) and have both units drain themselves to exhaustion. I guess I was just looking for some advice.

Unfortunately, while there is some correlation between the armour value and the armour the soldier is actually wearing (eg, higher armour values appear to be wearing more armour) there are lots of inconsistencies, even down to that some soldiers who have shields get no shield bonus, while others who have no shields do get a shield bonus.

Check over on the Ludus Magna forum with the game researchers, this is more their bag. There's a thread on inconsistencies in the unit file, which goes through some of the more glaring armour examples.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Thank you for the help.

Moderator, please remove this thread.