Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexander not undeafeted

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Alexander not undeafeted

HELLLLLOOOOO in case you didnt understand i ve been just polite with the ''considered''. There are thousands of finds calendars artifacts religious traditions, mythological-historic background. GREEK LANGUAGE!!! and dont come up with some accent dialect story cause every region had its own. The fact that ancient greek came up to mean the attic dialect that does not mean that it was the only spoken. Have you seen dorian dialect text? Its a syntax nightmare and its a greek saying this (me).[/QUOTE]

As a Greek , there is no chance in the world that you ever going to be objective about Alexander !!! that is the problem !!! for you the guy is a national hero , and as such , any word against him is against your culture , so you are biased , that is OK with me , but try to be a little more "scientific" about the subject .
    I have no interest in Alexander , but one , I love history , you and others seems to have another interests . NO OFFENCE !!!
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

Default Re: Alexander not undeafeted

Quote Originally Posted by caesar44
    HELLLLLOOOOO in case you didnt understand i ve been just polite with the ''considered''. There are thousands of finds calendars artifacts religious traditions, mythological-historic background. GREEK LANGUAGE!!! and dont come up with some accent dialect story cause every region had its own. The fact that ancient greek came up to mean the attic dialect that does not mean that it was the only spoken. Have you seen dorian dialect text? Its a syntax nightmare and its a greek saying this (me).

As a Greek , there is no chance in the world that you ever going to be objective about Alexander !!! that is the problem !!! for you the guy is a national hero , and as such , any word against him is against your culture , so you are biased , that is OK with me , but try to be a little more "scientific" about the subject .
    I have no interest in Alexander , but one , I love history , you and others seems to have another interests . NO OFFENCE !!![/QUOTE]

First read my post again cause i added some things.

Second if that(your refferences) you call love to history please dont love us man. I answer with facts reknown by every dissent historian. If you wanna make an issue come with REAL sources and we can talk about it in scientific level cheap comments like you and others seems to have another interests save them for primary school. You want an analysis on ancient greek syntax? or some finds that proove my point? I know Alexander is a greek national hero but i would be the first to admit it if there where hard facts prooving the opposite. There are not. Just some propaganda theories putting big ideas in the minds of a small country so that they will not think their survival problems
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Did you read my post (no. 51) ? dozens of notes with references...

In post no. 55 you talked about propaganda etc' , now it is primary school...
    Ah yes , did not understand the "don't love us man..." , said I love history , and who is "us" , man ???

Please lower your tone , it is just a discussion...ha ?
    Last edited by caesar44; 08-02-2005 at 21:50.
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

Quote Originally Posted by caesar44
    Did you read my post (no. 51) ? dozens of notes with references...

In post no. 55 you talked about propaganda etc' , now it is primary school...
    Ah yes , did not understand the "don't love us man..." , said I love history , and who is "us" , man ???

Please lower your tone , it is just a discussion...ha ?
    its also a HISTORY forum not unacurate theories one. If that is the case i have some interesting imaginations to testify that Greeks are starchildren. The ''us'' refferes to all greeks interested about their heritage and fed up seeing it kicked around in every chance for the reasons i posted before, and without even proper arguements. If you think Alexander never existed or that he was not Greek or that he was from outer space, bring REAL UNQUESTIONABLE FACTS and then we can discuss all day long. By the way it seems you answer always in everything else but my arguements. I not only say Alexander is Greek finished i provide reasons why i say so and arguements in so simple form that anybody even if not historian can verify them. Im not giving plain historical clues but also some interlinked political ones. On the other side you provide some very questionable theories you fail to support them and just stand in few lines basically unrelated to the object of conversation.
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

ouch ouch ouch, this is getting acrimonious. Can I, for the good of the historical debate, appeal to all parties to calm down a little? -whew-

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    its also a HISTORY forum not unacurate theories one. If that is the case i have some interesting imaginations to testify that Greeks are starchildren. The ''us'' refferes to all greeks interested about their heritage and fed up seeing it kicked around in every chance for the reasons i posted before, and without even proper arguements. If you think Alexander never existed or that he was not Greek or that he was from outer space, bring REAL UNQUESTIONABLE FACTS and then we can discuss all day long. By the way it seems you answer always in everything else but my arguements. I not only say Alexander is Greek finished i provide reasons why i say so and arguements in so simple form that anybody even if not historian can verify them. Im not giving plain historical clues but also some interlinked political ones. On the other side you provide some very questionable theories you fail to support them and just stand in few lines basically unrelated to the object of conversation.

Aha !!!

Hail greece !!! Hail Alexander the great !!! Hail unquestionable facts !!!

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

My roster started only the 3th, I don't like to start reading at page one, please have mercy and keep it nice in here.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

If I have read correctly Alexander was amazingly undefeated. Please also remember I am the one writting the book on him and more.

Alex•an•der= a Greek ruler
    Jul•e•us C•a•e•sar= ME!
    Deleted by TosaInu

I had been wondering how long this thread (which I genuinely enjoyed until the acrimony started) would go on before being defiled by clayton ballentine, show-off extraordinaire, self-proclaimed genius and empty vessel of much noise. I now have my answer.

It's easy enough to write a book. But a good one...? Maybe you want to read Tarn, Aurel Stein, Fuller and Arrian before reconsidering your book. I am a little dubious about your credentials given that 7 of your 10 history books (which you apparently devote all your time to) are textbooks. As compared to all those others I know who don't have that many history books of their own but have devoured the history sections of entire libraries, 10 books is really nothing. If I were you I wouldn't even dare to -think- about writing a book about Alexander the Great until I was 20 and had 10 times that number of books read under my belt.

Clayton Ballentine, it would do you good to learn a little modesty, both for forum interaction and for the real world. There is nothing great about writing a book about Alexander, and we are not interested to know that since it's clear you don't really know much about him at all. We've already established that he was not undefeated in battle, only undefeated in war.

Learn to chatter less, and stop spamming threads all over the place. It's getting on my nerves, and as amiable a person as I am I am finding it harder and harder to stop countering you whenever I see your completely unconstructive posts and new threads appearing all over the place to address issues that no one is interested in, or to show off an intelligence that you don't really have. And you don't have the guts to own up to it.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Caesar for gods sake you're talking like those people that believed in UFOs, denying all rational history, we've no other relieble sources besides those books that you so freely say that cannot be trusted, well i say the same about your so called evidence. Come on man the facts described from Alexander history are very human an possible he was not a god, he was just treated like one. The same happened to all the Pharaos, now you are telling me that all the shape of civilizations and the might of the eqyptians falled under the grasp of some idea. The fact is that some "great man" (call it the way you like, names are not so important, just in history but for references) existed in a period of time, that this great man conquered a bunch of terrain, and he was treated like a god because the level of ignorance of those times was unbeleaveble, even today we beleave in some greater being . It's a fact too that he was a despot an a tiran. But if you are too crazy too just ignore all the written history and just beleave in your eyes then do it, i don't know why do you think so but it's ok, you can always say that the piramyds were built for aliens. There is another fact for the greek fellow (for the record i love greece and i want just to die there if i can) that i really don't know why you people treat such a despot like a great man, well i suppose that the saying is true beyond all beleaves: "Kill one person and you are murderer..., kill millions and you are a conqueror" or a hero or a god. In reality nobody is, as a man, greater than nobody, i don't have any heros or idols i prefer to keep an open mind, Alexander was undefeted, he was a great general, but he was a despot, i don't blame he, it was a different time and with such power in his hands, well....
    Born On The Flames

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by clayton ballentine
    If I have read correctly Alexander was amazingly undefeated. Please also remember I am the one writting the book on him and more.

Alex•an•der= a Greek ruler
    Jul•e•us C•a•e•sar= ME!
    Yo•u= no one
    Yes you write THE BOOK on Alexander, man!
    Everyone knows Ballantine books. Well known fact.

Caesar44 has fascinating stuff, imsdo
    Not good documentation on all aspect of received version of Alexander history/romance/myth

Perhaps some few parts of feats or stories attributed to him but hysterikali someone else?
    Imsdo, not much doubt he was someone, great Mac leader, conquer much.
    Ptolemies absorb many Egyptian tradition and embellish history.
    This well known at least from time of Ramses II and Kadesh.

No ledge of hystori change much even now.
    There still much arkeologi finds, new texts or alternate versions finds, descover translasian errors, new minds think fresh thoughts.
    Not all textbook history is absolute trewth. If not challenge this, hystori is not science.

resourceful moderators in these parts can count very far!!!

Closed
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123