Thread: Story of Atlantis

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Story of Atlantis

Okay for my mod i want to have an epic storyline/faction description. This is the story of Atlantis to make our mod possible. Please give any suggestions etc, cause thats why im posting it here.

The alternate story of Atlantis

Imagine if the Isle of Atlantis hadn’t sunk and the Atlanteans came back to rule it once again. This is that story……

This story begins a long time ago, with the first great civilization. This great nation was Atlantis. Her people were advanced way beyond their age and were great lovers of peace. Trade brought great wealth to their nation and their goods could be found all over. One would think such civilized peace lover would have a weak army, but such was not the case for Atlantis. They were wise enough to know a nation could not live without a good defense, so the made sure their army was of top quality. They were famous for their mighty phalanx pikemen and their cavalry that could even match the men of the steppe. For hundreds of years they lived in a golden age of peace and their culture grew significantly. This true golden age among men would sadly come to an end though. The end was not brought by a foreign enemy, or by natural disaster however. No, this sad day was brought by corruption from within.

This terrible conflict was a great civil war. The war was started by a man Cronus. Cronus was a very clever man and was known through out Atlantis as the greatest warrior that ever lived. Such a man would have been valuable to Atlantis except for one major flaw. He only desired one thing and that was power. He hated how Atlantis lived in peace. He saw peace only as an excuse for the weak. Atlantis was the greatest nation to ever exist and he thought that is was Atlantis’s destiny to rule the world, with him as her leader. The King of Atlantis would hear of no such thing and said it was Atlantis’s humble duty to teach the world, not to rule it. Thus Cronus had to work in secret to poison the people’s ears with lies about the King, telling them that he didn’t want war because he was scared. He was able to convert many to his side and began to plot for war. Eventually, he got his wish and civil war erupted. The war lasted ten long years leaving many dead in its wake. Unfortunately, Cronus had come out on top. The former King rounded up all those that were still loyal to him and left Atlantis for the end of the world….

Shortly after the Royalist left, Atlantis broke into cause. Where as the previous King had been kind and peaceful, Cronus was a complete tyrant. The war had already left the economy in ruins and now Cronus distributed all of the remaining wealth among his most trusted followers, thus leaving a starving nation of starving peasants. In this already dark hour, fate decided to deal another blow to Atlantis, but this time it was from nature. All in one year there was massive flooding, earthquakes, and even a volcanic eruption! This was more than Atlantis could take. The people decided to take their revenge by killing Cronus. After that they tried to live in anarchy, but it was to no avail. If they stayed in Atlantis they would surely die thus they decided to flee the island. They scattered across the world, spreading their knowledge and culture to all that would listen.

Of course, no news of this tragedy would reach the Royalist, as they were already far away on the high seas. Though they avoided the trouble of Atlantis, they had problems of their own. Their numbers were so small that they had to struggle to survive were ever they went, causing them to move from place to place on their boats, always running from invaders. This existence as sea nomads would finally come to a halt when they were able to find a safe haven. This haven was safe, but not much else. It was barren and would only be able to produce enough food for them to survive, not flourish. They lived in this isolation for thousands of years, losing much of their technology, but never their culture. Sadly after thousands of years in this life the Royalist would become exactly what they had fought, a nation of warriors, instead of a nation of peace. They rallied under their new King as he promised them great riches and glory from their former home. They boarded their ships and sailed to conquer the land that was rightfully theirs…

The road back to Atlantis was very hard. They had no clue how to get to Atlantis though their ancestors had left them clues. They figured if the sailed east they would eventually find it. After years of sailing the Atlanteans had somehow managed to find it. When they finally got there they were shocked. Their once mighty Kingdom was gone without a trace. Instead they found only some barbarians that had decided to call Atlantis home. The Atlanteans were able to settle in a nice new town, but things were tuff. The barbarians raid them constantly and food is scarce. It is time to teach these barbarians a lesson and remind them who they real masters of Atlantis are!

As the new ruler of Atlantis you have a very tough road ahead of you. Your ancestors have striped the land of its resources and the farmland is far from fruitful. First and foremost, you must get rid of the barbarians on your island. This will be difficult as your army is small and weak. If you successfully beat the barbarians the road is still not clear. You are surrounded by enemies and have no army or money. If you can get passed the first couple bumps in the road you can achieve great things. You have the ability to train the best soldiers this world has ever seen and you’re close to very rich lands. You must succeed in your efforts all for the glory of Atlantis!

v.2 is now complete!
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 07-27-2005 at 03:45.

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Default Re: Story of Atlantis

Seems very intriguing. I look forward to more.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Thanks more added.

more added again.
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 07-26-2005 at 09:42.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

sounds cool
    more more MORE!!!!!!!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

added the last bit.

PLEASE COMMENT!
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 07-26-2005 at 20:06.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

tuff= t-o-u-g-h tough,
    otherwise great story, you gonna do more, or is that it?
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Thats it, it's Atlantis's faction description in my mod, so the rest is up to the player. I might add some more details though.

I sorta wanted a one provinced island.. but watever i suppose, surrounded by powerful barbarian rebels...sounds good to me. I'm gona try to post some pics of the concepts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly5
    I sorta wanted a one provinced island.. but watever i suppose, surrounded by powerful barbarian rebels...sounds good to me. I'm gona try to post some pics of the concepts now.

thats what i had in mind too. The barbarians can just be a huge standing army and the atlaneans have a small weak army.

is anybody going to comment

cool, sounds cool. but you said the atlanteans will have top notch units. will this army be small with good units? while barbs army is big with weak units. like hordes in BI?

Post Re: Story of Atlantis

If you really want an nice Atlantean story try playing Age of Mythology Gold. It has two wonderful campaigns all about fighting off the evil gods Kronos/Poseidon and his human/monster allies.