Thread: Rebels: Quick question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rebels: Quick question

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I wanted to double-check: If all rebel provinces have been conquered, will rebel armies stop appearing on the map? Is there _any_ connection between the number of reb. provinces/cities and the number of roaming rebel armies? While they're certainly handy for up-and-coming generals to cut their teeth on, it does become somewhat annoying.

Thanks in advance.

-V
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com
    Recommendations: Hammer of the Scots, Rommel in the Desert, Memoir '44

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Default Re: Rebels: Quick question

I don't think that there is a connection between the number of rebel provinces and the number of rebels in your lands (although I may be wrong). I think that rebels that appear in your territories are there due to low public order in that province. So the best way to reduce the number of rebels in your provinces is to increase public order in them (lower taxes, reduce the population to reduce squalor, build entertainment buildings, increase the garrison size, put a good governor in, etc.).
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Thanks for the info.
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com
    Recommendations: Hammer of the Scots, Rommel in the Desert, Memoir '44

RTW has two kinds of rebel armies. One is the rebels that you got in STW or MTW when a province revolted and kicked out the ruling faction. The other is a small band of brigands in the hills or highway men. A miriad causes can lead to a group of brigands appearing. low public order, a natural disater in an area, a poor harvest several years in a row, or unrest in the population.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

And the third, rebels that comes with the start of the game, when most provinces are "rebels."