Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Exeter, England
    Posts
    6,537

    Default Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    :D

    Homophobes react more to gay porn

    Here's the science!
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

  2. #2
    Things Change Member JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    11,058

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    It makes sense really, I imagine to some people being gay themselves leads to huge self loathing and self deceit.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

    Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

  3. #3
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Reminds me of the movie American beauty. It makes sense to me.

  4. #4
    Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Golden Caliphate
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    It makes sense. We often become the things that we hate most.

    Indeed, the things that we hate about other people are often things that we ourselves either are or wish to be.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

  5. #5
    Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    7,237

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    perhaps there is much to this thought
    but i am not sure as to which came first

    the obsession or the resentment?

    "when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you."

    I am not sure whther the obsession with the resentment of homosexuality CAUSED the ideas of homosexuality to be more present and stimulating in those who resent it or if it their nature drew them to the topic in the first place.

    i think that many people who are most deeply offended by homosexuality are ones who can most easily see it as an alternative to normal sexual function.

    i am one of these people
    i have spoken of this before

    i am unashamedly sexually attracted to lots of different things that deviate from natural sexual practices

    however, my sexual promiscuity is regulated to natural and infrequent acts with women usually within a relationship. This has never diverted other than once (with a female)

    my arguement has always been that anyone can choose to be a homosexual simply because I could choose to be a homosexual. This could be explained by the fact that either: A)I am just a homosexual in denial or B) Im more honest about my feelings than the average man. I would like to think that B is true, but i can only believe this because of what ive gotten out of others through open dialogue.

    I think that homosexuality, like anything, can be developed into a fetish. it can even make sense to. men like to hump things as a rule. the male body looks very similar to the female body - more so than a dog, piece of meat, child etc. it isnt much of a stretch to want to hump it, especially when so much stress comes from relationships with women and our seeming innability to understand them. Men always want it, wouldnt it make more sense if sex was the goal to pursue homosexual men? I just believe that homosexuality institutionalized is detrimental for so many ethical, logical and inter-sexual reasons that it is worth fighting against as an abberation.

    disagree all youd like, but make sure that you dont call those who fight the normalization of homosexuality "homosexual" to offend them, because wouldnt that be foolish? what about all of those men in the study who disagreed with it and didnt seem to exhibit any signs of homosexual attraction? how does this study harm the legitimacy of their ideas?

    sure, maybe it is an inner fight, but i would be a fool not to fight it if i feel the natural urge to do so
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 07-27-2005 at 12:54.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

    "If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #6
    RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,545

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    That study is so gay...
    RIP Tosa

  7. #7
    Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Exeter, England
    Posts
    6,537

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Dave - maybe you and me should take the test - see who 'wins'

    TSMG - I agree and disagree with you. I think we all have the ability to 'be gay' but I think for some it is stronger than for others. For some it might be the odd thought - for others the only thought. I think that there is a difference between hetrosexual men considering a 'bit on the side' to gay men who really have no other drive other than toward other men.

    I also disagree that it is something that you should fight against. If you really want to do it - then do it.

    sure, maybe it is an inner fight, but i would be a fool not to fight it if i feel the natural urge to do so
    That doesn't make sense. The natural urge to fight a natural urge?!?!
    Last edited by Idaho; 07-27-2005 at 13:11.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

  8. #8
    |LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Munich...I wish...
    Posts
    4,788

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho
    Dave - maybe you and me should take the test - see who 'wins'
    Oh! Oh! I'm in too!

    I'd win!

    Mod edit: May we have this discussion without reference to body parts, please?
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 07-27-2005 at 14:25.

    Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Hmm, does this apply to people who are naturally inclined to dislike gay people or those who have grown to dislike them do to societal conditions?

    I never had a particular problem with homosexuality when i was younger.. one could even say i was moderate! "Let he who casts the first stone" and all that... Nobody's perfect.

    However, over the years ive grown to dislike them more and more due to their activities outside the bedroom. I am so tired of hearing about gay issues, im tired of having that lifestyle pushed on me, and im pissed off that they would try and change a fundamental aspect of our society. And im astonished we as a society allow them to raise children.

    They have become a vindicitive, intrusive, nasty group of people. I dont want to have to stop and wait for a gay pride parade to pass before I can go to a meeting(true story). I dont want to get sued because I dont hire a person who later turns out to be gay(true story). Frankly, i dont want to hear about their issues.. it annoys me. How such a small minority could get so much attention baffles me..

    The point is: Gay people have forced their lifestyle onto the main stages of culture, politics, and religion. They have made themselves out to be an "oppressed minority" looking for government pandering, and then they cry when people like me start to dislike them.

    My admitted homophobia is a result of the Gay Pride movement itself. Im just tired of hearing about their crap - weve all got crap to deal with. Sexuality is a personal life choice, and it shouldnt be forced into the public arena.

  10. #10
    Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Aachen
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    my arguement has always been that anyone can choose to be a homosexual simply because I could choose to be a homosexual. This could be explained by the fact that either: A)I am just a homosexual in denial or B) Im more honest about my feelings than the average man. I would like to think that B is true, but i can only believe this because of what ive gotten out of others through open dialogue.
    Well, I disagree with you. I could NOT choose to be homosexual. There was a point in my life were it would have been better for me to be homosexual. It could not have a relation with someone I like very much just because I can`t bring myself to be attracted to men. If I could be homosexual, I would be. Thus I know for sure that I`m entirely heterosexual.

  11. #11
    Mafia Hunter Member Kommodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a top-secret lab planning world domination
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho
    That doesn't make sense. The natural urge to fight a natural urge?!?!
    Yet surely this is not a novel or foreign concept? Natural urges conflicting with each other is a common experience. For example: a man's house is on is on fire, and his children are trapped upstairs. On one hand he feels the urge to flee the burning building (self-preservation); on the other, he feels compelled to save his children. He therefore fights the natural fear response and places his own life on the line for the good of others.

    An man's sense of morality helps him decide which natural urges to indulge and which to resist, like a musician's musical sensibility telling him which notes to play and which to abstain from playing. It's something we do every day, often without even realizing it.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

  12. #12
    Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Centereach NY
    Posts
    13,763

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Well, I disagree with you. I could NOT choose to be homosexual. There was a point in my life were it would have been better for me to be homosexual. It could not have a relation with someone I like very much just because I can`t bring myself to be attracted to men. If I could be homosexual, I would be. Thus I know for sure that I`m entirely heterosexual.
    No you choose not to be homosexual because you say men dont turn you on. You could always change your mind.In other words theres hope for you yet.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

  13. #13
    Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Aachen
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    No you choose not to be homosexual because you say men dont turn you on. You could always change your mind.In other words theres hope for you yet.
    Gawain, that men don`t turn me on means that I┤m not homosexual. That`s the definition of homosexuality. I know you disagree, but that`s how it is used in this thread so please for convenience sake, don`t argue with that.

  14. #14
    Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Centereach NY
    Posts
    13,763

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Gawain, that men don`t turn me on means that I┤m not homosexual. That`s the definition of homosexuality
    Thats your definition. And how do you know sex with another man wont turn you on if you havent tried it? Never know you may be pleasently surprised.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

  15. #15
    Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Aachen
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Would it have helped had I made the 'please' in my post above verylarge and blinking?
    I don`t know how sex with men feels and I don`t want to find out. The point is that men don`t turn me on and that I know for sure.

  16. #16
    Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Golden Caliphate
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Thats your definition. And how do you know sex with another man wont turn you on if you havent tried it? Never know you may be pleasently surprised.
    While we are all tollerant, that is too far...far too far.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    9,651

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    A similar experiment was reported in the NY Times a month or so ago. It looked at how men who said they were bisexuals responded to erotic images of males and of females. The headline conclusion was that there are no such thing as bisexual men - most self-declared bisexuals responded to male erotic images only (=> were gay); a smaller proportion responded to female only; IIRC, virtually none responded to both. The article also noted similar studies of women showed bisexuality to be more of a genuine phenomenon.

  18. #18
    Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Centereach NY
    Posts
    13,763

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    While we are all tollerant, that is too far...far too far.
    Why? Are you homophobic?
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

  19. #19
    Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Golden Caliphate
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Why? Are you homophobic?
    Probably - I don't know, I'll go watch some gay porn and find out.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    does the study take into account the stimuli from having electrodes hooked up to your gear?

  21. #21
    Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    7,588

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Does that mean a desire for lesbian porn makes you misogynistic? I guess I'd have to call myself the Joseph Mengele of wifebeaters then...
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

    "Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

  22. #22
    Member Member sharrukin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada west coast
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    The study is rather meaningless, as it indicates itself.

    It is possible that viewing homosexual stimuli causes negative emotions such as anxiety in homophobic men but not in nonhomophobic men. Because anxiety has been shown to enhance arousal and erection, this theory would predict increases in erection in homophobic men. Furthermore, it would indicate that a response to homosexual stimuli is a function of the threat condition rather than sexual arousal per se.

    In other words it could be that the homophobic men are experiencing a threat reaction.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

    But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

  23. #23
    Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Searching for the ORG's lost honor
    Posts
    4,657

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by sharrukin
    The study is rather meaningless, as it indicates itself.

    It is possible that viewing homosexual stimuli causes negative emotions such as anxiety in homophobic men but not in nonhomophobic men. Because anxiety has been shown to enhance arousal and erection, this theory would predict increases in erection in homophobic men. Furthermore, it would indicate that a response to homosexual stimuli is a function of the threat condition rather than sexual arousal per se.

    In other words it could be that the homophobic men are experiencing a threat reaction.
    Possible and perhaps explains some of the responses, although when I have a had a threat reaction I have never noticed myself becoming...engorged, so I have to wonder about the validity of the proposal itself.

    On the other hand, I also happen to know that the most outwardly religious/straight laced of my coworkers were the ones who tended to get into trouble for internet porn at work, or for various sex scandals...so it is not too difficult for me to believe the study is partly correct.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

  24. #24
    RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    7,545

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    **rubs nipples**

    This thread is making me hot!!!
    RIP Tosa

  25. #25

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Thats your definition. And how do you know sex with another man wont turn you on if you havent tried it? Never know you may be pleasently surprised.
    Rofl Gawain !

    That's why you always wanted to shine my armor ??? If i had knew i would have let you shine it, with me in it...

    *run away*

  26. #26
    Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ruins of Atlantis a.k.a Florida
    Posts
    1,658

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Thats your definition. And how do you know sex with another man wont turn you on if you havent tried it? Never know you may be pleasently surprised.

    Gawain have you tried this.

  27. #27
    robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria, Canada
    Posts
    2,295

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Thats your definition. And how do you know sex with another man wont turn you on if you havent tried it? Never know you may be pleasently surprised.
    Prettymuch any human male who sexually excites himself to become erect and then stimulates himself further through penetration of another human's orifice or other measures (masterbation) will undoubtedly be physically pleasurable. I suppose it's the emotional and mental state which is most important in this case though.
    robotica erotica

  28. #28
    Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Aachen
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    does the study take into account the stimuli from having electrodes hooked up to your gear?
    That┤s controlled in the experiment. Both groups experience that, thus it cannot make a difference.

    In other words it could be that the homophobic men are experiencing a threat reaction.
    It┤s not meaningless, but it would require a follow-up study to differentiate between these alternative explanations.

  29. #29
    Oni Member Samurai Waki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    3,925
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    I'm pretty sure it's not a threat indicator. Pyschological tests and studies about this have been going on for awhile, I first remembered hearing about this when I was a sophomore in Highschool (4 years ago) this is just another test which helps solidify evidence a bit more. I really could care less... one less human being on this earth via Gay Marriage or whatever doesn't hurt my feelings in the least... it's called the "good" kind of population control, better than genocide or some other government enforced bedroom policy.

  30. #30
    Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: Homophobic? Chances are you're gay!

    Wazikashi - why?!? Better yet, why don't you start a thread about why you hate humans (or whatever you really mean) so I can yell at you in an on-topic manner?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO