Thread: Modifying chariots

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Default Modifying chariots

I can't seem to find the file that targets the chariot's texture. Apparently it's not desc_model_battle.txt or desc_mount.txt.
    Anyone knows which file it is?

Default Re: Modifying chariots

As I recall, it works like the dogs do. There is no text file assigning the textures, but rather it is done in 3DS Max. The texture is applied there as a material, and the textures is then 'fixed'. To change the texture used, you would need to re-do the texture assignment in Max. Failing that...you would have to just re-paint the texture without changing the name. Depends what you are trying to do
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    As I recall, it works like the dogs do. There is no text file assigning the textures, but rather it is done in 3DS Max. The texture is applied there as a material, and the textures is then 'fixed'. To change the texture used, you would need to re-do the texture assignment in Max. Failing that...you would have to just re-paint the texture without changing the name. Depends what you are trying to do
    Or you can use an hex-editor to change the old textures name and path to the one you like.

Gotcha! Thanks, guys!

One more question though:
    Most of the time my model got their texture assigned in 3DSMax somehow. How do I make it so they don't have a texture assigned to them and instead use desc_model_battle.txt? I can't figure out how to remove textures from a model.

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    Gotcha! Thanks, guys!

One more question though:
    Most of the time my model got their texture assigned in 3DSMax somehow. How do I make it so they don't have a texture assigned to them and instead use desc_model_battle.txt? I can't figure out how to remove textures from a model.
    If you mean removing the textures path you can delete the texture with the skin of the chariot in max and after assign it to the model but i don't think it will help since there's no way to use dmb.txt here since as you noticed doesn't consists of bones but also verci scripts wouldn't allow but i really don't know i never tried this, you should try in the descr_mount.txt to add the textures path but i don't think this is possible. Also even the other units have asigned a texture to them but they use the path from dmb.txt.

I was asking about OTHER models, not the chariot :)
    How do you unlink the texture path in MAX?

It's no use, when you must export the models must have a texture linked to it. But you can unlink texture in max, just click one litle X button in the material editor.