Thread: MP Campaign: Alliances?

Hmmm...thinking on the Alliance issue...I don't think its been discussed...but Damiyos need a TREASURY!!!

What do you think might induce an Alliance? You can't bribe or extract Koku; you can't trade or demand land/provinces, so what?

The only thing I can think of at the moment (its late), for example, take Shamuza (sp?) he'd probably be happy to ally with Oda or Takeda or Ugeshi maybe.

An agreement could be made to split Imagawa's lands between say Shamuza and Oda making "joint" attacks upon Imagawa, overwhelming him on two fronts and draining his resources. Result, player eliminated and both Shamuza and Oda are strengthed and at a cheaper cost than if they had gone it alone. Also, quicker.

Another example, Takeda and Ugeshi could do the same except against Hojo. They could jointly attack Shimosa (sp?) and Musashi (sp?). Hmmm....presuming they'd both be successful, which one got the better deal? Having Musashi makes it a lot easier to take Hitachi!

Here's the fun part: One or the other makes the agreement and then doesn't attack!! He sits back and watches the "fool" get chewed up in a BRIDGE battle; then sweeps in and mops up!!! Ahhhhhhhhh...this is gonna be great.

Orrr, He doesn't sweep in at all...he instead chooses to lord it over the two weakened damiyos and extract tribute or demands them to become his vassals (too bad the AI can't handle it).

Hey, Wigwam86, and you thought the AI was a backstabber.

CA/DT/EA I hope you get it. Shogun II needs only minor improvements to the Battle AI/engine. Your efforts need to be focused on the Campaign AI in order to bring about the above and more.

Do it and you'll shoot right to the top. Sales exceeding those of Quake, Unreal, Half-Life, Starcraft and Homeworld combined!!! await you. The future, of PC Gaming, of Strategy Gaming, of Turn-based Gaming, of the Universe is in your hands.

The Bandwidth explosion is coming....

Listen to the Force Luke...the Force.....

[I think I'll go to bed now.]

Damn, its about time we get MP Campaign!!!

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Toranaga-Sama,that's sneaky and dispicable have you no honor I LOVE IT!Hope your listening CA/DT/EA.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Oh god. Hate to be with you.

------------------
    HnT
    HnT

is that u Yabusama???

it is possible that u will be able to make tributes/pay other pple koku. it would add a needed twist to the game. i wish you could demand koku in SP... it would make it more realistic. but 4 MP it would be fun to make a puppet daimyo that you could tell them, "Attack Hojo or i'll attack you." or, "Pay me 1000 koku and i'll defend bla bla province." or "Pay me 2000 koku or DIE!!!!"

-Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!-

A member of Clan Doragon

If you can read this you don't need glasses

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

of course without a patch ausing all those exclamation marks (the "!!!!!" for those grammatically-challenged) just might make your system crash.

>>it is possible that u will be able to make tributes/pay other pple koku. it would add a needed twist to the game. i wish you could demand koku in SP... it would make it more realistic. but 4 MP it would be fun to make a puppet daimyo that you could tell them, "Attack Hojo or i'll attack you." or, "Pay me 1000 koku and i'll defend bla bla province." or "Pay me 2000 koku or DIE!!!!"

>>is that u Yabusama???

>>Orrr, He doesn't sweep in at all...he instead chooses to lord it over the two weakened damiyos and extract tribute or demands them to become his vassals (too bad the AI can't handle it).

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Maybe they could add marriage too... send your son to marry, say, the Hojo daughter, and when the old man dies, you get his empire because your l'ill one has tied the know with the Hojo son! A way to kinda take over other lands without conquest... and add a little more intrigue...

But if she leaves, 'she takes half'! Let the little princesses run around with other warlords, make the son jealous and call off the wedding and attack her old man... making Hojo an enemy again!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]