Thread: How can it be?

Default How can it be?

How can it be that the moderator of the historical forum do not have the historical award?

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Default Re: How can it be?

I don't know...

It makes no sense.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I suspect is rather like a class teacher not giving himself the "Best achiever of the year" award. I believe Gregoshi made the initial nominations for the historical award and understandably was reluctant to nominate himself. If there was an award for best Moderator, however, I'd certainly want him to be nominated.

BTW, congratulations to the history award holders! Very well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Appleton
    I suspect is rather like a class teacher not giving himself the "Best achiever of the year" award. I believe Gregoshi made the initial nominations for the historical award and understandably was reluctant to nominate himself. If there was an award for best Moderator, however, I'd certainly want him to be nominated.

BTW, congratulations to the history award holders! Very well deserved.
    That makes sense, but couldn't someone put Gregoshi up for nomination (like another moderator, for example)? Or can only Gregoshi nominate people?

And congratualations to all history award holders from me too.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

Ahem. I don't have the History award simply because about 98% of the Monastery regulars are more passionate and knowledgable about history than I am. I do like history (and read about it), but not nearly to the degree many of you do. Think about it. Apart from occassional "behave" posts, how many replies have I made that actually contribute to a thread? And of those, how many were just questions? Most of the regulars here have contributed more in one thread than I have since I became moderator. I am impressed everyday by the broad and indepth knowledge of history demostrated by the patrons of the Monastery. The bottomline: there is a very long list of patrons more worthy of such an award than I.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    Ahem. I don't have the History award simply because about 98% of the Monastery regulars are more passionate and knowledgable about history than I am. I do like history (and read about it), but not nearly to the degree many of you do. Think about it. Apart from occassional "behave" posts, how many replies have I made that actually contribute to a thread? And of those, how many were just questions? Most of the regulars here have contributed more in one thread than I have since I became moderator. I am impressed everyday by the broad and indepth knowledge of history demostrated by the patrons of the Monastery. The bottomline: there is a very long list of patrons more worthy of such an award than I.
    So modest...

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Personally, why not the award holders simply nominate Gregoshi for an award?
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

It doesn't have to be award holders: I nominate Gregoshi for a Roxxor Mod award! Informal and unofficial, of course, but a wonderful, dutiful and responsible Mod he is (I've been reading the Monastery for a long time before I actually made my debut) and I think he deserves some recognition for it. We shall have the area below Gregoshi's profile encrusted with badges in no time!

In other news: What does it take to get a historian badge? Could you clarify this so everyone (read: me) knows?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004