Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Lord of the Rings: Total War

Default Re: The Lord of the Rings: Total War

Nice website

Does the unofficial campaign work or does it crash like the METW campaign tends to?

Default Creators stroy now available!

Creators stroy now available!

visit www.lotrtw.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Nice website

Does the unofficial campaign work or does it crash like the METW campaign tends to?
    No only if you play a siege battle at the Grey Havens.

is this for BI or plain rome

Interview with RTR plus a suprise!

visit www.lotrtw.com

is this for BI or plain rome
    for plain rome

I almost forgot, for which version is the unofficial Campaign map? Version 1.0 or 1.1, and if the latter, which sub-version?

You first install 1.2 patch on a clean Rome.
    Then you install the METW Campaign
    then Movie edition
    then Movie edition patch
    last a couple of folders from LOTR TW, it says which in the readme

Directly viewable movies! Some new WIP models and ONE new signature!

go to www.lotrtw.com

Tournament 1 is in its Semi-finals

check the replays out! visit www.lotrtw.com
    when its finished Tournament 2 will comence and maybe if there are enough people tournament 3 will start at the same time!

this has turn inot advertisements so I'll hold one

(spam removed - moderator)
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 04-20-2006 at 22:03.

Thank you Moderator!
    Last edited by mac89; 04-21-2006 at 14:48.

yeah uh sry about that
    I won't make another smap unless completly necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot
    I won't make another smap unless completly necessary
    It won't be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Welcome to the Modding Forums thread
    Forge:
    This subforum is solely for developing mods. Each mod gets a single thread. These threads are primarily meant for development so do not spam or chat in there since it will only hinder the modders.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

!2.0 Preview!

check the website! www.lotrtw.com

i think Wlesmana will post here later

How many provinces will the Campaign map include, and when will the 2.0 mod release?

What is the ETA for 2.0 version?
    What pity is it That we can die, but once to serve our country

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Anarion> number of provinces is not finalized yet but I'm shooting for 70-80. It would be densed enough for enough battles but not too dense that it'd take only 1 turn to come out of your city and siege another one. Many of the towns will actually be "outposts" meaning their size will be limited and no wall permitted so it'd be closer to camps. You can't make units in these "outposts" so many of them will be buffer zones, an area that the enemy must conquer before going for the real city.

Thurnor> closed beta is expected around October at the latest, probably november. Open beta will be out when closed beta ran well.

Thanks for reply - cant wait. Btw, do you plan to mod for MTW2?

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Depends on its moddability. CA has not made an anouncement about whether we can mod the models or animations. If we have to rely on another kind soul like Vercingetorix again, then I can say no, I will not be making a M2TW mod. The level of frustration with working with the animations and models without the real tool is something I don't want to go through again.

If all we can do is mod the models and not animations, I'll probably make a mod that doesn't require new animations, such as A Song of Ice and Fire mod.

M2 has got some nice animations but you've done a great job with your animations.

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    closed beta is expected around October at the latest, probably november. Open beta will be out when closed beta ran well.
    Any news, whats the ETA? I dont mean to be annoying - but i am really looking forward to this mod.

Closed Alpha will start this month I think and after that a LOT of balancing and then the release ( not really an ETA).

BTW Woot! LOTR TW is in the TOP 100 of the ModDB.com Awards!

As I´ve stated over and over in the The Crusades subforum (and will basically everywhere): take your time, don´t let a zealous community put you under pressure, do what you think is right and enjoy making the mod. The more we who´ll use it will when it finally comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    As I´ve stated over and over in the The Crusades subforum (and will basically everywhere): take your time, don´t let a zealous community put you under pressure, do what you think is right and enjoy making the mod. The more we who´ll use it will when it finally comes out.
    The Alpha has started since yesterday and no worries about it being hastened.

Wink Re: The Lord of the Rings: Total War

The best mod ever.........but this has no city personalized for orks, neither minas tirith...........but it is much much better than the four age simply because it has loads of orks............What i want from you is this: make it better and sell it......everybody sells loads of crap, but you are free..........Anyway, keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Interesting mod. I have the latest beta downloaded and am playing it. One small suggestion if I may, I think ye haves too many different types of Orc troop types, same for the Dunlanders. Neither the LotR movies nor Tolkien hinted at such a vast array of Orc etc. troop types. Too many troop types is as bad as not enough troop types. Also, I noticed Rohan Knights with javelin ability and only a 1 Charge Value, when Rohan already had javelin armed lesser cavalry that have more of a Charge value than the much heavier and well equipped Rohan Knights, and there are also way too many Rohan troop types IMHO. The number of troop types seems to be overdone as there are more troop types per faction than there were in the Imperial Roman and Byzantine militaries, and Alexander's homogenous forces.

Other than that, it seems t be a very interesting and well done mod.

Thank you,

Chris

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

I agree. There isn't a Rohirrim Cavalry unit for Rohan and there is too many unit types for Isengard, Mordor, Gondor, Rohan. However it is a amazing mod and brilliant ideas. Also i had to mod the mod to get Rohirrim Freelancers from Unknown to Rohan, lol and then to change the name and stats. Please do not be offended.

Great mod!
    Last edited by Darkvicer98; 10-28-2008 at 03:20.

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

Hi, Yeah, there are so many Orc and Goblin types it is confusing, as are the Rohirrim types. I am trying Mordor now and overall this seems to be running smooth.

I hope you all continue to add and improve to this mod as I am a Tolkien fan of a few decades in duration. Also, I see there is the Tales of Arda mod and I hope the same for it as the 1st Age is great. A mini campaign for the 1st Age could be Turin Turambar's saga, and the Black Sword himself did have a region around Red Hill under his dominion populated with mannish refugees in camps and villages and they resisted Morgoth for some time as very briefly described in the Silmarillion and I think also in Children of Hurin and other books by Chris Tolkien.

Thanx, Chris

PS: For the Goblins of the Misty Mountains, your Orc/Goblin Rabble(s), the Raiders are a good idea for a unit, its just all the other types that are mind boggling. I would simplify/reduce the number of types, same for the other factions as it is overkill and too much differentiation. Anyway, not being offensive, just suggesting.

PPS: After I save a game manually or reload a save actually, I get the black screen of no script, however, after the next end turn and auto save I get a normal screen, then after the nest end turn and save I get the black screen of no script, and so on. What is happenning??

PPPS: Dumb me. I didn't activate the script.
    Last edited by christof139; 05-04-2009 at 21:47.

i think i will place the movies here...:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsLN2rcD8jc
    take a look,look on video better than look on pics...
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567