Thread: What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school)

[Insertwittytitlehere] Member Copperhaired Berserker!'s Avatar

Default What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school)

If you're still loading up, get broadband.

Hehehe, nice joke on the title! Anyway, as I said what is your internet connection? Mine is a 4 MB connection. Brilliant connection I think. Don't get BT broadband, it's rubbish. Get telewest! If you have dial-up, get outta here. Wait, what if a Mod has a dial-up connection? WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!111 *runs away wimpering and hides behind a wall, away from the fearsome Moderators.*

If I was smart, I would have a witty punchline in this sig that would make everyone ROTFL.

I'm not smart.

Default Re: What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school

8mb/1mb adsl.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school)

Still a Dial Up, but a better one...

Downloads come with 20kb/s....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school)

Ahhh..yes feel the pure power of an analog modem.

I`m going to upgrade to somewhere between 1MB/4MB optical cable later this year though
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

56k, 1Mb, 2Mb, 4Mb.....whatever, it's the system that counts in Total War

......Orda

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

512kb/2mb ADSL - but we have a wireless and my PC is too far from the router.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Default Re: What is your connection?(If you're still reading this, you haven't went to school

1.5mb-4mb ADSL

Not sure but my download speeds never go over 160 kb/s. Why is this?

1mb
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

1.5M cable broadband. Telewest.

Get telewest!
    That must mean you live in the North-West of England.

[Insertwittytitlehere] Member Copperhaired Berserker!'s Avatar

How dare you say I live in England!!! I'm a Scottish man and proud of it! Man, I never get tired of saying that......Hehehehe.....

If I was smart, I would have a witty punchline in this sig that would make everyone ROTFL.

I'm not smart.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Apparently, my connection is Awesome.

7.1 megabits per second
    Communications 7.1 megabits per second
    Storage 868.5 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 1.2 seconds
    Subjective rating Awesome
    http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

2mb.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Mines the same as Proletariat. Oh well .
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

56k that runs at between 49.2 and 52.0 kbps. Yeah it sucks, but I did load this page instantly!
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Mines the same as Proletariat. Oh well .
    Would you have used the word 'Awesome'? I wouldn't have. I think this connection sucks, especially for the 60 USD or whatever it is that I pay for it. Eh, oh well.

Would you have used the word 'Awesome'? I wouldn't have
    Nope. But then imagine what the rest of these poor slobs have to put up with

Bye the way judging from the title of this thread the author didnt spend much time in Engish class during school.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 07-31-2005 at 00:09.

Bwahaha. *snorts at the unwashed modem peons*

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

2 Mb for me.

1.5mb-4mb ADSL

Not sure but my download speeds never go over 160 kb/s. Why is this?
    If you're wondring why you aren't getting 1.5 megabytes per second download, it's because your connection speed in measured in bits, while your download rate is in bytes, which are 8 times bigger. I'm not sure this is what you're asking, though.
    Last edited by Big King Sanctaphrax; 07-31-2005 at 01:06.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Depends. Anywhere from 32 to 56 kbps.

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

according to the test one was 3.1mb and the second was 3.7 mb.

But I'm almost sure I hav on occasion gotten close to 10 mb per second
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

2.2 MB per second

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    If you're wondring why you aren't getting 1.5 megabytes per second download, it's because your connection speed in measured in bits, while your download rate is in bytes, which are 8 times bigger. I'm not sure this is what you're asking, though.
    Wait isn't it the other way around? My connection speed should 8 times bigger, and download speed be a lot slower. I think it's "storage speed"? Can someone correct me one this?

With your warning level all you need is two cans and a piece of string to post I been there . Takes all day to reply and by the time you do its to late.

Blog Entries

T3 or about 15mbps currently... will be moving down to 1mb Cable Modem Soon

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

10 mbps
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Wait isn't it the other way around? My connection speed should 8 times bigger, and download speed be a lot slower. I think it's "storage speed"? Can someone correct me one this?
    Your download speed is much slower than your connection speed. I'm not sure what you're saying, really.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

2.2Mb

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

Communications 1.2 megabits per second
    Storage 142 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 7.2 seconds
    Subjective rating Good

Yeah!
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.