Thread: Fantasy Total War, Who wants to be on the team ?

ok, here's the idea, if anyone can actually make it that is...
    (I dont know if there are very good modders here ?)

To remake Shogun Total War MI, and change all the units to Fantasy,mythical creatures as in Elves,Dwarves,Orcs,Undead etc.
    I'll make the unit pictures etc. if someone helps me (learn how to,with what programm etc.), and anyone who has some input can help, I havent got a clue on anything ,except on the creatures which should be involved and what they should look like; please note ,it will not be based on the "movie" Lord Of The Rings,(havent seen it), but on the book,every drawing you and I have seen so far on the web and in Books about Mytholigy.

Please post if you're interested,if you want to see such a mod and if you can ,and like to help.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Mithrandir.
    Abandon all hope.

There are three things that prevent to make a total mod ( mine just use premade units )
    1) and most important , the impossibility ( it seem , but iwill check it better soon ) to totally change the units graphic
    2) the lack of a scenario editor ( will help alot players to enjoy it )
    3) the impossibility to change some of units stats

i think that only the first one is a real problem , we will see ....

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

You can try, but it is very hard, modding a few Historicasl Battles or adding some is hard enough, re-editing the entire game will be very hard

------------------
    Give me your heart, and I'll break it.
    Give me your virginity and you'll lose it.
    Give me your money, and I'll keep it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Mithrandir:
    ...remake Shogun Total War MI, and change all the units to Fantasy,mythical creatures as in Elves,Dwarves,Orcs,Undead etc...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Vanya not much into other people's fantasies... unless they are congruent with His own ...

But, Vanya is curious about your idealization of the 'undead'. Having no head, and being undead, I find a little apprehension that your characterization might stereotype us "non-living" beings and generally cast us as evil doers as a result of "guilt by association" because of a notorious few bad apples...

The undead can be sensitive too. They have loving families... and more geishas than most mortals could fathom. So we like to cut heads off... So we like to drink blood... so we sport an occasional grapefruit or Ramen Noodle as a head when we lack one of our own... Does that make us any different than the barbarian that does the same? Or the priest that sacrifices a member of his flock to please his god? Deep down inside, we too are flesh and bone... only ours is dead and lifeless...

With that having been said, I recommend you change the KENSAI unit to a HEADLESS HORSEMAN unit. Make it a cavalry unit. Base armor of 99, base attack of 99, base defense of 99, base honor of 30, base morale of 99.

Sure, it will be a fierce and fearsome unit... as it should be. But, for the sake of balance, it should take a heck of a lot of money and time to train one .

GAH!

Now we will find out if our ideas are truly compatible...

GAH!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

The Dark Riders (I think that is what they are called) from LOTR could work, and a headless horseman would be pretty good, if it is possible

------------------
    Give me your heart, and I'll break it.
    Give me your virginity and you'll lose it.
    Give me your money, and I'll keep it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

There are tools in the file section of the Org that give you full graphic editing capabilities. The only issue, of course, is the fact that you're going to need, as I said, a crack graphic editor to make much of it. They are not easy files to edit, there are like 16 frames of animation for each unit and within each frame there are about 20-30 different perspectives. In other words, hard work.

Matt

blegh just had a look in one of them,.... damn a _lot_ of work, the ashiguru Xbows seem to have the least sprites...
    still around or so...

still, if someone will help me edit the pictures, I'll do it and I'll still need some enthousiastic people to help me on more probs...

let me know and We can make the ultimate mod, if not Total War 3!!

Abandon all hope.

Warhammer:TotalWar
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.

Well, i've always dreamed of World War II: Total War.....but what are the chances of that?
    -Jerry Garcia
    Ape killed Ape!
    -Unkown Ape, Battle for the Planet of the Ape's

I would love to makte the plot

however I cannot make editing and such

But I can help makeing practical things, and just call me if u got a little assignment

[This message has been edited by Sjakihata Akechi (edited 06-12-2002).]
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

?............Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

this post interests me continue !
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!