Thread: Fishing!

Default Fishing!

So is there any anglers among us?

I, myself, is a big fan of fishing. I've been fishing for a 5 years, but not really hardcore, and with an anglers enthusiasm.
    However, in may-june me and two friends went to norway, living in tent and trekking all over the place. Of course we brought fishing poles. Very light shimano telescope poles and shimano reels. They are 5-20 and really delicate. We mostly fished trouts and perchs. And we cought a lot of trouts. My trout fishing skills were really honed. I must've cought at least 150 trouts, where about 50 of them were big enough for eating. Smoked or baked trout, with lemon, and rice + a nice fish head soup was what we mostly lived on high in the norwegian fjells (mountains).

Back home, I'm trying to catch a seatrout. Supposedly, denmark has some of the best seatrout fishing that you can get, I hope it will show.

What're you fishing experiences, which fish do you most enjoy catching (esp. im interrested what the americans think, since their variety of fish differs somewhat from the scandinavian one) and any hard learned fishing tips?

Happy fishing!
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fishing!

I live in the Caymans there are two things... the little Island, and the sea. OF COURSE I GO FISHING! almost everyday as a matter of fact, and me and one of my mates are rebuilding on a 1960s Schooner to do exactly that, so we don't have to rent a boat. We are almost finished by finding a good out-boared motor is tough, and it has to be about 200hp because anything less won't cut it on the high seas.

I am a keen fisherman but not very hardcore. I love to go fishing when I am angry as the peace and tranquility calms yuo down like nothing else.
    Fishing is amazing for anyone who hasn't tried it I strongly suggest that you do.

I live in England and their arn't many exotic fish here as I would like, but I love catching Salmon and Trout.
    Last edited by Taurus; 08-02-2005 at 09:33.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Did it a couple of times, can't say I love it though , and the last time I did it was at least 5 years ago.

However the first time I went fishing , I caught a little fish in just 5 minutes, encouraged by that success I tried it a couple more times, never caught anything ever again....

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Vip3r
    I am a keen fisherman but not very hardcore. I love to go fishing when I am angry as the peace and tranquility calms yuo down like nothing else.
    Fishing is amazing for anyone who hasn't tried it I strongly suggest that you do.

I live in England and their arn't many exotic fish here as I would like, but I love catching Salmon and Trout.

Oh, my dream is to catch a salmon. Just a little one around 6 kilos. You can catch them at the sea in Denmark, however, to go to a swedish or norwegian river and catch them there would be magnificant.

I love to fish. I live about an hour from the east coast. I enjoy fishing from
    the shore (more sights= ladies on beach) but pier fishing is more
    fun to me. Mostly catch blue fish, flounder, spots, mullets and pompano.
    Every now and then I have caught sea bass, spanish mackeral and sharks.
    I have also been deep-sea fishing, but many people get seasick the first few
    times.
    PB-PL Commander/CC2 Commander/MTW Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Sjakihata
    Oh, my dream is to catch a salmon. Just a little one around 6 kilos. You can catch them at the sea in Denmark, however, to go to a swedish or norwegian river and catch them there would be magnificant.
    Good Luck Mate

Well, I've been fishing a few times. In Scotland, I went to a reservoir and we caught three brown trout (all of good size and good enough for eating).

Also went fishing in the sea and caught a very small cod, and then I accidentally dropped it and it wriggled away between the rocks.

Been fishing in a river near where I live and there are some brown trout and rainbow trout but I haven't caught anything there.

I'm not a keen fisher, but I go sometimes.
    Last edited by Craterus; 08-02-2005 at 16:46.

I'd love to hear from some americans who cought the bass. Supposedly it's the most popular sportfishing fish, is it fun to catch?

2 am local time im going out to catch sea trout again, let's hope im lucky tonight!

Good Luck!

My problem with fishing is that you aren't always allowed to eat what you catch.

Never really tried and I dont think I will. The only sort of fishing that would apeal to me is sea fishing. That would be prity cool.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

I was actually fishing in Cornwall yesterday with my dad. We were hoping to catch a Mackerel or two, but all we caught were two small Pollack (mine) and a Garfish (dad). Quite dissappointing, but nevermind.

The fish are probably wise to us by now lol
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

I'd love to hear from some americans who cought the bass. Supposedly it's the most popular sportfishing fish, is it fun to catch?

2 am local time im going out to catch sea trout again, let's hope im lucky tonight!
    If you mean me, I caught a Sea Bass (which is saltwater) The main sport-
    fishing for bass is the freshwater kind of fishing in rivers, lakes, etc...
    The Sea Bass can grow quite large where the fresh bass is not too big, but
    the sportfishing tourney usually count weight of a certain number of fish in
    a certain time period. Many people in my area are simply 'addicted' to this
    type of fishing, but I am more the beach bum fishing off of piers .
    PB-PL Commander/CC2 Commander/MTW Commander

I live on an island, so I am surrounded by sea. So of course I fish; in freshwater!

I usually go fishing with my brother to test out the different 'lakes' there are to be found on here on the island, in a hope to find a lake where the weight exceed 500 grams (if that unit makes sense to anyone)

I fished last week and got 3 trouts, not too bad for being me.
    My brother somehow always get more fish than me.

There is a river with salmon not too far from where I live, I`ve heard about big fishes in it, but still I haven`t bothered try it out as it is relatively small.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

I like to fish also.Mostly on the lakes, my most usual catch is a pike.Also i go almost every year to Lappland to catch river trouts.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

In norway, is a lake called Femund, the #2 largest natural lake in norway. There're big trouts and fjell-trout (rødding). Don't know the english name, but they are red at the belly, and live high in the mountains, normally from 800-xxx meters.
    In femund I cought the biggest trout in my life, weighing 1 kilo and 200 grammes. Those a fun, they fight very well and looks so pretty. And taste well as well, we smoked them. Uhmm.

Anyway, sea fishing and freshwater fishing can both be fun. Freshwater is more relaxing, but at the sea you can get a really big catch.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kagemusha
    ...to catch river trouts.
    Fly fishing. Ha! That should get a prize for the best new use of a smiley.
    Unto each good man a good dog

I love fishing. Lake trout are good fun and good eating. I also dig flathead, taylor, blackfish... Ah hell, I'll eat anything fresh.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

My dad has always loved fishing. Whenever he would get the chance he'd take me out to a river somewhere, or a lake, wherever we could find really and just cast a few lines. As a kid i didn't really catch much, and these days i don't fish a lot however he dragged me out to a lake this past weekend.

The lake is stocked with fish and we're out there for something like 3 hour, i haven't had a bite since we sat down...and my butt is getting tired so i inform him that i'm gonna go take a shower (it was 96 degrees afterall) and get something to eat. Well no sooner had i stood up and said that did his line get a bite, he went to grab the pole and...

Splash!

The pole disappeared into the water! I was stunned but not as stunned as I was about to be...

Splash!

he went in after it!! My dad actually jumped into this lake to get his pole back. well needless to say i was lmao at this. for lo and belond about a minute later he resurfaced holding his pole. The fish snapped the line but he got that pole back alright!

ah, good times...

Blog Entries

I caught a very nice Yellow Tuna this morning! too bad I didn't have my Camera with me actually though 210lbs is just slightly large. I've caught a 260lb Blue Marlin, and a 420lb Bullshark. Of course I can't eat what I catch all by myself so I donate it too a fish market for free (so I have gotten in their good graces and I can basically buy whatever I want at cost).

Still waiting to find a good outboared motor. Might have to just break down and buy one a new one for 2k Pounds.

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

210lbs? That's huge! If that fish were a human, it would be overweight by a long way... But then again it was a tuna, and those things are always massive
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

i live in queensland, and we get heaps of great fishing.
    went fishing the other day with my mates, and caught a 30 kg yellowfin tuna, but not only that, i caught a couple of 1.2 kilo bream, a few large flathead and a couple of big snapper, of course we were on the water for close to 10 hours.
    thanks,
    dizzy
    {LORE}
    "It is not the well-being of individuals that makes cities great, but the well-being of the community"- Niccolò Machiavelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Fly fishing. Ha! That should get a prize for the best new use of a smiley.
    Thanks Beirut.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.