View Poll Results: Who is more arrogant?

Voters
55. This poll is closed
  • I am American and I think neither is arrogant.

1 1.82%
  • I am American and I think both are arrogant.

11 20.00%
  • I am American and I think Americans are arrogant and europeans aren't.

1 1.82%
  • I am American and I think Europeans are arrogant and Americans aren't.

4 7.27%
  • I am European and I think neither is arrogant.

2 3.64%
  • I am European and I think both are arrogant.

12 21.82%
  • I am European and I think Americans are arrogant and europeans aren't.

6 10.91%
  • I am Eurpoean and I think Europeans are arrogant and Americans aren't.

4 7.27%
  • Gah!

14 25.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is more Arrogant? Americans or Europeans?

Default Re: Who is more Arrogant? Americans or Europeans?

BP, maybe you are not aware of this, but there is a bit of a sibling rivalry between Europe and America.

These have actually both been very intelligent and responsible threads.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

I don't know where to stand on this particular issue, especially considering I am an American feeling "trapped" or isolated in my own country. As a country we do push our point across in the manner "either we go my way or you don't come along" attitude. As individuals we've been all but severed from our government and have little influence left over a corrupt shell.

Yes as a people we are quick to embrace and adapt to the best each culture has to offer. Yet, we are completely intolerant of the Hispanic populace largely because most refuse to speak/learn American english.

All I know (being only 20) is that the US largely disregards anyone who disagrees with them (of course, those in power) and still does not care about its people who have no healthcare, the impoverished, and economic dependancy.

However, it seems many EU nations have become timid over the last fifty years and rarely if ever look to the possibility of armed engagements as a solution, though I do not support marching into a damn country which is doing nothing to anyone else. Preemptive my ass.

This is definitely a problem which will not be answered for a long, long time.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Quote Originally Posted by swirly_the_toilet_fish

Yet, we are completely intolerant of the Hispanic populace largely because most refuse to speak/learn American english.

Actually, we are intolerant becasue we have MILLIONS of illegal immigrants detroying our publi education system, destroying our health care system, clogging our roads, overwhelming our police services, and milking the economy for welfare and food stamps while claiming they have no income (which they have plenty of and pay no taxes on).

Stage one: An illegal immigrant moves to this country and takes a starting job as a maid or farm worker. They move into a clown house filled with other illegals. When they need health care, they go to the emergency room. They drive in packs of five with "pass around cars" that they sell to each other for vitually nothing in order to reregister the car without needing insurance. If they get into an auto accident, the victim party will be unable to get what is entitled to them becasue the illegal has no money and no insurance.

Stage Two: The illegal has put down roots. He finds a wife and together they move into a house or apartment with several other young families. At this point, each has already or will soon begin to move to the next stage job: be it landscaping, janitorial services, haircutting, food service, manufacturing, or construction, etc. The two individuals have a child together in their very early twenties. This child is an American citizen. They make a claim to the government for welfare becasue the American citizen child is entitled to welfare and food stamps if he is below the poverty line. And he will be below the poverty line no matter what because the illegals will say so and their is nothing to prove them wrong. The child will go through american public school and will be taught english to the great burden on our poorly paid teachers.

Stage three: Then the family will have a second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth child. At some point, they will move to their own rented house or apartment in a terrible neighborhood. The house will be rented to them by a sympathetic mexican or an unscrupulous landlord. Some of the older children will join gangs and commit terrible acts of violence. All the while, the family is recieving welfare, food stamps, free education, and free health care. The family is impossible to uproot, the community is ridden with crime and attracts new illegal immigrants.

This is why Americans are intolerant of hispanics and rightly so. My friend works for an unscrupulous barber who hired an illegal immigrant. The illegal immigrant makes 5k a month which she does not pay taxes on and recieves 1200 a month in welfare and additional money in food stamps.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    This is why Americans are intolerant of hispanics and rightly so. My friend works for an unscrupulous barber who hired an illegal immigrant. The illegal immigrant makes 5k a month which she does not pay taxes on and recieves 1200 a month in welfare and additional money in food stamps.
    Psst... Call INS! I do everytime I can get proof.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Azi,

You sound like my girlfriend.

Also, whenever she gets hastle from Arabs or Mexicans she threatens to call the INS: you'd be amazed at how they back off (hmmm, wonder if those guys may have been illegal...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12