Thread: England Kicks A**

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default England Kicks A**

My neighbor just came back and brought me (yes me) a I kilo milk chocolate cadburry bar the damn thing is as big as my leg. three cheers
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Default Re: England Kicks A**

Yes, yes it does Finally you've realised
    Now we shall turn you over to the Dark Side...the Dark Side of chocolate, that is!!...nah, we'll keep you on the milky side. Milk chocolate is better.
    And yes, Cadbury's rocks.
    Best British chocolate.
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Moved to the Frontroom, where chocolate is better appreciated.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Yes, KukriKhan the Wise speaks the truth. Chocolate is most welcome here.

Spam, however, even chocolate coated, is not.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

this isnt spam im spreading the love
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

And the love may be spread.

T'was just checkin' the headin' of the threadin'.
    Unto each good man a good dog

I also like white chocolate.
    White chocolate PWNS!!
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Spam, however, even chocolate coated, is not.
    EWW! Must be a british thing right? Home of all those other fun foods...

Well... I'd come up with some but I'm cooking now and I don't want to gross myself out....

But you know what I mean... right?

Azi

P.S. Cadbury kicks Hershey's chocolate covered you-know-what.
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    Yes, yes it does Finally you've realised
    Now we shall turn you over to the Dark Side...the Dark Side of chocolate, that is!!...nah, we'll keep you on the milky side. Milk chocolate is better.
    And yes, Cadbury's rocks.
    Best British chocolate.
    Seeing as we're talking about British things, we should probably turn him to the Dark Side of the Moon while we're at it.

Cadbury's is great. However, my all-time favourite chocolate is a greek brand called Lacta.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Cadburys is nice, but Lindt chocolate is better. Mmm...
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    Seeing as we're talking about British things, we should probably turn him to the Dark Side of the Moon while we're at it.
    Aye, good plan...*begins turning process*

I guess it ain't bad.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Would someone like to send me samples of each so I can decide?

It would be much appreciated.

Chocolate from local confectionaries is really good. There is a good place on Martha's Vineyard (Island off Massachusetts) called Chilmark Chocolates, they make great stuff. The Chocolate Barn here (Southern VT) also makes great chocolate.
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

These titles are too shor Member TonkaToys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strike for the south
    My neighbor just came back and brought me (yes me) a I kilo milk chocolate cadburry bar the damn thing is as big as my leg. three cheers
    If you eat the whole Kilo of chocolate on your own, you will have a huge a$$ for England to aim at!!!

Took a shop sized box of Kit Kat to NZ for a mate as the chocolate tastes nicer (apparently). Got through customs faster, because I declared it as a food stuff and they waved me through!

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

If you have kids take them to Cadbury World in Birmingham - that's in the West Midlands not Alabama!

It is simply awesome. Chocolate everywhere, free samples galore and an insight into the making process. It reminds me of a film, but I can't quite put my finger on it... Police Accademy?
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by strike for the south
    One of Britains greatest achievements

Its a shame that they wont be able to sell it for much longer, once fat people try to sue Cadbury's for forcing them to eat vast amounts of chocolate we'll all be rationed to 2 squares a week.

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax

Cadbury's is great. However, my all-time favourite chocolate is a greek brand called Lacta.

YES! YES!

Lacta has such an underdeveloped potential. That stuff is amazing. Whenever I return from Greece I usually take a significant number of Lacta bars back with me but I ve never found it here :-/. I can send you some by post the next time I get some from Greece

Cadbury is nice, I even met the Cadbury guy once when he was giving a lecture at my university. Nice chap...He didnt give us free chocolates as we all expected though...is it too much for 30 Postgraduate students to go to a lecture lured by the potential distribution of free chocolate?
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Khalifah
    If you have kids take them to Cadbury World in Birmingham - that's in the West Midlands not Alabama!

It is simply awesome. Chocolate everywhere, free samples galore and an insight into the making process. It reminds me of a film, but I can't quite put my finger on it... Police Accademy?
    Drooling....

Cadbury World....Free samples.... Chocolate making....

Makes my mouth water. Can't wait to go there!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Cadbury is ten times better than Swiss chocolate. All they can do are those rubbish pralines.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

anyway....whats this post gotta do with england kicking ass?
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Yeah, I came in here expecting a thread about the cricket!
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

lol, our food is the best! Although the Germans are catching up with Haribo!
    I've never been to Cadbury world, whats it like? It would be hilarious to find it exactly like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, complete with oompa loompas!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

These titles are too shor Member TonkaToys's Avatar

Yeah... but only old style orange oompa loompas.