Thread: How can I implement walls for specific factions?!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Question My questions

Hello modderz and sorry if this has been asked before, because I am a rookie.

1st question

Since I've just started learning about RTW modding, and I was wondering how can I add the stone walls to Dacia. Historically, they had walls, but in RTW they don't have.

So, how can I do this?!
    And what do I need?! I noticed Adherbal's Wall Editor. Is this all I need?!

EDIT: I know how to add, I just want to add the textures, when they appear in the Building Browser, and on the battlemap.

2nd question

How can I mod the marian reforms date so they can occur at 200 BC?!

3rd question

How can I modify the game, so the cheat add_money can be introduced more than 1 time?!

Thanks very much,
    Eddy
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 08-04-2005 at 14:09.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

FL, US. The far away land of condos and old folks...

Default Re: My questions

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval

3rd question

How can I modify the game, so the cheat add_money can be introduced more than 1 time?!
    You can always save your game, exit RTW, start it up again and load your game, then use the cheat again. The cheat limit is only during a single launch of the game, not once per campaign.

Or you can add more starting Denarii to a new campaign:

1) Go to x:\Program Files\Activision\Rome Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\, replacing x with the drive letter where the game is installed.

2) Copy descr_strat.txt and paste it into the \imperial_campaign\ folder(the "Copy of descr_strat.txt" will be your backup of the original). "Always backup any file you make changes to."

3) Now open descr_strat.txt with Notepad. Go to Edit|Find... and type in the name of the faction you want to play as. Right at the beginning of each faction's section there is a line that controls that faction's starting treasury. Just change the 3000 or 5000 to whatever you want to start with. I'm not clear on the ceiling that number can reach, but I know 999999 works.

4) Save the file and open RTW, starting a new imperial campaign as the faction you just edited. If you see the intro cutscene after you start the campaign, it worked.

Just be aware that having more than 50,000, 100,000, or 150,000 in your treasury when your turn ends has increasingly negative effects on your governors. It's best to always keep your treasury <50,000 when you end your turn to avoid your generals gaining those vices. You will also want to replace the original file when you are starting a new campaign as another faction, lest the one you edited will have a big fat treasury to use against you. These changes only affect new campaigns started after you've edited the file.

Good Luck,
    -Ancient

FL, US. The far away land of condos and old folks...

Default Re: How can I implement walls for specific factions?!

...(resumed)

It's best to always keep your treasury below 50,000 to avoid your generals gaining those vices. Also, you will want to replace the original file if you're starting a new campaign as another faction, lest the one you edited will have fat treasury to use against you.

Good Luck,
    -Ancient

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: My questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
    You can always save your game, exit RTW, start it up again and load your game, then use the cheat again. The cheat limit is only during a single launch of the game, not once per campaign.

Good Luck,
    -Ancient
    Thanks, but I'm not that newbie. I already knew that

What I wanted was(you pointed it out very good), is to remove the cheat limit.

Thanks.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?