Thread: Problems

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Post Problems

Hey guyz...

I was playing as Carthage, when I noticed 2 things:

1. I have -7000 income in my capital. I get my army out, nothing improves. I end the turn, nothing. It's because of the army. Possibly a bug?!

2. I have assaulted Cirta. It has wooden walls. Can't get through it without the battering rams. But still, I can assault it without the siege weapons.
    Bug also?!

Thanks.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: Problems

1.: I just think Carthage is taking al the heat of the negative income, are all the other city's in positive income ?
    Are you in debt ?

2: you probably have elephants in your army, they can destroy wooden walls.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

1) Carthage is your main port city. It always has a negitive income. It takes the brunt of your imports making it in the red. I have seen it at -9000

2) Like said above, you might have elephants in your army. Also, the Egyptians might have tried to assult the town and put some holes in the wall but were defeated. Since the AI never repairs walls, those holes will stay there.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

"Incompetence - When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do. "

Passionate MTW peasant Member Deus ret.'s Avatar

Imports? No...imports count to your trade REVENUE. They are generated from customs, trade taxes etc, thus bring money instead draining your income.

The high negative figure at Carthage is a phenomenon often witnessed when you have, say, one large city and several little ones. This is because army upkeep and wages are distributed among the cities according to their population --- the more population, the higher the share of the burden. Since Carthage grows at an enormous speed, it is likely to have a respectable deficit even if its economy is healthy.
    Vexilla Regis prodeunt Inferni.

More specifically, your largest cities contribute more to your army's upkeep, on a per capita basis. Where they are located (in the city or not) makes no difference at all. This tends to put bigger cities into the red but as long as you're making money on the whole it is not a matter of concern at all.

It's also possible there was a prior siege that damaged the walls and the city hasn't repaired them, or you infiltrated with a spy who opened the gates?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

No spies... I rarely use them....

Oh well, I love playing RTW. Hopefully I'm gonna spot some bugs no one else had.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?