Thread: Geisha..

Don't suppose there is a patch out there that will disable Geisha from the game...? I'm sure there must be some people here who fought hard for decades only to have thier daimyo and all thier heirs killed one after the other by a single geisha... Why even bother fighting other warlords, just concentrate your energy on getting a geisha house, execute all of the daimyo and thier heirs, and then mop up the Ronin.

CEWest

------------------
    "I'm telling you, Kakizaki, there is a man living in my toilet!"
    "I'm sure there is, Tono, now let's go a little lighter on the sake next time, okay?"

- Uesugi Kenshin and Kakizaki Kageie, 1578

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

No patch for that, so far. Yah, Geisha are the nuclear weapon of the game and very unbalanced. The only defense is your own Geisha to nail the enemy's, or a LOT of Ninja.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

In one of my campaign's I had two enemy Geisha after me.I managed to elude them by running from one end of japan to the other via the ports.I was able to kill one with my own Geisha and the other with a ninja.When you discover a Geisha running amok try to find the enemy province with the Geisha house
    with an emissary and then attack that province to destroy it.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I sometimes disagree with the opinion that geishas are unbalanced. In terms of game mechanics, the ability to use and be abused by geishas is basically what keeps the game from continuing in to the year 2001 (or beyond) by pokey players. The feature adds an artificial timeline that whereby you should have things wrapped up in a moderate amount of time (50 years is average) so it rewards the player who is more decisive. In the words of the Hagekure, "A samurai is one who makes a decision within seven breaths. It is a matter of thinking things through and then being decisive that lets one break through to the other side." So I suspect that sitting back and just making armies that you never intend to use is very un-Samurai-like.
    Anyway, I usually finish the game before the enemy has the resources or time to get geishas.

I don't know if I agree with that... I had fun fighting my way up from nothing - I accidentally 'let' Nobuhide destroy all of my resources (spear dojo, large castle, horse dojo) etc. 10 years in as the Mori, and had to fight my way up from the brink of disaster, and after about 45 years I had taken Kyushu and Shikoku, and was at last in a position (after having 9 out of every 10 years come in as 'down by 25%' koku) to finally make a move against the Oda, when lo and behold, a geisha comes along, kills me, and sits in the castle that every heir is magically transported to, and offs them one by one.... anyway, I'd just like the "option" of playing a game without Geisha.

------------------
    "I'm telling you, Kakizaki, there is a man living in my toilet!"
    "I'm sure there is, Tono, now let's go a little lighter on the sake next time, okay?"

- Uesugi Kenshin and Kakizaki Kageie, 1578

hey so geishas are bad, hmmm i won the campaign by just getting a geisha, held on to one territory, made alliances, killed my allied daimyos, took over, then made monks and mad rushed hojo horde before it got built! Then I killed hojos daimyo and sweeped up the ronin, so I did a bad thing oppps!

------------------
    Ronin alliance our power lies in our seperated nature, and united we are as strong as any clan, honour to alliance!
    Honour to Kenchikuka, may
    the Gods have mercy for those who fight against us!

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Leonkite: please refrain from replying to threads while you're drunk. It doesn't cast you in a good light