Thread: Hegemonia: Legions of Iron

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Default Hegemonia: Legions of Iron

Have you ever played Hegemonia before. Is it the second coolest space RTS, don't you agree?
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Default Re: Hegemonia: Legions of Iron

I've played it all the way through once. It was quite fun the first time, but i found it had little replayability, so haven't really played it for a long time. I've never played the Homeworld series, so don't really know how it compares to that.

To be honest, i'm not a huge fan of RTS space games (hence why I haven't played Homeworld) and I only bought it because it was on bugdet and remembered it was recommended by PC Gamer UK.

Default Re: Hegemonia: Legions of Iron

Eh. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't even in the same league as the original homeworld. The third dimension doesn't matter 95% of the time, neither does tactical manuevering. Spies are ridiculously overpowered. Getting from place to place was too slow, as was orbital bombardment, while building new ships was way too fast. I really hoped the research element would've turned out to be a lot deeper then it did.

It was very pretty, and a fun little diversion, but chance are I'll never play it again. It's still much better the ORB though.