Thread: Extermination!

Default Extermination!

Hello folks. During the campaig after u conquer a settlement ur given three options as u all well know. What i want to know is do u guys ever use the exterminate populace option and how long would u keep ur army in a newly coqured settlement before moving on?
    Always Outumbered

Never Outgunned

Forever a Rebel

BrandywelBhoy

Any Talented sig makers, plz contact me

Default Re: Extermination!

I usually occypy towns and large towns.Enslave minor cities and exterminate large/huge cities.I keep my army in the town for that time that my garrisoning force arrives.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kagemusha
    I usually occypy towns and large towns.Enslave minor cities and exterminate large/huge cities.I keep my army in the town for that time that my garrisoning force arrives.
    That's more or less what I do too.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Ditto, though if I'm stuck for cash I sometimes go on a raiding spree, exterminating and abandoning any decent target.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Ah, the good old Burnt Earth strategy. It´s usefull if you have only one strong army and have a powerful opponent at the doors. Conquer his key cities, exterminate the populance and destroy all the important buildings and then leave. It´s a good strategy for the Seleucid Empire against Egypt in the beginning.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

1. I always raise all buildings when conquering a settlement that isn´t in the same cultural group as me.
    2. I occupy when a settlement belongs to the same cultural group as me but...
    3. ...if it´s too large in comp with its development I either enslave or exterminate its pop to get time to build up before it gets too big.
    4. If its not in the same cult group as me I apply no. 3.

This way I always have large and highly developed cities in my coreland, followed by middle developed ones as a buffer-zone and my border towns are the least developed with the smallest amount of citizens. I also control the slave-directed growth of an settlement by pulling out all govs of their respective settlements before conq a new one and leaving the govs in the towns that I want to grow. This way all slaves goes exactly where I want them to go.
    I apply one exeption however when conquering lands that I don´t want to keep - either give it back to get a protectorate or give it to an ally - and in theese cases I always raise all buildings and exterminate its population.

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    This way I always have large and highly developed cities in my coreland, followed by middle developed ones as a buffer-zone and my border towns are the least developed with the smallest amount of citizens. I also control the slave-directed growth of an settlement by pulling out all govs of their respective settlements before conq a new one and leaving the govs in the towns that I want to grow. This way all slaves goes exactly where I want them to go.
    That is the exact same thing I do. Normally early on I transport all slaves to my current captial or mining provinces.
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

I wonder what´s giving the cultural penalty, is it only the temples or all buildings erected by another culture?

I usually try to just occupy a settlement. However, if a faction has annoyed me then I exterminate their population or enslave them depending on my mood.

I always enslave or exterminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Craterus
    I always enslave or exterminate.
    So do I, though I prefer enslaving, as it boosts the growth of my other cities in addition to making the newly conquered one managable.

There's a point where you have to stop enslaving because your home cities grow too big.

But I enslave mainly so I can have a manageable city, but still be able to recruit from it.

Whens the best time to occupy?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Occupy when the population is small and you need it to build it up quickly for force production.

Enslave will not overburden your core cities if the governors go out of town for a long weekend during the slave dispersement -- and then back home to govern. Besides, who doesn't enjoy a weekend away from time to time.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

I exterminate all people from cities other than greeks (everyone else has too much of a cultural difference that affects order).
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

When I play poor factions and conquered those small towns with just a bit more than 400 people, I exterminate, which gives me 200 - 500 dollars just like that.

I mean, a dozen lives for a few hundred dollars seems worth it.

I exterminate all. Gives you quick much needed cash, and prevents uprisings for several turns.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

I always enslave rebel towns....i alway extermante romans and greeks,i always barbian towns occupy unless very large populace extermate and i always enslave or more often occupy eastern towns
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    I wonder what´s giving the cultural penalty, is it only the temples or all buildings erected by another culture?
    All buildings. But the governer's buildings gives the most, though you can't replace it until your town grows. The temple is a close second, though many chose to keep foreign temples for bonuses that they normally won't have access to. Like Hephaestus' extra smith bonus or Epona's experiences.

I have a tendency for genocide. ;) My main cities grow too fast already with or without slavery. And since I often destroy all buildings in a newly conquered town, it's best to start off from the beginning.

Unhappy Re: Extermination!

I'm playing Armenia and having war with Seleucia . Have conquered one of their town which is bordering Ptolemaic (I"m playing 5.41). Since I need the Ptolemies as allies I offer the town to them since I cannot keep a garrison the (only have I standing army) which my main army will have to move exterminating cities for hard cash.

Why do they always refuse even a free gift from me ? I don't want to leave the town as Ptolemies will surely come knocking at the door and trigger an unwanted war with me but my kofer are in the red. I nedd to move. What shall I do ???
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

Ditch the town? But don't let Seleucids get it.

Unhappy Re: Extermination!

I ditch the town but now the Ptolemaics comes in. Ouch... NVM , Seleucid somehow asked for cease fire and now I'm at war with egypt. Got their Sidon & Tyre already.

Still early in the game.
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.