Thread: Which city should be "Roma" ?

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Which city should be "Roma" ?

Ok, the title might sound confusing, but in Vanilla RTW, to win, you have to conquer Rome.
    After much thoughts about this, I didn't find any city that was as important in 843 as Roma was in the RTW era. So here it is, which city should replace Rome as a end game target ?

We could keep Rome, or use Constantinople, Jerusalem, Cairo, Alexandrie, Paris, etc.

I also need an answer to start editing, cause the game won't launch without a province called Roma in descr_region

Default Re: Which city should be "Roma" ?

It's not possible to program alternate goals, like the "short campaign" goals in Vanilla?

uhh, I am confused, aren't we going to use BI?
    ANYWAY, we could use Paris, Roma, Ravenna, Jerusaleum, Constantinople.
    Oooh! ooh! We could use Jarusaleum if we have to use the Imperial campiagn, because that could then simulate the first Crusade. But If we use BI, will it matter?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Which city should be "Roma" ?

If we use BI, it might not matter, but right now, I need ti create a Roma province on the campaign map, in order to have it working. It's probably going to be either Rome, Jerusalem, Constantinople or some Frankish Empire city (Aix la Chapelle, Paris)

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Which city should be "Roma" ?

I suggest Jerusalem, because the ending date of the mod is 1099 and the first crusade. Actually, Jerusalem was my initial plan for Roma. I also think we should put a wonder giving happiness bonus (the collossus of Rhodes) in Jerusalem. The name of the wonder could be "The holy city" or something like that. After all, all major religions of the time have a monument of it's own of great religious importance there: the Jewish temple, the Holy sepulcre (sp?) for the Christians and the Mosque of the Rock for the Muslims, and it would be strange IMO to call the wonder "temple and holy sepulcre and mosque of the rock".
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

Smile Re: Which city should be "Roma" ?

Jerusalem , that is , Yerushalaim , is a great idea !!! none the less , Rome was the seat of the pope and in 800 it became a city-empire again . it is hard to choose . cons' is good choice , damn , the possibilities !!!
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

His higness, the Sultan Member Randarkmaan's Avatar

I think I read that in BI every faction will have it's own victory condition and that they will all be editable.
    "One of the nice things about looking at a bear is that you know it spends 100 per cent of every minute of every day being a bear. It doesn't strive to become a better bear. It doesn't go to sleep thinking, "I wasn't really a very good bear today". They are just 100 per cent bear, whereas human beings feel we're not 100 per cent human, that we're always letting ourselves down. We're constantly striving towards something, to some fulfilment"
    -Stephen Fry