Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The farthest you can trace your geanoligy back

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Default Re: The farthest you can trace your geanoligy back

On my father's side is Irishmen. My great-geandfather brought the family over from Ireland and promptly abandoned them. His brother robbed a stagecoach in the early 1900's- he was supposed to be delivering the mail in the coach (that was his job), bt in the dead of one winter, the coach was lost on the frozen lake he rode over. Everyone thought he fell in, until that spring, when they recovered the coach- minus one driver, both horses, and all the mail. He was later reported to be living it up in California.

My father's father joined the Border Patrol back when it was just being formed, and promptly started chasing people over the border into Canada- thus suprising some speeders who thought they were getting off scott-free by crossing into Canada, only to see him still behind them, hot on their tails. He eventually became assistant Director of the Border Patrol, and (this is absolutely true) he wrote the manual for the Border Patrol, and almost stopped the flow of Hispanics over the South border. He eventually got J. Edgar Hoover pissed off at him because the FBI was claiming responsibility for deportations made by the border patrol, and he was correcting the "mistake".

Not much to mention on my Mother's side; just Russian, Polish, and lithuanian Jews. My Russian Great-Grandfather, though, was forced to,leave the country because of his involvement in the 1904-05 revolution.

No real important characters in my family, but a lot of wierd stories.

Master of the Horse Senior Member Pindar's Avatar

I can trace my geneology back to at least 1612.

"We are lovers of beauty without extravagance and of learning without loss of vigor." -Thucydides

"The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage." -Thucydides

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanamori
    You haven't heard of any von Köberle's, have you? As I understand it, they've lived around there for quite a while and have since spread out around the Stuttgart area too.
    Well my grandparents aren't actually native to Bavari or Baden-Wuttemberg. My grandmother comes from Prussia and my granfather from Saxony. They only moved to Bavaria after the war.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

From my father side down to 1500 in Sothern of Sweden.... Farmers mostly...

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

I know of my family existing in Austria back to the 1800s, but I'm not too sure about names and the like. I can also trace back to Sicily-Calabrase to the late 1800s. I'm working on getting more.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

The family on my father's side has been living in the area I was born in at least since the middle of the 15th century. They were all farmers and shop keepers, except for one who made it to village councillor (schepen) in the 18th century. He is known as the real achiever of the family.
    On my mother's side, I haven't got a clue, but it's probably much the same. (I wouldn't have known on my father's side either if it wasn't for some guy who thought he was tracing his own family back until finally discovering he was looking at the wrong family with the same name )

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: The farthest you can trace your geanoligy back

something i´ve never really cared about....i´ve only bothered to check maybe 5 generations back....farmers and whatnot...
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

One of my cousins managed to recreate the family tree without too much holes in it up to the 18 th century.

My ancestors came mainly from the center (auvergne) and the north east of france (lorraine) with a danubean blood injection.

Most of them where farmers or craftsmen in the older times then some school teatchers and engineer in more recent times.

One of them was surgeon in napoleon's army and probably performed correctly his duty as he was granted the legion d'honneur which i still own among other family's souvenirs such as my grandfathers croix de guerre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12