Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Abortion

This thread was sort of inspired by the your politics thread

Abortion what do you think about it
    IMO Abortion should only be legal if it was a rape or the mothers life is in danger other than that it should be illegal
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Default Re: Abortion

I think a womens body is her own Business personally. Young girls from council estates that get themselves pregnant at 14 and 15 are naive and frankly stupid but they should have the choice at least.

If a women decides that she will have an abortion( i believe the father should be spoke to first before anything) she should. Those sad individuals who stand outside abortion clinics screaming abuse at the poor women going in ( who already have enough guilt to live with) should not only be ashamed but should be bulldozed over.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

OMG not again
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

This thread needs to be aborted.

was there another therad like this

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

only about 200. But it's been a month or so, so.....

Keep it civil, folks.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by strike for the south
    was there another therad like this

I believe you have stumbled across what is sometimes known as a forum 'grenade'

Definition: Forum Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    OMG not again
    Exactly my thought when I saw the thread.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Hell if im going to get into another one of these threads!

"Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. "
    -The Great Ronald Reagan.

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

If you don´t want to discuss abortion there is no need to coment that guys. You are not forced to share your opinions.

I agree fully with Strike. A rape or the mothers life is in danger are the only acceptable reasons to abortion.

If the woman has the right to decide over her body, the baby has it to, and I promise that the baby want to live. Abortion is murder, even if it is a result of incest or rapists it is murder.
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

This thread was sort of inspired by the your politics thread

Abortion what do you think about it
    IMO Abortion should only be legal if it was a rape or the mothers life is in danger other than that it should be illegal
    I agree. You should have done a poll on this.

I don't know why you are still posting. You should be in boot camp by now!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Ha still some school left

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    "Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born."
    Talk about speaking the blooming obvious. The quote is completely meaningless and displays no brains and light on the subject at all.

As for the thread... For the love of my arse, not again... We must have done this a bizillion-squillion times.

My opinion is, will always be and definitively correct in saying that up to 24 weeks a woman can have an abortion however, wherever and with whatever she wants. A woman should not be discouraged from having abortions but actively encouraged in having an abortion if she generally is upset with the prospect of having a child and is in a situation where the 'parent' is young / in an unstable relationship / unstable life in general. An abortion is no different than a condom and morning after pill, it serves the same purpose and prevents the same thing, the only difference is the time from the conception that the prevention takes place. One is instantaneous, another is hours and the third is weeks. People who believe abortion is wrong but the other things are fine or that abortion is only fine in cases of rape are morally bankrupt and should always be treated with the upmost contempt.

Beyond 24 weeks I believe abortion should only be allowed where there is a clear and distinct threat to the mothers life. Otherwise no abortion should be allowed, simple as that.

I believe in the sanctity of life - probably for completely different reasons than the traditional Christians believe in it, but never mind - and thus I do not want any human to die, but the fact is pre 24 weeks no human does and beyond 24 weeks I would not allow it. Luckily my country agrees with me and that is how the law stands.

Have fun.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 08-06-2005 at 23:16.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Ha still some school left
    Don't worry. You'll be doing push ups, swabbing the head, and painting rocks in no time.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

I always find it amusing how men can come down on abortion so firmly. Your never going to have to deal with it, so it's not your place to say whether it should be right or wrong. It should be up to the people are going to have to deal it(IE women).
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I don't have to deal with the heroin trade either, but I feel I have a right to declare it immoral. I've made my views known many times. Nothing new to add.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

As well as the point Don made to your remark Lars, just because men won't experience the operation itself, it does not mean they can be every bit as much involved and effected by a decision and govt policy either way in terms of abortion.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

I believe in post natal abortion of terrorists and L33t speakers...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Lets take this thread in another less talked about direction

I always find it amusing how men can come down on abortion so firmly. Your never going to have to deal with it, so it's not your place to say whether it should be right or wrong.
    The man is just as needed as the woman to produce a child. Im sick and tired of them having no rights or say about this. Like your just a sperm donor. Its no wonder men have come to not want to pay child support and the like. Where are our equal rights here? Were jusy good to produce the sperm and then pay for the raising of the child. Maybe if your lucky you will get visitation rights.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I don't have to deal with the heroin trade either, but I feel I have a right to declare it immoral. I've made my views known many times. Nothing new to add.
    Indeed, you don't have to be directly involved with something to be able to have a valid opinion on it. It's like the people that say if you're not in the army you can't have a say in foreign policy.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The man is just as needed as the woman to produce a child. Im sick and tired of them having no rights or say about this. Like your just a sperm donor. Its no wonder men have come to not want to pay child support and the like. Where are our equal rights here? Were jusy good to produce the sperm and then pay for the raising of the child. Maybe if your lucky you will get visitation rights.
    True but there is at least a 270 day gap after said sperm donation where we as men have no avenue for input or control of what goes on in reproduction. Realistically men have only about 10% involvment in the actual reproduction, the fun part. Women do 90% of the work in baby making. Once the wee one comes out the chute it becomes child rearing something else all together.

Male reproductive rights are a joke. Imagine if the law allowed a man to force his significant other to have an abortion. Just thinking about it seems very wrong. Now as to male parental rights that is a whole other thread. Once a child is born a mans responsibility and there fore input goes from 10% to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Actually you do have to deal with the heroin trade. Your paying for the judicial system that seeks out and procecutes the heroin trade. It affects the society in which you live, very directly. So you are quite involved with it. How ever you having an opinion on the reproductive choices of persons that aren't in your life is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    As well as the point Don made to your remark Lars, just because men won't experience the operation itself, it does not mean they can be every bit as much involved and effected by a decision and govt policy either way in terms of abortion.
    Unless it affects you and your personally you have no right to make broad condemnations.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    I believe in post natal abortion of terrorists and L33t speakers...
    I prefer the term "retro-active abortion."
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Realistically men have only about 10% involvment in the actual reproduction, the fun part. Women do 90% of the work in baby making. Once the wee one comes out the chute it becomes child rearing something else all together.
    And men are expected to pay for it whether they see the child or not.

Women do 90% of the work in baby making
    Your obviously no stud. I know I always do 90% of the work when Im having sex.

Male reproductive rights are a joke. Imagine if the law allowed a man to force his significant other to have an abortion.
    Now theres a twist. No abortions should be allowed without the knowledge and preferably the consent of both parents. In fact neither should be able to abort it. Again theres the case of the guy who went to jail for life helping his GF abort their babt while she got off scott free. There is no equality of justice in these matters. The courts almost always are biased towards women.

Member Member swirly_the_toilet_fish's Avatar

And men are expected to pay for it whether they see the child or not.

Now theres a twist. No abortions should be allowed without the knowledge and preferably the consent of both parents. In fact neither should be able to abort it. Again theres the case of the guy who went to jail for life helping his GF abort their babt while she got off scott free. There is no equality of justice in these matters. The courts almost always are biased towards women.

My wife works hard enough putting up with me and my childish fun when we're home together. I always do 90% of the work.

Second, that is because they are the minority within the United States, despite being about 60% of the population.

I believe that before the 24 week mark, the creation no more resembles a flower than it does a human.

And yes it does reside in a woman's body but who deals with the mood swings, late night cravings, the trips, the shopping, the everything else while "she needs to sit and relax"? Whether her father, boyfriend, or husband, the men do.

However men shouldn't have absolute rights over the parasitical lifeform, nor should the women.

This is such a damn split issue, none of this really matters. The only thing I completely disagree with on this topic are the extremists who resort to killings to make their point that "life is precious."

'Yeah, nice job wasting those ten women. Oh yeah, that's right. I meant those twenty lives.'
    "If I were a man I could do so much - travel the stars, learn to play the harp, conquer a foreign country and become a frustrated cartoonist."

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

If the mother doesn't want the baby, she can always give it up for adoption. Simple.
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    Actually you do have to deal with the heroin trade. Your paying for the judicial system that seeks out and procecutes the heroin trade. It affects the society in which you live, very directly. So you are quite involved with it. How ever you having an opinion on the reproductive choices of persons that aren't in your life is not valid.
    That's indirect contact, not direct, and I have plenty of indirect contact in the abortion procedure, using your line or reasoning. I have to pay for the procedure (if the mother uses Medicaid, government health for the poor you all claim doesn't exist in America), I have to pay for the psychological counseling either way, I have to pay for the child support if the mother goes on welfare & food stamps. I have a lot more riding on a woman having an abortion than I do a guy dealing heroin in the street.
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 08-07-2005 at 13:55.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    If the mother doesn't want the baby, she can always give it up for adoption. Simple.
    Far from simple, and more cruel than abortion. Unmaking a baby causes less pain than adoption ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by swirly_the_toilet_fish
    My wife works hard enough putting up with me and my childish fun when we're home together. I always do 90% of the work.
    Your both confusing reproduction on a whole with conception. Sex is about 10% of reproduction. That's why men only have about a 10% role in baby making. It's also why I called it the fun part.

That's because of sexism. The legal system is still set up that women can do no wrong. That men force them into these situations. Withouy knowing the whole deal it could be that woman tried to use a lasso baby on the guy. You know what I mean this sort of senario, woman; "Honey I'm pregnant" man; *stunned silence* woman; "Well what do you think?". Now here is where things can go different ways. The response the woman wants is "Shit your pregnant! we gotta get married". But there is also an equal chance of "Shit you gotta get an abortion now, I'm totally not ready for this."

Far from simple, and more cruel than abortion. Unmaking a baby causes less pain than adoption ever does.
    How the hell would you know? Im sure this isnt so for the baby.

Your both confusing reproduction on a whole with conception. Sex is about 10% of reproduction. That's why men only have about a 10% role in baby making. It's also why I called it the fun part.
    That baby is just as much mine as hers. Yet I haver no rights other than to pay for it. If you dont think it helps a woman when pregnat to have a supportive male around your clueless. Im sure any of us who have gone through putting up with them in this condition will back me up. Dont try to give me this crap she does all the work.

That's because of sexism. The legal system is still set up that women can do no wrong.
    So then you agree with me.

The response the woman wants is "Shit your pregnant! we gotta get married". But there is also an equal chance of "Shit you gotta get an abortion now, I'm totally not ready for this."
    Equal chance? What world are you living in where half the people would choose to abort their babies?

Sigh..... Sitting on high horses is so simple when you are on the net....

Lord of the House Flies Member Al Khalifah's Avatar

Are abortions not provided on the National Health Service? Therefore I am paying for them and - by your argument - I should have a say in them.

I'd prefer not to go down this alley of, because I paid taxes for something I feel entitled to a say in it. I paid road tax this year, it doesn't mean I decide where roads are built. I pay income tax that builds prisons, it doesn't mean that if convicted I can demand a plasma screen TV in my cell.
    Cowardice is to run from the fear;
    Bravery is not to never feel the fear.
    Bravery is to be terrified as hell;
    But to hold the line anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast