Thread: And so it begins

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default And so it begins

American football began with an exbition in Tokyo yesterday with the falcons beating the colts 27-21 Im extremely excited
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Default Re: And so it begins

I hate football, american and other wise.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    I hate football, american and other wise.
    Im sorry you feel that way
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

It's not so bad. Football doesn't inspire the hatred and malice that hockey and baseball provoke in me. I just find football (both kinds) insipid and uninteresting.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Time to see if Joey can throw the ball down the field instead of sideways.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Go Panthers!
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

The NFL and soccer are popular because they are easy to understand. Baseball is the stimulating alternative.

Blog Entries

Baseball blows. Rugby is where the real excitement is at. Though I still watch the occasional NFL game, I don't really have a favorite team.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Baseball is teh worst sport ever, second is American Football.

Best sport: Football(soccer).

Laff, Prol, I can't believe you philosophised sports like that.

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Its amazing how much hostility some folks have.

Summer in America means baseball, a truly great way to spend an afternoon or evening is to go to the ballpark and eat and drink and take in the crowds and the game. Baseball is a thinking man's game, even if only to ensure that you are taking the proper amount of steroids, or that your lawyer or agent isn't overcharging you.

Rugby is way cool, I love watching the weekly Australian highlights. The Brumbies, lol

Hockey could be a great sport but they've sold out to the thrill fans and allow violence to override finesse.

My favorite sport is Curling. Absolutely the greatest.

But Football is starting. Today Steve and Dan went into the Hall of Fame. Hopefully it'll be an interesting season.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

I really didn't mean to come off so snide. I was trying to take a light jab at those sports, but I think I came across much more smug than I had thought last night.

Basically, my point was b@Seball r3wls and NFL is teh suck. Lock teh thred!!!!!!11

Time to see if the Patriots can still hold their world champs. title. Time to see if the Eagles have the goods with 2 players out and one possibly. Time to see GB come up and win. And for Manning(sp?) to bring his team to the SB. And for Vick to run around the field (I dont think anyone told him he was a QB )

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

NFL easy to understand?!

that game is confusing as all hell!!

as for baseball, it pales in comparison to a cricket match, now that is a real game of strategic play, and highly skillful
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Pro Baseball, America's waste of time. The only sport where you can watch millionaires scratch themselves for four hours in the sun. Also, I think it is the only sport where the average for salary for a starter is $2.5 million. You know how many years it would have taken my Dad to make that much money?

Me, I like college football. You know, the purity of it... Bob Stoops genius... the integrity of the boosters... Joe Paterno's brilliance... too good stuff.

Wait... that's not true. I like college football because of the passions of the fans. I could care less about the thugs on the field and the dirty behavior off.

The NFL is like college... but worse in both regards.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Patria Nostra Romania Member Gemenii XIII's Avatar
    Colonia Ulpia Traiana Augusta Dacica Sarmisegetusa

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    The NFL and soccer are popular because they are easy to understand. Baseball is the stimulating alternative.
    NFL is popular? where?

Does this mean in ten years we'll be getting dozens of Japanese football players?
    Sometimes I slumber on a bed of roses
    Sometimes I crash in the weeds
    One day a bowl full of cherries
    One night I'm suckin' on lemons and spittin' out the seeds
    -Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Lemons

Aristotle, Chadalac Muskalaid Member Muska Burnt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimBob
    Does this mean in ten years we'll be getting dozens of Japanese football players?
    no they always have the first game in japan

eagle eagle eagles

Hey why do you yankees always say we're world champions when you play just in your national leagues??
    Born On The Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Kongamato
    Time to see if Joey can throw the ball down the field instead of sideways.
    Whaddya reckon, can they reach the heady heights of 8-8 this season?

An average division, a roster stacked with young talent, how will the Lions manage to stuff it all up this season?

On a serious note, I predict a 10-6 season for the Lions, division champs, and blown out in the first round of the playoffs
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Gentlemen,

Please, if you wish to discuss sports, by all means. If you are only posting to say how bad a certain sport is, then "Shhhhhh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Basically, my point was b@Seball r3wls and NFL is teh suck. Lock teh thred!!!!!!11
    That, in a nutshell, is the kind of sentence that will earn you the attentions of a fanatical pack of Mods who are hellbent on finding someone to focuss their negative energies on.
    Unto each good man a good dog