Thread: Evolution of troops

Default Evolution of troops

Hope this wasn't answered anywhere else but I didn't find it at least. Now I know Roman troops radically change with a Marian trigger, but how many other countries will have a sort of evolution like that (assuming any had such a thing historically). Though I'm not sure about it historically, I would be surprised to find that Gauls of 250 BC were using the same sort of military as those in 50 BC. Though, I suppose improved barracks might partially be able to show this.

Default Re: Evolution of troops

....and that is why I sometimes miss a Civ-ish technology tree in Total War. :)
    G˘tt mos, Lennart.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

I know of at least four other factions that will have new troops available after a certain period of time...
    Cogita tute

Sweet. Will it be more like the MTW updates for the generals (with better general bodyguards for some factions, that is, just a small amount of troops who change) or will it be more like a dramatical, overall shift towards a different roster (e.g. MTW Denmark Early vs. High)?
    G˘tt mos, Lennart.

ive wondered the same thing ,particularly about the germanic tribes in the mod.

i know that the germanic tribes despite there somewhat unfortunate iron poor starting point ended up adopting ideas and progressing very quickly, and if this would be shown in their technology tree, perhaps depending on their location?

Is it possible that traits of governers can affect the buildings available for construction in a province? This might be useful in the condititons described in the post above.

For the glory of Rome