Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

  1. #1
    Bosna Member PittBull260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Ok U Know how when the King is controlling the army, it doesnt matter what his rank is, I was just wondering If I killed a king in a battle, does the highest general in that army take his place??
    Cause I killed a 2 star king once, and he had like a 6 star general in his army, I duno if that general took over the army after the king dies, so what happens??

  2. #2
    Member Member Azi Tohak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Smallville USA.
    Posts
    971

    Default Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    So long as the 6-star survives, he will take over after the battle. However, during the battle, I think the enemy army loses any bonuses, as well as taking a heckuva morale hit. I like killing or capturing. Makes the enemy army a giant target.

    Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

  3. #3
    Bosna Member PittBull260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak
    So long as the 6-star survives, he will take over after the battle. However, during the battle, I think the enemy army loses any bonuses, as well as taking a heckuva morale hit. I like killing or capturing. Makes the enemy army a giant target.

    Azi
    ooo ok, thx :)

  4. #4

    Default Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    The king is always in charge in a battle? I know the princes are not automatically, if there is a higher ranking general, and be he a commander of peasants, he┤ll be in charge, making the princes a nice heavy cavalry.

  5. #5
    Mafia Hunter Member Kommodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a top-secret lab planning world domination
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    The king is always in charge in a battle? I know the princes are not automatically, if there is a higher ranking general, and be he a commander of peasants, he┤ll be in charge, making the princes a nice heavy cavalry.
    If the king is present with the army, he is always in charge in battle, even if there is a higher-ranking general present as well.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

  6. #6
    Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lightbulb Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Quote Originally Posted by PittBull260
    Ok U Know how when the King is controlling the army, it doesnt matter what his rank is, I was just wondering If I killed a king in a battle, does the highest general in that army take his place??
    Cause I killed a 2 star king once, and he had like a 6 star general in his army, I duno if that general took over the army after the king dies, so what happens??
    CA confirmed some time ago that there is no such thing as a second-in-command in battle. If the general dies, the army immediatly loses its valour bonus derrived from the general's command stars, as well as incuring a morale penalty. However, the V&V's of the dead general do continue to have effect, so if a cowardly general dies, the men still have a morale penalty for this.

    As soon as the battle is over, the 6* general would be in command, but during the battle the army does not gain any command-related bonusses.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

  7. #7
    Member Member Azi Tohak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Smallville USA.
    Posts
    971

    Default Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    CA confirmed some time ago that there is no such thing as a second-in-command in battle. If the general dies, the army immediatly loses its valour bonus derrived from the general's command stars, as well as incuring a morale penalty. However, the V&V's of the dead general do continue to have effect, so if a cowardly general dies, the men still have a morale penalty for this.

    As soon as the battle is over, the 6* general would be in command, but during the battle the army does not gain any command-related bonusses.
    I thought I had seen that, thanks Ludens. But the V&Vs are still in effect huh? Even the good ones (for them that is, like +X to morale)? Humm...

    Thanks mate

    Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

  8. #8
    Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lightbulb Re: when U kill a king in battle, wat happens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak
    But the V&Vs are still in effect huh? Even the good ones (for them that is, like +X to morale)?
    Yes, Longjohn implied they were. His exact words words, as I recall them, where that some V&V's still have effect after the general's death. I assume that these are the V&V's relating to morale and valour, but not the command-related ones. I may be able to dig up that old post, but it quite a while since I last posted about it.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO