Thread: briton tech tree and druids

Default briton tech tree and druids

hi chaps

my first post so be nice:)

im playing as the britons in rtw but i can't seem to recruit any more druids and don't have any apart from the single unit i started with. is it possible to recruit any more? i'm at the top of my tech tree i believe so i can't figure it out
    Ruadh gu brath!

"Red heads forever!"

Default Sv: briton tech tree and druids

You need to build a certain temple to get access to them.
    Check your building tree to see which temple you need.

Default Re: briton tech tree and druids

It's the temple that gives the public health bonus, Britannia IIRC. You get Druids at level 3.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

hmm ill have a look see
    cheers
    Ruadh gu brath!

"Red heads forever!"

hmm
    im at level 3 in all settlements and none of the buildings show the ability to recruit druids. i don't know if the britons can progress beyond level 3 as there's no next level population figure. i have built all the buildings in the city at level 3 so i don't know what else to do:(
    Ruadh gu brath!

"Red heads forever!"

It's one of the Sacred Groves. You need to start by building the correct shrine, and then upgrade that until you get the Sacred Grove, and then you will get your Druids.

Good Luck With Britannia, check the thread in RTW Guides if you need any tips/hints/strategies etc.

Welcome to the Guild

Default Sv: Re: briton tech tree and druids

If you are using a mod then it is possible that the mod has removed the druids so you can't build them.
    It is pretty common I'm afraid.

i'm not using any mods and i can't see how i can upgrade any more:(

those missile chariots rule the game- im taking on roman armies more than twice the size of mine and winning with minor casualties. maybe the AI isn't so good:)
    Ruadh gu brath!

"Red heads forever!"

you have to build a sacred circle to brigantia i think.

Yes, at the most basic settlement level you are given a choice. Most factions worship three different gods. Some such as the Egyptians have more, some like the Parthians only have one. The Britons however, which concerns you, have three gods to pick from.

However, each settlement can only have ONE Shrine/Sacred Grove/Sacred Circle. So when you decide to build a Shrine to Brigantia for instance, the option of building temples to Brittania and Andrasta dissapear for that settlement. The buildings you need for Druids is the Brigantia line of temples. So if you've been building temples to Brittania and/or Andrasta you won't be able to build druids.

You need to destroy one or more of your temples to Brittania or Andrasta and build the Shrine to Brigantia. From there you can upgrade it accordingly and get your Druids.

So you see, each temple provides different bonuses. So as you build you'll need to decide which is the most appropriate for each settlement. If the city is a trading center, you'll want temples to Britannia, since they provide a trading bonus. If it's a troop production center, you'll want Andrasta since that temple gives an experience bonus and provides access to the Woad Warrior and Head Hurler units. Brigantia will work best for those provinces where you just want to keep the people happy since it offers a larger public order bonus than the others. And as you just found out you'll also want at least one, so you can build Druids.
    Last edited by SMZ; 08-25-2005 at 21:19.
    Drink water.