Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Alternate History: Michael's Crucible

Default Re: Alternate History: Michael's Crucible

I don't like waiting around either, but number 1 it is.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Ahh...is this thread dead or what? The story's just really started--the Fatimid campaign is just beginning. We haven't even had a real battle yet!

*waits with patience*

I think Vykke got his hands on BI... so now he can live out his dreams!

(Well... sort of...)

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak
    I think Vykke got his hands on BI... so now he can live out his dreams!

(Well... sort of...)

Azi
    Thing often come in the way, be it BI, work, homework, stress, loss of inspiration... I have suffered all of the above at some point in my series.

Just be confident that Vykke will come back. He will notice how many posts that have been made to the last choice so I doubt he has just given it up.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Thing often come in the way, be it BI, work, homework, stress, loss of inspiration... I have suffered all of the above at some point in my series.

Just be confident that Vykke will come back. He will notice how many posts that have been made to the last choice so I doubt he has just given it up.
    I've been following both series with great interest, and am more than eager to see the next developments in both, but 100% with you guys that real life can take priority.
    Non me rogare, loquare non lingua latinus

Thanks for the show of support, guys. As much as I'd like to claim BI as my excuse, it's mostly writing-fatigue that's been holding me back. This thread is fun, but I didn't realize how much work it would be!

Still, I haven't given up, and I think I've just about got my wind back. With luck I should have another post out there in the next couple days.
    "All philosophy lies in two words, sustain and abstain."
    ~Epictitus

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Alternate History: Michael's Crucible

Quote Originally Posted by Vykke
    Thanks for the show of support, guys. As much as I'd like to claim BI as my excuse, it's mostly writing-fatigue that's been holding me back. This thread is fun, but I didn't realize how much work it would be!

Still, I haven't given up, and I think I've just about got my wind back. With luck I should have another post out there in the next couple days.
    Take you time, Vykke. I have enjoyed reading this because it is quality writing, and I don't want that quality to drop because you are writing against your will. But please, do continue.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Fine! I see how it is! You just don't love us anymore!

I can't blame you. I can't right much at a time, especially over something that I mainly have to make up, without taking a nice break every now and then.

Back to BI!

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Yes! This story isn't dead! Hooray!
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Maybe I spoke too soon?
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Well, I've finally caught up with this one, now that Kraxis' battle of Kursk is over (I had already read some of it earlier). In the current decision, #1 looks like the correct choice, for the same reasons other have mentioned. In addition, once we've cleared the sea of the Fatamid navy, we will have a choice to land at Alexandria or Damietta. Which one will we choose? The Egyptians don't know. If they strongly fortify one, we just go for the other.

Vykke, if you want to reduce your workload on this thread, maybe the thing to do is to limit the amount of choice the participants have a little. If you give people too many choices at too many points in the story, it can branch out wildly - I never would have thought that a combined Turkish/Roman invasion of Egypt would be the result of our negotiations with Arslan. This sort of thing is fun, but it means a lot of writing for you.

Just my humble opinion, though. Do whatever you want!
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

It is my sad duty to let the story slide... It is greatly told and it is a most inspiring style, but Vykke hadn't posted for months. We have to assume it is dead.

It is time to make room for more lively threads.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567