Poll: Which faction do you think will be the most enjoyable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infopage and a small poll

Default Re: Infopage and a small poll

ALL HAIL RAND
    how many posts do i need to make until i can vote
    Make Beer Not War

10 I think it is. Just don't spam them;)
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

message to Mydraal:
    what about the WoT webpage? the link in ure signature always displays a bad request page from ure host.:(

nice infopage tho ... actualy quite informative :)

greetz

HahnHolio
    In the beginning there was nothing.
    so god said:'let there be light'.
    and there was still nothing,
    but you could see better." style="float:left;margin:0 10px 0 0;" />

Nope can’t vote yet (14 posts)
    Would someone mind putting one on Andor for me
    Make Beer Not War

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Done

Emperor of Seanchan Member DragonR.'s Avatar

Why does everyone vote for Aiel? All they have is infantry, and start with a few poor teritories....

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
    Once for mourning, once for birth.
    Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
    In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the shadow.

Child of the Light Member GreyHuntr's Avatar

I guess it's because they win.
    "The Children have authority where there is Light. Where the Light is not, we bring it!"

It could be that.....

Aiel have no class, primitive savages that they be. Walk in the Light and all will fall before you. Now if only there was a way to make it so that non of the other sides had channelers....

Aiel. They dont need horses or swords. They dance the spears and kick the crap out of those soft Wetlanders.

My only gripe is that we dont get to use Maidens as units in battle, only as spies. They dance the spears as well as any Aielman.

I like them, too, in the books, but there aren't many tactics you can use with just infantry, most of my tactics use a good amount of cavalry...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattan
    Aiel. They dont need horses or swords. They dance the spears and kick the crap out of those soft Wetlanders.

My only gripe is that we dont get to use Maidens as units in battle, only as spies. They dance the spears as well as any Aielman.

eh??? no maidens?? ...c'mon you cant have the aiel without maidens in the thick of it..

WoT fanatic Member 4th Dimension's Avatar

Well there are maidens in Rand's faction but not in normal Aiel faction.

Do you all realise that you won't be able to field huge armies with Aiel and that your income will be low. Not to mention that if I remmeber corectly you won't be able to train no Aiel outside waste.

thats cool thanks for clearing that up 4th....i was a bit bummed there a moment thinkin there would be none

Well, I can't vote yet, but if someone would vote for the Dragonsworn, I'd appreciate it. I mean, the mix of aiel, with the Band of the Red Hand? Plus they have Ashaman? And Two Rivers longbows? what else can you ask for?
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

No Ptd don't have Two River's archers. TRA are special unit of Andor.
    Here are the People of the Dragon (PTD) units:
    Red Shields (Light Infantry)
    Thunder Walkers (Medium Infantry)
    True Bloods (Heavy Infantry)

Maidens of the Spear(Heavy Scouts)
    Water Seekers (Scouts)

Dawn Runners (Light Skirmishers)
    Mountain Dancers (Heavy Skirmishers)

Black Eyes (Archers)
    Brothers of the Eagle (Heavy Archers)

Night Spears (Close Combat Night unit)

Stone Dogs (Heavy Defenders)

Wise Ones

Asha'man Guards(Generals unit)
    Asha'man
    Dedicated
    Soldiers

Legion of the Dragon

Band of the Red Hand Cavalry
    Band of the Red Hand Pikes
    Band of the Red Hand Bowmen

Sea Folk Ships

Saldean Light Lancers

Defenders of the Stone (Mounted and Dismounted)
    Tairen Heavy Horse
    Godan Cavalry
    Maredo Cavalry
    Tairen Horse Archers
    Tairen Lancers

Ballistas

What about Band of the Red Hand crossbowmen?

"No Ptd don't have Two River's archers. TRA are special unit of Andor"
    4th Dimension

Well, isn't Perrin a follower of Rand, i.e. a Ptd? As the Two Rivers haven't be ruled in fact by Andor for centuries, doesn't it seem weird to have them suddenly joining the army?
    IMO, they would work better as a mercenary unit in certain provinces (the Two Rivers), and/or in the Ptd army. Obviously, this is just my 2 cents, and is probably worth less than that, but it seems odd to give Andor TRA just because they are technically Andorans. But I guess it all depends on where Perrin ends up, as they follow him.

Clovis
    "Forward, the Light Brigade!"
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldier knew
    Someone had blunder'd:
    Their's not to make reply,
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

I agree with the above. I think it would be weird for the two rivers men to fight for Andor. I dont think they would use them anyway as the longbowman arn't professional soldiers and wouldn't leave their farms because Andor gave them the call.

thanks Myrddraal
    Make Beer Not War

I think TR archers can be trained by anyone who owns the Two Rivers and only in Two Rivers, kind of like spartans who could be trained only in Sparta and Syracuse(sp?), only that Spartans could be trained only by Greeks, and TR archers will be by anyone...

I know this will make me soud like a blasphemer, but I dont want to see the aiel as a playable faction for the reason that they SHOULD be unbalanced. So good that driving them out of thier hole will be a challenge... but make them passive. For some odd reason, Aiel make me think of Fremen, and when I think of fremen, I think of 12 years of pangalactic warfare that was pretty damn one sided... even the trollocs call the waste it the dying land. the way I see it, Aiel should be SO good that none of us should be able to use them... (more on this later.)

That said, how many conquorable territories will there be? 120? more, less? To me, the more the better, even if you have to stoop to making them up. Maybe someone could convince jordan himself to make some up (far flung I know.)

Aiel will have the best troops (foot) but their economy will suck, and once they claim the wetlands, they will have to rely to reinforcments from the waste because they will not be able to train their troops anywhere except in waste.

For me Aiel would be more balynced in first part if thy would be dividet onto clans who are fighting each other.

Personally I think the Aiel should be really powerful, low cost to recruit men. They also shouldnt have a crappy income due to their trade with the unknown east. As it really comes also Aiel are obviously beatable. Look at all of the battles in the books between wetlanders and aiel. Yes you could say the Aiel war where it took like every nation to beat them but here are some examples to why I think they are not as tough as thought.

Stone of Tear: it says over and over again how the Aiel took the stone, yet they really didn't. They managed to infilitrate it and most likely took key positions and caught the Tairens off guard but they didnt completely take the stone! After Rand drew the sword they simply stopped fighting, the defenders at that point were starting to show up in large numbers and better prepared than the first men the aiel faced. Personally I dont believe they would've taken it, the Tairens knew the stone better and would've used the knowledge of the fortress to their advantage however long the battle drew out.

Siege of Cairhenin: As far as numbers go for this fight it numbered some 100k for Couladin, 200k for Rand and another 40k at the most within the city most likely less. In this fight which the wetlanders again were not quite prepared they still managed to hold the Aiel out of the city even being vastly outnumbered. Couladin knew Rand was coming behind him and knew his only chance was to take the city asap, yet the wetlanders held out.

It is simple to compare the two, Aiel are so dangerous because of their constant warfare among one another. Full grown Aiel warriors have plenty of pratice at their trade. Southern wetlander nations do fight sometimes, but the standard soldier has far less fighting expierence than an aiel warrior. Even so the wetlanders have many advantages over the aiel. Wetlanders often fight from horseback, horses when used correctly (unlike how some of the retarded Cairhenin and Tairen lords fight...) give huge advantage over the aiel . You could say the Aiel fight with spears, but Aiel spears are short unlike their wetlander counterparts. Wetlanders have use of crossbows, which definately show unarmored aiel no mercy. To add to that Aiel disdain all armor except a small buckler it mentions that most wetland men in the books wear some sort of armor. Also proven by Mat, fighting the Aiel in an open field instead of a siege situation gives chance to pikemen to show their colors. The aiel have a hard time closing with the pikemen which makes them resort to using shortbows instead of their skill fighting with the spear.

Sorry this is a long post just it bothers me to see aiel have a godly like credit, they may have better morale and stamina than other troops but as far as skill valour comes they are easily matched by borderland nations and even a well led southron army could defeat the aiel.

PS. Great to see the unit list that I wrote what seems like years ago still in effect for this mod! Well with few changes but still my small contribution to the mod.

I agree, cavalry is of much more help if used the way they're supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by CrownOfSwords
    Personally I think the Aiel should be really powerful, low cost to recruit men. They also shouldnt have a crappy income due to their trade with the unknown east. As it really comes also Aiel are obviously beatable. Look at all of the battles in the books between wetlanders and aiel. Yes you could say the Aiel war where it took like every nation to beat them but here are some examples to why I think they are not as tough as thought.
    They was never beaten though, they drew back when they were satisfied... But I agree with you, low cost to recruit and upkeep but we will have otherways to balance it. Longer training, and remeber they have no taxes. Will be some modifications with the amount gained from looting and so on.
    Stone of Tear: it says over and over again how the Aiel took the stone, yet they really didn't. They managed to infilitrate it and most likely took key positions and caught the Tairens off guard but they didnt completely take the stone! After Rand drew the sword they simply stopped fighting, the defenders at that point were starting to show up in large numbers and better prepared than the first men the aiel faced. Personally I dont believe they would've taken it, the Tairens knew the stone better and would've used the knowledge of the fortress to their advantage however long the battle drew out.
    They never took it, but I think it i said that they delaed ten times the causalties they took. They are a lot more skilled then any wetlander soldier you can see, except the borderlanders and warders, and with the advantage of surprise they can do a lot fast.
    Siege of Cairhenin: As far as numbers go for this fight it numbered some 100k for Couladin, 200k for Rand and another 40k at the most within the city most likely less. In this fight which the wetlanders again were not quite prepared they still managed to hold the Aiel out of the city even being vastly outnumbered. Couladin knew Rand was coming behind him and knew his only chance was to take the city asap, yet the wetlanders held out.
    The difference here is that the shaido were, and still is, a bit mentaly broken with there breaking of ji'e'toh, and Coualdin didn't have the strategical knowledge that the other clan chiefs has, and he was a bit too hot headed.
    It is simple to compare the two, Aiel are so dangerous because of their constant warfare among one another. Full grown Aiel warriors have plenty of pratice at their trade. Southern wetlander nations do fight sometimes, but the standard soldier has far less fighting expierence than an aiel warrior. Even so the wetlanders have many advantages over the aiel. Wetlanders often fight from horseback, horses when used correctly (unlike how some of the retarded Cairhenin and Tairen lords fight...) give huge advantage over the aiel . You could say the Aiel fight with spears, but Aiel spears are short unlike their wetlander counterparts. Wetlanders have use of crossbows, which definately show unarmored aiel no mercy. To add to that Aiel disdain all armor except a small buckler it mentions that most wetland men in the books wear some sort of armor. Also proven by Mat, fighting the Aiel in an open field instead of a siege situation gives chance to pikemen to show their colors. The aiel have a hard time closing with the pikemen which makes them resort to using shortbows instead of their skill fighting with the spear.
    Problem is, when they take up there shortbow they are as dangerous as with the spear, since there composite bows can deal a lot of damage against armoured soldiers. Also, we se that the aiel know how to fight people on horseback (the shaido maidens fight down the same number of Seanchan soldiers, who are among the best non-aiel troops, on horseback). If they use there greater ability to move, they are at least equal with the men fighting on horseback. But you are correct that if you use the right tactics, you can match them, but I ahve a feeling it is a bit like fighting trollocs, you want to outnumber them at least 2 to 1.

Sorry this is a long post just it bothers me to see aiel have a godly like credit, they may have better morale and stamina than other troops but as far as skill valour comes they are easily matched by borderland nations and even a well led southron army could defeat the aiel.
    I wouldn't say easily matched, the borderlanders can not blend in in the same way but they match them in head to head combat. And for a equaly numbered southern army to defeat them, you need a good commander. They are superb soldier, just look at when Mat was ambushed in the middle of the Band, he fought them for only a few seconds and took many wounds, and he lost more then the double number of his soldiers, and many were injured.
    PS. Great to see the unit list that I wrote what seems like years ago still in effect for this mod! Well with few changes but still my small contribution to the mod.
    Well, it's a really good list:)
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

I would vote Nae'blis Ishamael/Mordin is my fav character from the books. The forsaken rule :).

By the way when does this thing or a demo come out?
    You can have her back, Kinslayer. The Great Lord of the Dark can make her live again, if you will serve him. If you will serve me.
    -Ishamael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12