Thread: The dog\'s life of an emissary

It happens to me very often:

I send an emissary to deal an alliance with a neutral Daimyo. After my other movements, I end the season. Next one, armies of that clan invade one of my provinces. I have to defend my territory, isn't it? But it doesn't matter if I win or lose, my emissary's head is sent to me on a tray.
    Poor emissary, he went to make peace and back in pieces! I am seriously insulted also!
    Nothing to do to save his life and save my honour?
    Sometimes he has to run the half of Japan behind an elusive Daimyo... to find death!!!

[This message has been edited by Kokueater (edited 02-02-2001).]

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

...that's what ninjas and geishas are for.

of course it doesn't really help the poor emissary at the time of his beheading, but you can make that Daimyo quake in his digital boots by killing his heirs before making your move on his lands

Poor emisaries. Mine tend to get killed while lounging in the comfort of my Daimyos castle. Where else would a highly successful (alliances with everybody but who I'm warring against right now) reside but in the company of the Daimyo he has helped put in power, and keep in place. And, more importantly, who would assasinate him while he stays at home, doing nothing but getting fat and rude?

You lot must be doing something really nasty to piss off a neutral Diamyo enough to top your Emissary.

Personally, I've never lost a single emissary this way.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis