Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BI Extra Hordes and Unlocked Factions Mod'

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Default Re: BI Extra Hordes and Unlocked Factions Mod'

I've downloaded 1.3 but will wait for a "final version" to mess with install upon my game. Keep up the good work.

Good luck chasing those BMX riding rabbits.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

I bit the bullet and installed your mod over bug fixer two minutes ago. Now let the fun begin.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

I ran into a weird bug when playing the Romano-Britons. I want to paganize my faction so I bribe one of the celtic FMs (appearantly the only way to get a pagan FM for myself. All the marriage proposals I get are dirty christians ). Then I set him to be the faction heir and kill off my faction leader. But this somehow f**ks up the game as my family tree changes to the celt faction's tree:

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Lol. I wonder if it is an isolated incident referring just to the Romano-British, a freak one-off, or something more serious. I'm sure I've heard of this kind of thing happening pre-BI.

If this happens whenever the faction adopts certain people to be the faction heir/leader, I suppose you could edit the descr_strat.txt file that contains the Romano-British campaign and replace all their characters that start with Christian traits with Pagan traits (just a case of replacing the word 'Christian' with 'Pagan' for each of their family members as far as I recall). At least that way you wouldn't need to adopt those smelly barbarians just to get a Pagan leader.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Nice to see a mod which is do not change the main map by adding cities. Well, it will be a tought job to integrate it with my changes made to the game :)

This is by far the best mod out there for BI. Instead of bloating the map, the MOD concentrates on adding hording ability for those barb factions that need it. This makes the game far more challenging.

Good job!
    When you decide that servicing your core niche is no longer important, you might as well put a gun to your corporate temple. - Red Harvest -

Crivvens! Someone I've not had to bribe to say that either. Cheers very much.

Actually I think this mod needs updating slightly for v1.6. My BI folders are in a bit of a mess at the mo so it'll be a little while yet before I sort things out.

Can you add the horde feature for the berbers? They are pretty weak and easy to eliminate. A horde threat will discourage the Romans from wiping them out.
    When you decide that servicing your core niche is no longer important, you might as well put a gun to your corporate temple. - Red Harvest -

That's possible I suppose. I've briefly thought about adding horde abilities to the other factions before, but decided I'd stick with having it a barbarian feature only. Now the mod is a bit older, I might consider adding a few hording berbers. The poor Romans.

Does it work for BI 1.6?
    offline, i don't know how to play online - Some Random n00b. Maybe he was registered here.

looks great just downloaded it

I think there are one or two minor issues with the mod and the 1.6 patch. Because my own version of the game is now so heavily modified, I can't quite remember what actually has changed.

However, I am thinking there is an issue with Barbarian Chosen archers. For the patch, CA changed the textures to be in the style of the old RTW ones, but never updated the file that contains texture and model information so you end up with an odd looking unit.

The fix is simple enough.

Open up the descr_model_battle.txt file located in your main rtw folder\bi\data folder. Find the entry: chosen_archer

Change the Model_flexi lines to this:

Code:
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_100.cas, 40
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_barb_chosen_archers_70.cas, max
    They fixed a few other model issues as well, but the changes aren't reflected in the mod, although they're only really minor cosmetic ones I believe.

It's also worth noting that when the mod was originally released, it fixed numerous bugs and minor issues that were found in the game, which Player1 and his bug-fix mod also had fixes for. The two mods were very much compatible. However, his bug-fixer mod has since gone on to do much more stuff, some of which is more of a personal choice than necessities in my opinion, but never the less, if you install his mod (recommended), then mine on top (the only way the two are compatible) some of his suggested fixes will no longer take place. Seeing as I find the game completely fine and playable without those fixes, that shouldn't be a problem. Always backup your BI folders if you're not sure though.

I had meant to get around to fully updating my mod and making more changes and stuff, but never got around to it. As my own copy of BI has many modifications since the mod was launched, perhaps I'll get around to making a final release someday.

Do I have to install any of the versions before 1.3 or are they all inclusive in it?

I forgot to mention, I have the RTW gold pack, which is RTW and BI. Also, I installed Europa Barbarorum for RTW so will that be a problem? Do I put the data folder into the RTW folder or the BI folder( which is inside the RTW folder )?

Hey guys, i just registered here and im very new to the forums...but ive been playing the game for awhile....i got to this thread via link and i quickly registered and came back bcause i dont know where else to post. Its an awesome mod! but nothing shows up on the provincial campaign...and when i just click the arrow i get a CTD. I would also like to know more abt the multiplayer campaign as i am very interested in it :P thanx guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander IV Aegus View Post
    I forgot to mention, I have the RTW gold pack, which is RTW and BI. Also, I installed Europa Barbarorum for RTW so will that be a problem? Do I put the data folder into the RTW folder or the BI folder( which is inside the RTW folder )?
    I too wish to know that. I mean it, I really don't want to mess up my game over a misunderstanding. If, only the guy would reply... its been a yr lol

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

This is just an educated guess, so make a back-up first.

EB is placed in it's own folder, and doesn't use anything outside of it. Don't worry 'bout it.

As for this one, a quick look at the .rar tells me that you install it into /whatever/whatever/rome total war gold/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Crikey, people still finding my mod?

Unfortunately I no longer support it. It would benefit from an update, which I had planned to do several times over the past couple of years, including up to a few months back, but since then my circumstances have changed. I'm not really in a mood to play games or anything at the mo so can't really offer any more help with this.

The mod basically needs to be installed into your BI folder, eg: c:\games\rome total war\bi

There are additional instructions needed to get the Romano-British campaign working. They are contained within the readme file that comes with the mod. The mod should be played with an unedited version of BI.

Hey man the mod looks cool but it wont let me play as the romano british. The provinchal campain wont work no icons at all

Ok I tryed to put the romano onto the main campain because i did what you told me to do in the instructions and they still wont work I have no icons for anythig at all please help me I love the romano british but it wont let me play as them.

EDIT: Just saw this was unsupported, nevermind.
    Last edited by Pofdis; 08-29-2014 at 20:55.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123