Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ran No Jidai:(Mod for RTW) Screenshots

Default Re: Ran No Jidai:(Mod for RTW) Screenshots

Question of feelings I guess... Some peoples like them, some not... But as I'm close to finish them (around 750 cards), it's a bit too late to change them
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Now it's clearly too late to change them... As I just finished them ! 979 units cards . Here's a small family portrait !

Last edited by Seijitai; 08-21-2007 at 07:45.

Member Member Akeichi Mitsuhide's Avatar

Looks very nice mate.
    I think that Nobunaga never wanted to be at Hounnoiji

Thanks mate ! It was a loooong job !

Excellent job! 979? You had an unenviable task my friend!
    "He who throws his shield away, lives to fight another day!"

Hello

Just thought that this was place to put this post rather the start a "this looks brilliant" thread.

Looks great, it was my favourite TW game, very much looking forward to it.

Thank you for your hard work.

Thank you very much !

indeed a fine and awesome job
    Better to rule in Hell / Then to serve in Heaven

Great job. Can't wait for this mod to be finished.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

The unit cards look nice, but if they are that small (and with the bright red background), it might be hard to recognise, unless of course I spend plenty of time 'studying' them while playing the mod.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aimlesswanderer
    The unit cards look nice, but if they are that small (and with the bright red background), it might be hard to recognise, unless of course I spend plenty of time 'studying' them while playing the mod.
    the practice of martial arts need a lot of patience
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Boss!!!!

Ya Misr!

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

long time no see a screenshot
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Very True, too long no screens, so now I'm fed up and I'll post some stuff dammit

Nobody likes a Spartan Wannabe:

Well at least the pose looks nice?

Official Stuff: In no way does this represent the RNJ mod, its just some fun poses I made

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet Member Xiahou Liao's Avatar

Someone let me know when this mod is done...until it is finished I'm not playing RTW. :)
    " I don't believe in fairy tales and no one wants to go to hell, you've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see. Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us you're welcome to the city where your future is set forever. "

The Beast and the Harlot,
    Avenged Sevenfold

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Go get EB.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

nice unit cards...i'd love to see this released!

and yeah, go play EB, at least until RNJ comes out!
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Default Re: Shogun: Total War (Mod for RTW)

Whew lotsa stuff in this thread. Still so much to sift through, but I got bogged down in the whole which sword is better argument. I am not going to add fuel to that fire, but just remember that in Japan the sword was the most basic weapon of warfare, and in many cases a last resort weapon. Samurai were originally known for their skill in horsemenship, archery, and most especially horse back archery. Thus comparing japanese to european swords is almost pointless. Katanas were practically archer daggers in Japan whereas Claymore's and the like were the primary weapons of their wielders

O wow this thread is completely blowing my mind... and

Quote Originally Posted by Attaaaaaaaaaack
    well i guess it would be stupid NOT to have a ninja as the assassination unit, and to have him dressed like that, but it was always my understanding that the "ninja suit" is a myth perpetrated by kabuki theatre, and that there is nothing to suggest they engaged in assassination missions.

although if they were successful no one would know.....

uesegi kenshin is rumoured to have been killed by an assassin's blade thrust up from beneath him as he was using the toilet.
    Attack you are the first one, outside of my dojo, that I have ever heard say that and I thank you for that soo much. You are correct, ninja were not assassins. If they were every involved in assassination missions (unlikely but possible), the enemy would never die by their hands but rather by the hands of a contract killer employed by the ninja.

However, it is nearly impossible to dispell nearly two centuries of international hype, supported by thousands of movies, dramatizations, stories, and urban legends. So I don't mind RNJ using Ninja's as assassins. Although if you really, really wanted to earn awesome points with me, all you have to do is change the name of the unit to something non-ninjaish. Afterall, the real hired killers did appear and operate much like ninja's did, just with completely different goals

Quote Originally Posted by HKagemusha
    So I don't mind RNJ using Ninja's as assassins. Although if you really, really wanted to earn awesome points with me, all you have to do is change the name of the unit to something non-ninjaish. Afterall, the real hired killers did appear and operate much like ninja's did, just with completely different goals
    It's a stratmap unit, used to "represent" an assassin, so when you look at the map, you know what character is what, a captain, a general, a spy or an assassin ; I guess a ninja, even if cliché, is better then RTW's ugly dude with a club.... All will hopefully agree!

Good to see you around, but try the EDIT button, on the bottom right of your messages, instead of permanent double/triple posting.
    Last edited by Taneda Santôka; 03-14-2008 at 08:22.

Actually, I don't have an edit button yet, which is why I've been forced to double/triple post =/ I'm not sure why they designed the forums this way but apparently I have to be promoted to edit, and the promotions don't come automatically as far as I can tell

Master of Pie! Member thebigbossnahhh's Avatar

Chips! Glorious Chips! MmmMmm! Fluffy!

nice :)
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

please bring back my kensai!!!! PLZ!!!!!

I REALLY MISS THOSE GUYS...
    the ones that appear to be as tall as a horse in the original game!
    16 of those guys can rout an entire stack... AHHHH....
    pleasE? if you do, i'll kiss your name everytime i play your mod....promise!
    when you see the enemy in thousands, prepare to massacre.
    but when you see only 16 samurais, retreat, run and hide... [ A mongol general briefing his commanders ]
    damn i really miss my kensai.....

Time for some screenshots... And time to see the Teppo units in action !

Takeda Teppo samurais firing...

And the result of Teppo Samurais covered by Yumi Samurais... Not a single blow was received from Mogami Ahigarus... But they indeed received a lot...

I hope you enjoyed ! Stay tuned for more screenshots soon...

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

This mod looks amazing. I'll definitely try it once it's released!

hi guys its unbelivible that i only heard of the mod today.^^ iam a big fan of the good old S:TW like many other people here too and at the moment i saw the first picture of your mod guys, i could barley behave myself seriously: for me the whole team of RNJ are truly gods and when this game is done i will build a temple for you guys^^ its so facinating that you work so hard on this mod in your free time that i can barley put my feelings in words, so keep it up and dont withdraw! :D you guys came so far and gl for the fortune

peace

Haha thanks Der Schulz,

I guess you have a lot of threads to go through to find out everything about the mod then :)

hey wundai im not sure but are you guys done with the sound? otherwise i have the one or other song on my pc of the good ol shogun^^
    peace

Nah we're not quite done with music, but at this moment we already have a member on it.

Garve is making his own Japanese Themed music to help us with the music for our mod, that combined with ShogunTW tracks will be the music for our mod, so yes we already had the Shogun tracks. But thanks for the offer :)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast