Thread: Multiple clans invading a province at a time

Playing an expert SP campaign as Hojo I invaded an Oda province. I had an alliance with Imagawa, who also invaded the province. Their troops were standing up on a hill, just looking at the battle. After Oda's defeat I was waiting for the casualties display, but it was not showed. No soldiers left behind. What happened? Then I charged my troops to Imagawa's. They fleed very quickly after some killings and the battle was over. Surprisingly I still was allied with Imagawa the following seasons.
    Any suggestions/advices for multiple clans battles?

I've only been in one, and I just backed off and let the AI waste their forces. Didn't have a problem at all. Even got control of the province afterwards.

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Yeah...what Heims said The trick was getting the AI to attack my allies men and not mine...took some clever manuevering on my part in Shinano.
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

I've had this same problem from time to time. I have successfully had an ally help me fight. On a bridge province this was great. I wasted half the men taking it.

However I had the problem you stated once too. where my ally just sat there and did nothing and the battle wouldn't end. kinda sucks. And I think If you attack them on the battlefield that the alliance should be broken. Just another little bug I guess.

------------------
    Lanza
    Shogun Totalwar Hints and Strategies
    www.geocities.com/totalwarshogun
    Please feel free to stop by and contribute your strategies...
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
    Lanza
    Shogun Totalwar Hints and Strategies
    www.geocities.com/totalwarshogun
    Please feel free to stop by and contribute your strategies...
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

I’m curious about how it is decided who get the province afterwards, I’ve had these battles awarded for me and against me. Is it men left at the end? Honour gained? Men killed? Better general?

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

It's simpler than that, John. I've invaded with an ally and the foe retreated. Ally got the province, no battles at all. Must be rank cuz my numbers were greater.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

I have never attacked a province and gotten help from my ally but I have been attack by two different clan. I attacked Hojo in Bizen(i was Shimazu) and Oda also invaded that province from Harima. I just watch Oda beat Hojo and mopped up Oda once Hojo routed
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net

I've only had one occassion to be on the field with my ally. I saved the game, considering how rarely this happens, and automatically resolved the battle (it was a boring river province).
    Shimazu, my ally got the province even though I had the superior army. I loaded the game again to watch the event, and observed Shimazu leading the assault across the bridge and eventually routing Imagawa. My fellows were free to just stand there if I wanted. Weeeelllll, this is when I got a little evil... Mwahhh haa haaa!... My Shinobi's had informed me prior to the assault that Shimazu was planning a major attack on my forces. This was all the rationalization I needed to execute a most dishonorable, yet excrutiatingly entertaining act of betrayal.
    While his forces were massing at the bridge to chase down the fleeing Imagawan troops, I sent my boys in to maul him from the back. I did my best Ren impersonation and exclaimed as I rolled up my newspaper for a painful swat: "Betray me will you, you eeeeeediot, Do you know who you're dealing with?!!" while watching Imagawan AND Shimazu troops hightailing it for the horizon!
    He he, I love this game!

Weird. I'm in only my first campaign but I've had this happen several times. After the first couple I sit back for a while and let my ally start the battle. Then, when he's engaged the enemy troops HTH I send all my best troops in at a rush which gets the opposition running.

I've always got the province.

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

The few times I've had an ally enter a province at the same time as me have been odd. Every time the outnumbered enemy have retreated from the fight, refusing the battle. But the tactical battle still starts up, with just me and me ally deployed. If I exit then he gets the province. So we havefight and the winner gets the province. Now that is an odd way for allies to behave! But the oddest thing is that after the battle with hundreds dead on both sides we are still allies!

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"