Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    BUG-FIXER v2.01 is relased.
    Sounds good - do you need to update the link (the first post seems still linked to v2.00)?

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

It seems linked to 2.03 for me.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Whilst you're bug-fixing and what not, you might want a look at the descr_model_battle.txt file that comes with the new 1.3 patch for RTW. I'm sure when I was trying to convert my RTW mod to the new format, that I noticed there were a few inconsistancies with some skeletons. If I recall correctly, most phalanx units use the new fs_slow_spearman, fs_slow_swordsman skeletons, including Mercenary hoplites, but the normal hoplites, militia hoplites and Nubian spearmen use the usual fs_spearman, fs_swordsman skeletons. I'm not sure if that is intentional. Surely the Mercenary hoplites should at least have the same animations as the regular ones. Not really a biggie though.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

What's the difference from gameplay perspective?

Maybe only difference is in speed of movement (so lightly armored numbians and militia have faster ones)?

And if difference is indeed in speed maybe it's intentional.
    (that's pretty much a battle statistic instead of graphic look)

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    P.S.
    demon rob,
    Look at Introduction section of first post.
    Oops, I read that as being for BI. As long as no one sees this then I don't need to get embarrased. Time to download and give it a try. Thanks.

Version 2.04 released!

New in this version:
    -Made a workaround for broken leg of British Legionaries
    -Additional fixes for several agent creation triggers that make most diplomats and spies to start with one of religious believes

I have noticed what maybe a bug. Sorry if it has been brought up before.

The Numidians can build triremes but not a shipwright to build them from. You have to capture a city with one already built and then you can build them.

This actually adds an interesting element to the game but it would be great to get a shipwright for the Noomies if they should have one.

That could be a design decision.
    For example goths in BI can't even build a ports, but can use existing ones to build boats.

Wow Player1 you are definitely a dedicated player of RTW. Thankyou very much for your efforts.

And yeah I agree with a few posts here, CA hopefully will read this and take note of a few of the more notable 'bugs'.

I really appreciate efforts of guys like yourself Player1, and yeah I agree with the above too, sometimes I feel they make an actual bug fix more of a preference fix in my opinion.

Anyway, excellent work and thanks again :)
    Last edited by SomeNick; 10-20-2005 at 02:33.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out Shogun : Total War Mod for RTW in development! >>> http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=97

Version 2.05 released!

New in this version:
    -Changed Berber cultural designation from Carthaginian to Berber for obvious reasons
    -Fixed battle advisor icon for Berber faction, so it has correct eastern advisor and not roman one
    -Fixed several agent creation triggers related to religious believes (some changes reverted back to original state, to go with developers original design)

Version 2.06 released!

New in this version:
    -Made a workaround for problem with Scholae Palatinae units having morphing faces in attack animations
    -Made a workaround for texture corruption Paladin Bodyguard units have on there left side of chest
    -Fixed a problem with Armored Camel Mercenary units, when lower detail model would be used in place for higher level model and vice versa, so that unit will be less detailed on higher unit graphic settings instead of the other way around

Wow Player1,

I've been busy at work and taking care of elderly family members, so I haven't had much time to play, but I've been taking time to download and install your updates. I can hardly keep up. Thanks for all the hard work..

Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 10-26-2005 at 14:38.

Titletown USA-GreenBay Packers Member Constantinius's Avatar

i downloaded the patch and i did not get to play Roxalani, and dthe other factions, how is that possible?

thanks
    -con
    "It profits a man nothing to gain a lexus but lose his soul" - A.L.

Why doesn't CA hire this guy as a consultant and fix the game before its released?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinius
    i downloaded the patch and i did not get to play Roxalani, and dthe other factions, how is that possible?

thanks
    -con
    Well, probably beause this patch does not claim making such thing.

It fixes bugs, it does add new features (like to play unplayable factions).

From the good side, if you install Borsook's faction unlocker (look at TWC downloads) after the bug-fixer (important!), you will get those factions you like, while still keeping fixes.

I installed both the fixer and the unlocker (for the Romano-British faction Provincial Campaign).

Both are great - nice work.

But - I cant see the option for the battle timer - I hate having a timer and I cant find it in the preferences...

Any help?
    And your heart beats so slow, Through the rain and fallen snow across the fields of mourning to a light that's in the distance.
    Oh, don't sorrow, no don't weep
    For tonight at last I am coming home.
    I am coming home.

Spindly Killer Fish Member ShellShock's Avatar

It's one of the options when you start a new campaign - on the same screen where you select the difficulties and the faction.
    He does sit in gold, his eye red as 'twould burn Rome.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

No it's not. With BI and Provincial campaigns, some of the options disappear on the faction selection screen. What you have to do is start the campaign, then bring up the gameplay menu whilst on the strategy map (typically by pressing Escape). The options to turn off battle timer etc are there somewhere.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Yea they tend to disappear - I kinda forgot about pressing escape while in battle :P

Stumbled on it by accident.
    And your heart beats so slow, Through the rain and fallen snow across the fields of mourning to a light that's in the distance.
    Oh, don't sorrow, no don't weep
    For tonight at last I am coming home.
    I am coming home.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Player1,

I am please to say that your work is so detailed that in 10 years of gaming this is the absolute first time I have considered using an "unofficial" Patch with any game.

Excellent work and I hope a CA Manager see this and picks you up on a contract basis for future work.

Cheers

Is it safe to install patch 1.06 over this unofficial patch ?

Use bug-fixer "Original Data" folder to replace modified bug-fixer files with 1.3/1.4 originals.

Then you should install new patch.

Thanks, it was quite logical actually

BTW are you going to provide another version of your patch for addressing the issues remaining after 1.06 (if any, and I guess there are)?

Thx!

Will see, after I put RTW back on my comp and then look around for changes.

As far as I see in forums, there could be a need for another one, perhaps not on same scope as old one.
    (demotic chosen archers come to my mind)

BUG-FIXER v3.00 released!!!

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Excellent! Congratulations Player1, that is impressively quick work.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Note that this time VnV system is done for both BI and Imperial Campaign.

And most of fixes are old bugs.
    Last edited by player1; 12-19-2005 at 06:17.

Smile Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Thank you so much player1 for making BUG-FIXER - this is great work :)
    RTW & BI are much more enjoyable with your help!

Borbarad

I agree with Borbarad - now there's a nice first post! Welcome to the board!

Thanks again Player1 for your dedication to the cause!
    Last edited by Zatoichi; 12-21-2005 at 08:53.

Version 3.01 is out!

Changes:
    -Made impossible for roman leaders to gain points in Disloyal line of traits, since they can't rebel anyway
    -Fixed a bug when Awesome Temple of Epona and Pantheon would show up in building browser for Gauls and Spanish (now Romans can get those temples if upgrading from Circle of Epona)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast