Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Thumbs up Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

This fix is to say the lest nice, good , awsome ...

i have`nt had enugh time last nite to test all the fixes but the Rome- Imerial campagne is much better now .. specialy my "sons" are`nt idiots anymore .. and the senate is a-ok now to - well whitin the limits as they are a bunch of old guys who think they know ewerything better than you ex> wage war on 3-4 fronts .. UFF - so all wanted to say is thanx for taking the time to make this fix whitch is easy to install and shearing it whit us.
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Sounds like a must have, player1.

Is it compatible with the GOLD EDITION (RTW+BI)? GE is already patched on the cd so there was no need to install patch v1.6.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian101
    Is it compatible with the GOLD EDITION (RTW+BI)? GE is already patched on the cd so there was no need to install patch v1.6.
    Gold edition is equivalent to R:TW 1.5 + BI 1.6, so yes, it's compatible.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Ty

I noticed these 2 files in my root dir:

corrected_regions.tga
    cliffs_debug.tga

Is this correct for these to be there? Thanks!

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Yes, those have nothing to do with the bug-fixer, they are generated by the game the everytime you start a campaign and a new map.rwm file needs to be generated (only happens if you delete the file, or it doesn't exist because you haven't run the game yet).

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. :)

If I install another mod such as: Lusted's "Terrae Expugnandae",
    Europa Barbarorum (EB), DarthMod (DM) or something like Sinuhet's Formations Modifications... should I install them over your bug fix or should I install them in a fresh vanilla directory?

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat
    If I install another mod such as: Lusted's "Terrae Expugnandae",
    Europa Barbarorum (EB), DarthMod (DM) or something like Sinuhet's Formations Modifications... should I install them over your bug fix or should I install them in a fresh vanilla directory?
    Bug-fixer is not compatible with mods that change the trait files. That means that you can use it in combination with formation mods, but definitly not with EB. I am not sure about TE and DM, but I suppose these include the bug-fixer anyway.

Right, totally understood. How would I go about using it with a skins mod like this:

MODDING LEGIONS FULL PACK v1.5
    http://www.4shared.com/file/3412244/..._pack_v15.html

Probably a huge pain it would seem. I am beginning to see the attraction of using a complete mod like EB. You get skins and the bug fixes all in one, but with lots of gameplay changes. I wish there was a mod with great new graphics/sound but minimal changes to the vanilla gameplay. At least until I got comfortable with the game in vanilla for a while.

Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot for the help. :)

Blog Entries

To be honest, I don't know very much about modding. Bug-fixer is mainly a trait mod, but the latest version also overwrites a couple of skins, so they may not be compatible. If I were you, I would install bug-fixer, make a back-up of the data folder, and then install the skin pack. If it doesn't work, you just put the back-up of the data folder back.

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

I read somewhere that the bugfixer makes it possible for the celts to recruit the crossbows they have in custom battles, but I can't see it in the post above.

So - do they get them or not? EDIT: I started a game and they do actually.

I've also wondered about the inability of some eastern barbarians (like goths) to build simple ports. Is that considered a bug in need of fixing?
    Last edited by Magraev; 05-10-2008 at 23:23.
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Hey, Just bought game yesterday. Love it emensly but after reading the expansion manual it dosent seem that great. One problem for me is that the expansion says it can't find an instalation of the original game. Wat do i do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Need help

Have you applied the patches for the basic RTW game through 1.2? IIRC you have to put those on before you apply BI, and it adds the 1.3 patch. But it's been a couple years since I did that so maybe I'm not remembering it right.

You do have RTW installed first right? BI is only an expansion for RTW, not a stand-alone game. Can't tell from your post whether you're aware of that.

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this or not, but I have a fixed Praeventores lod1 model. I know it's already been addressed by the BUG-Fixer, but it works pretty well alongside it.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Could you post a download?

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I'm having an annoying bug with BI, I have RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6, both vanilla, no MODs installed.

When I play BI, I mostly use auto-resolve, the only few times I want to fight, the game crashes. I run it again and then works, I'm told BI crashes often, without reason. Could I fix with this "thing"?

Hi, I know the thread is old, but was anyone kind enough to reload the download links? I would like to test the patch, even though the game is old, and I reinstalled it. Thank you

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by khous View Post
    Hi, I know the thread is old, but was anyone kind enough to reload the download links? I would like to test the patch, even though the game is old, and I reinstalled it. Thank you
    What a blast from the past.
    I haven't visited for almost 15 years.

I do not have locally original files I posted here but I've found an archive on another fansite for the same version of BUG-FIXER and uploaded it here.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to recover or find fan translations that were also posted in the first post.

regards,
    player1
    Last edited by player1; 11-24-2020 at 17:20.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Member thankful for this post:

khous 

Thanks for uploading the file again, I can't find the file translated into Spanish and I would like to do it myself, to translate it into Spanish, what files do I need to modify? Thank you very much for the way
    Last edited by khous; 11-28-2020 at 15:24.

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

It was so long ago, that I do not remember.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by player1 View Post
    It was so long ago, that I do not remember.
    Hello, I myself have translated it into Spanish, if you want I can send you the file and put it in the main thread, in case someone is interested

Hi,

Was there a fix for the imperial german bodyguard? the tip of their spears are dull. It's like they are missing the pointy part!

+1
    One more blast from the past )

Just cant use bugged, unfinished vanilla RTW. Love this game since a long time ago. Exactly RTW (not BI). For its surroundings, atmosphere. Gaddem sound/music!
    From time to time I install the game, but soon I delete it, realizing once again that the game is unfinished, unfinished, and has a bunch of bugs.
    And after some time, having installed the game once again, I decided to look for some kind of mod or an unofficial patch. Perhaps this is just your patch)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678