Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

When BI arrived I droped whole line of selfperpetuating trait fixes, since most of the traits for BI campaign got their advancement one way or another (exempt Haemophic trait line).

I didn't made 1.3 compatible version of bug-fixer those days.

Now when I made fix for 1.5 imperical campaign I only added cruical fixes, so 1.64 selfperpetuating effects didn't got restored.

One of the reasons is that original 1.64 fix isn't really appropriate, since BI for example, solved glorious fool line in different way then I did in 1.64. As well as many other triggers.

But the problem is that I don't have a time or will to copy all new BI triggers to be used for imperical campaign. Which in some cases could even result in serious balance implications. Would you really want BI corruption triggers in imperical campaign, or tough command star gain, for example.

So I opted for fixing cruical things and dropping things like Glorius Fool nonadvancement in the "design decision, not bug" area.
    Last edited by player1; 02-18-2006 at 15:38.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

v3.04 uploaded
    It's very minor update, since it only improves a fix for so called 237BC year crash (several new crash dates fixed thanks to gardibolt).

Ok, version 3.05 is here.

With two fixes:
    -Fixed a bug when two of senate family members had greek names and looks (thanks to Traiano1978)
    -Fixed Roman Turncoat ancillary (for imperial campaign), so it actually gives command bonus against Romans

Also, please reread install instructions. There is one change in them.
    Last edited by player1; 02-27-2006 at 11:22.

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    Ok, version 3.05 is here.

With two fixes:
    -Fixed a bug when two of senate family members had greek names and looks (thanks to Traiano1978)
    -Fixed Roman Turncoat ancillary (for imperial campaign), so it actually gives command bonus against Romans

Also, please reread install instructions. There is one change in them.

I am sure this has been written before, but I wish to express my appreciation to “Player1” for taking the time and effort to make this game so much better.

A BIG THANK-YOU

Player1,
    What MODS are compatable with the original 1.64? How hard would it be to convert mods that are for 2.1 patch to use your bugfixer
    original 1.64?
    WarHawk1953

Try looking 1.64 readme, it has some clues what can go with what and so...

Version 3.06 out.

-Fixed model for Lombardi onager crew and wardog handlers (new texture added)
    -Fixed flag on back of Scotti Chariots, so it's Celtic and not Briton (fixed model and texture added)
    -Fixed missile attack sounds for Celtic and Sassanid slingers, so they don't sound like bow fire

Please reread install instructions, they have changed a bit.

I've been busy a little and finished v3.07:
    -Fixed color of Rebel controlled Moorish Raiders and Equites Auxilia, so they are actually white, not green
    -Fixed barding for mercenary camels to match rider color
    -Fixed corruption near shields for Steppe Spearmen and Saxon Keel units (new textures added)

Another small update (3.08):
    -Fixed color of Burgundii, Lombardi and Roxolani officers so they don't look like Vandals
    -Fixed a bug when Berber generals used black sword on strategic map (fixed textures added)
    -Changed wrong textures that Burgundii and Lombadri generals used on strategic map (fixed textures added)
    Last edited by player1; 03-09-2006 at 14:24.

Version 3.09 ready:
    -Added a workaround for model corruption that Catholic Priests have at distance (a hole in their body when looked from the rear)
    -Added a workaround for model corruption that Imperial German Bodyguards have when looked from distance (two big extensions from right arm)
    -Several fixes for Imperial Bodyguard unit regarding its shield for WRE faction, and weapons for WRE Rebels faction (but with use of some compromises)
    -Fixed a problem when first solider in the group would be missing transparency info for his textures (units affected: Hun General, British Legionaries, WRE Imperial German Bodyguard, Pictish Crossbowmen)

And another version (3.10):
    -Fixed color of Rebel officers so they don't look like Vandals
    -Fixed a bug which made projectiles of various siege equipment to have no sound (units affected: Onager, Heavy Onager, Ballistas, Repeating Ballistas, Carriage Ballistas)
    -Added missing voices for Scorpion unit
    Last edited by player1; 03-13-2006 at 23:56.

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Great work, player1! The 1.4MB of Bug-Fixer seems to have more impact on sorting out the game than the 50MB 1.6 patch...and without screwing up other things in the process!
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Version 3.11 ready:
    -Fixed Praeventores model, so it has no arms or anything else missing anymore
    -Fixed shoulder armor of Roman Centurions, so it's visible on shoulder, not arms
    -Fixed faces of WRE Rebel Auxilia Palatina, so they won't be in constant shadow anymore
    -Fixed helmet corruption near the face of ERE Comitatensis (including First Cohorts)
    -Fixed helmet corruption near the face of WRE and ERE Rebel Plumbatarii
    -Fixed misplaced rear side of the Limitanei shields
    -Fixed color of ERE Rebel standard bearers (was too blue)
    -Fixed color of Pictish Spearmen, so it matches color of other Celtic units

Version 3.12 is here!

Lots of changes in this one:
    -Added a workaround for misplaced axes for some of the lower detail Chosen Axemen models
    -Fixed the lowest detail model for Catholic Priests so they don't use club as weapon anymore
    -Fixed Praeventores model, so it has no arms or anything else missing anymore (old fix improved)
    -Fixed model corruption that Paladin and Paladin Bodyguard units have on their left side of the chest (true fix, not workaround)
    -Fixed model corruption that Camel Raiders and Mercenary Camel Raiders have on their upper side of the chest in lower detail model
    -Multiple fixes to Chosen Warlord bodyguards model (corrupt right hand and "invisibility" on medium distance)
    -Fixed voices for campaign map and battle events for Hun faction, so they'll be barbaric, like all other voices they use (units in battle, general speech), and not eastern
    -Removed "Yes, Imperator!" confirmation from Catholic Priests and Mercenary Bucellarii, since these units can also be used by non-imperial factions
    -Changed experience bonus British Legionaries gain in Urban Barracks from +1 to +2, in order to make Urban Barracks different from Army Barracks
    -Made Bucellarii recruitable by Romano Britons in campaign, since they are already available for them in custom and historical battles
    -Removed law bonus from Mithras shrines, since otherwise Mithras temples have no real advantage over shrines (exempt pagan conversion bonus)
    -Fixed a bug when Hun, Nomad and Sassanid factions can't benefit from conquered higher level health buildings
    -Made impossible for Roman leaders to gain points in Disloyal line of traits, since they can't rebel anyway (old fix improved)
    -Added missing unit info card for Spanish Onagers

My, you keep churning out new patch versions by the day... Is there any end in sight? Not that I don´t like improvements, but at some point one would expect that everything that can be done is done, or is it?

Sorry...

Anyway, every time I sumbit changes I think "This is the last one...". But I'm wrong almost every time. Heh, even at this moment while I'm typing I already have two more fixes (waiting next version).

P.S.
    The thing is that in last few weeks I'm for first time playing with skins and looking for inconsistances in unit models. So I'm not suprised to find loots of problems there. It was similar with VnV files in early days of Bug-Fixer.
    Last edited by player1; 03-19-2006 at 15:36.

No need to apologize, on the contrary. It´s amazing that someone puts that much effort into just ironing out glitches instead of "improving" the game as in making a mod according to his own tastes or perceptions of that elusive spectre "realism".

I just realized that it´s really hard to keep up to date with the newest bugfixer. You don´t have to start a campaign anew every time you install a new version, do you ?

No you don't need to.
    All 3.x versions are save game compatible with each other.
    As well as with original 1.5/1.6 saves.

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Have you removed Large Stone Walls yet for this mod? This would be in the campaign descr.strat files as well as the relevant buildings.txt files.
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

not, yet...
    without breaking the savegames...
    which is priority for mod like this...

For large walls, I'll probably implement workaround when all large stone walls will look like standard stone walls in battle map.

That still means you can't use ladders for them, since they are still large stone walls in campaign map. So there is some benefit in building them.

It also solves the problem with compatibily which other workarounds would have (corrupt old savegames, incompatibility with all faction mods, need to edit campaign files, etc...)

EDIT:
    Just checked and the ladder info is not true. Modded large walls by descr_wall.txt can have ladders, just not in custom battles.
    Last edited by player1; 03-21-2006 at 13:55.

Also, moding downgraded walls also keep their tower and gate properties.
    So epic walls made to look like stone ones will still have ballista arrow and iron gates.

In this case, moded large stone walls will have walls of normal stone walls, but with iron instead of reinforced gate (and tower arrows are same by both).
    Not much...

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

I know it's not within the scope of your mod per se, but I'd just do away with all walls above stone walls. Epics and Large are rather ridiculous for the time period and removing them would also allow the AI to concentrate on building improvements that are more worthwhile to their empire.

I don't think I've ever bothered to build any of the more advanced walls above stone walls in any campaign of mine.
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

I know what you mean.
    I just recently did few battles on epic walls.
    And there is a reason why epic sige towers are called machine gun towers.
    They fire as quickly as arrow, but are much more lethal.
    (but at least, fire rate is modable)

Version 3.13 is out:
    -Fixed color of Alemanni Chosen Axemen, so it matches colors of its unit card
    -Fixed color of Pictish Spearmen, so it matches color of other Celtic units (old fix improved)
    -Fixed barding for mercenary horses to be green, not white
    -Fixed misplaced rear side of Berber Lancer and Berber Camel Raider shields
    -Removed shield form unit model of Sarmatian and Roxolani Alan Noble Cavalry, since unit stats show no shield available for this unit

P.S.
    The wall issue is on hold currently, while I still think about best way how to deal with it.

Version 3.14 is out:
    -Added +1 experience bonus to Vandal Steppe Warriors trained in Royal Stables, since otherwise Royal Stables would have no benefit over Warlord's Stables
    -Made Ballistae and Repeating Ballistae recruitable by Romano Britons in campaign, since they are already available for them in custom battles
    -Changed happiness bonus for Sacred Circles of Tyz and Morrigan from 10% to 15%, since these are only Sacred Circles that miss happiness advantage compared to Sacred Groves (making them underpowered)
    -Added +1 experience bonus to Greek Cavalry trained in Greek Elite Cavalry Stables, since it makes no sense to build Elite Cavalry Stables just to get Incendiary Pigs
    -Made Slingers available from Practice Range instead of Archers for Numidian faction, since otherwise when you get Slingers at Archery Range they are already obsolete
    -Made Onagers recruitable by Spaniards in campaign, since they are already available for them in custom battles
    -Fixed a bug when some soldiers would die when exiting medium siege towers

WOW you are very busy. I installed version 3.13 and look the next day 3.14 is out. Excellent work
    May the Foss be with you....

I think I'll slow down a bit in incoming days...

New in 3.15:
    -Fixed a problem when Bosphoran Infantry would carry both spear and sword in its hand
    -Several anti-traits that worked in one direction fixed to work in both directions (few new fixes added)
    -Removed anti-traits for Intelligent line of traits, since characters shouldn't be able to lose intelligence over time
    -BadRiskyAttacker made anti-trait to IndecisiveAttacker, since rushing into battle doesn't make you indecisive
    -Fixed a problem when IndecisiveAttacker traits could be gained by initiating a siege
    -Fixed a problem when IndecisiveAttacker traits could be gained if general withdraws when attacked by superior force (not indecisive, but smart)
    -Added partial workaround for a problem when auto-calculated siege battles would never give siege related traits to generals (one of four triggers fixed)
    -Fixed trigger for Logistical skill, so it can be gained by generals that move a lot
    -Fixed triggers for Navigator and Pilot ancillaries, so they can be gained by admirals
    -Added BUG-FIXER Installer to automate installation process

I'm away for one month and when I come back there are so many updates for BUG-FIXER - good job player1

Your BUG-FIXER is a great gift for all of us who love Rome TW & BI :)

Borbarad

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast