Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

New in 3.16:
    -Fixed Sassanid Turncoat ancillary, so it actually gives command bonus against Sassanids
    -Fixed the trigger for Poisoner ancillary, so it can be gained by assassins (for Imperial Campaign only)
    -Removed unnecessary fix regarding Priest of Neptune
    -Several anti-traits that worked in one direction fixed to work in both directions (few new fixes)
    -Changed crushing victory condition in triggers for GoodRiskyAttacker/Defender line of traits to clear or better (old Imperial fix tweaked)
    -Fixed several agent creation triggers related to religious believes
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

One small update (3.17):
    -Fixed Son of Chinglu title, so it can be awarded to 3 generals as intended
    -Fixed the bug when Judge retinue member could get doubled (for Imperial Campaign)
    -Removed the trigger for gaining IndecisiveAttacker group of traits when ending turn in enemy zone of control, since trigger does not work as intended (it can fire even when you can't attack the enemy or when you are besieging)

Mini-update for those willing (3.18):
    -Fixed color of British Legionares, to match other Romano British units (new sprites added)

Small update (3.19)
    -Fixed the blackness that Burgundian Lancers have below waist on their armor for Alemanni faction
    -Fixed color of Burgundii, Roxolani and Rebel officers so they don't look like Vandals (proper textures added this time)

New in 3.20:
    -Fixed the bug when same governor could have both Sol Invictus and Mithras Priest in his retinue, due to a typo in ancillary exclusion list
    -Fixed the bug when all Italian provinces spawned rebels of Greek culture (for Imperial Campaign)

Added German language files, made by FoDel.
    Work with all 3.x versions of bug-fixer.

New in 3.30:
    -Swapped Alan and Sarmatian Noble Cavalry weapons so they would match their unit cards and attack animation
    -Fixed animations for Steppe Nobles, Noble Warriors and Mounted Nobles, so they don't use swords as spears
    -Added a workaround for model corruption that Sughdian Warriors have at distance
    -Added a workaround for an issue when shield appears on Sassanid Desert Archers at distance
    -Fixed model corruption that Steppe Swordsmen and Camel Raiders have near neck in one of the lower detail models
    -Mostly fixed textures on maces for Clibinarii Immortals
    -Fixed hollow spears for Goth Lancers, Steppe Lancers, Merc Vandal Lancers and Steppe Warriors
    -Fixed corruption near shields for Steppe Spearmen and Steppe Swordsmen units
    -Fixed corruption near shield for barbarian generals and officers
    -Made Slavs use correct model for Steppe Swordsmen, not a Warlord one
    -Fixed misplaced front side of Slav Steppe Spearmen and Steppe Lancer shields
    -Fixed misplaced front side of Burgundi general and captain shields
    -Added missing cantabrian circle ability for Mercenary Sarmatian Archers, since Sarmatian Armoured Archers, as well as all other horse archer units, already have it
    -Added warcry ability that was missing from Hun Steppe Swordsmen, considering that they are identical to Vandal Steppe Swordsmen that also have warcry
    -Added warcry ability to Thracian Bastarnae, since Mercenary Bastarnae already have it

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    Added German language files, made by FoDel.
    Work with all 3.x versions of bug-fixer.
    All German language files? I´m asking because CA saw fit that after installing patch 1.3 my (German) version was a partly German and partly English one, the speech files remained German (no complaint there, I don´t think them as bad as some here do with the English ones), but some text files were replaced with English ones and some remained the original. I´ve got no problem with either language, but please one at a time. And even all English texts don´t really mix with German speeches...

These are only German files that got modified by Bug-Fixer.

So I guess it won't help you, since I guess you fell victim of installing english patch to german installation, overwriting larger number of files.

This addon only helps those that installed bug-fixer over German version, so it doesn't get mixed up language in new places.
    Last edited by player1; 04-12-2006 at 19:41.

I´ll try them regardless, I mean, it can´t get worse.

By the way, looking at your last updates, do you edit CAS models and skins as well? Because I´ve realized the Roman cavalry that has shoulder pads have a slight glitch (the shoulder protruding through the armour) ,as well as Velites Gladiators.

Did I mention you rule with a capital "R"? If not, consider it done: You Rule

Actually I only know to edit skins (more like cut/paste job).

As for CAS files, I usually disabled models that are corrupt beyond repair. But in few cases changing model_flexi to model_flexi_m also did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    Because I´ve realized the Roman cavalry that has shoulder pads have a slight glitch (the shoulder protruding through the armour) ,as well as Velites Gladiators.
    I don't think I could fix these, since they seem like CAS issue.

I just experimented with adding some alpha to those shirts beneath the shoulder armor, that should not be visible for roman heavy cavalry, but unfortunately while it can fix this part of the unit, it will add bugs while attacking, since then you could see hollow shirts near armpit.

By the way I just found that somebody else fixed cavalry while ago:
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=159

Unfortunately I can't contact Romhilles to commend him for his work (no user name at TWC or any contact info), so i guess I'll just include the fix and add him into credits for next bug-fixer.
    Last edited by player1; 04-13-2006 at 12:06.

New in 3.31:
    -Fixed shoulder armor for Legionary and Praetorian Cavalry (thanks to Romhilles)
    -Fixed Velite Gladiator shoulder armor
    -Added hotfix to formation for light cavarly armies, to prevent generals getting placed at same tile as other infantry (for imperial campaign)

New in 3.32:
    -Fixed the problem when Equites Catafractarii riders had part of their body, near the saddle, invisible
    -Added a workaround for model corruption that Catholic Priests have at distance (old fix improved)

Playing as Carthage with V3.31 and grouped cavalry does not attack correct targets instead each unit attacks closest enemy. Revert to V3.30 and as yet have not re-encountered this problem. Can you tell me what the cavalry hotfix does?

Nothing of this kind.
    It just modifies one of AI starting formations so general doesn't overlap (two units in same place) with right wing infantry.
    It should in no way affect player.

Exempt if you do use some of those formation mods, then they should be installed after bug-fixer.

New in 3.33:
    -Fixed a bug when Slav Steppe Raiders had no proper textures on their swords
    -Fixed corruption near shields for Burgundian Lancer, Scholae Palatinae and Hunnic Heavy Cavalry
    -Fixed hollow weapons for Eastern Peasants
    -Fixed misplaced front side of Frank Levy Spearman shields
    -Fixed color of Alemanni Chosen Archer, so it matches faction colors

I have that problem with grouped Carthaginian cavalry in vanilla, so I suspect the BugFixer issue is just a coincidence.

New in 3.34:
    -Made Burgundii use correct barbarian general model for their generals and captains (new textures added)
    -Fixed a problem when first solider in the group would be missing transparency info for his textures (Chosen Archers added)

Added Spanish translation files made by SeKhTeM.

New in v3.35:
    -Removed artifacts near shields for Levy Spearmen, Spear Warband and Pictish Spearmen units
    -Removed artifacts near shields for barbarian generals and officers (added Frank general)
    -Fixed misplaced front side of Francisca Heerbann shields
    -Enabled sprites for Pictish Spearmen (were not used before)
    -Fixed color of British Legionaries, to match other Romano British units (old fix tweaked)

There were some errors in readme, so I reuploaded part1 of v3.35.

New in v3.36:
    -Removed artifacts near shields for Tribal Cavalry, Sword Heerbann and Chosen Swordsmen units
    -Fixed Sarmatian Virgin Cavalry shields and helemts

Greetings, I am running the latest BUG-FIXER release, 3.36 and I've encountered a strange issue. When playing as the Bruti, I find that when I charge my Equites into the back of a line of Levy Pikemen, rather than demolishing the unit, as one might expect, many of my Equites die and the charge is absorbed by the Levy Pikemen, making them seem to be some kind of uber-super unit. I'm running the 1.5/1.6 patches for both RTW and BI and the only mod I have installed is the Bug-Fixer, is this supposed to be happening? I don't recall Levy Pikemen and even Milita Hoplites being able to absorb a full cavalry charge in the back WHILE killing my mounted units without even turning around. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon, thanks.
    "Religion is a thing which the king cannot command, because no man can be compelled to believe against his will..."

I think it has got nothing to do with the Bug-Fixer. This is a common usual thing that happens when you charge a 'low armored' unit into the back of a phalanx.
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Yeah i dont think that cav charge is bug-fixer. So far I have had Eastern Infantry insta-route and kill all but three Cataphracts that charged their back, Eastern Infantry insta-kill my general as he charged their back and Phalanx units continually route equites that (again!) charge their back even while engaged. (I'm gonna learn soon!)

But my point is the first two happened on latest R:TW (1.5?) without bug-fixer installed.

EDIT: is there a bug with the "bonus vs cav" units that the bonus is being applied for the wrong conditions?
    Last edited by gmjapan; 06-13-2006 at 16:51.

Well that rules out that problem then. As I said I don't ever remember this being "common" in any way shape or form. This is the first time its happened to me and I find it exceedingly unrealistic. Perhaps it's something I can modify myself, though I suspect it was done to make the game more challenging. I find it more humorus when mounted spearmen die because they hit the BACK of a Phalanax Unit. Thanks for the replies though, much appreciated they are.
    "Religion is a thing which the king cannot command, because no man can be compelled to believe against his will..."

I´m afraid you´ll have no luck there, that´s the so-called butt-spike issue (or bug). With 1.3, a new functionality was introduced for spear-armed units, if they stand braced, they reflect some of the cavalry charge back, providing a better defence. Unfortunately, while it was obviously intended to work when the attack hits the front, actually it seems like the charge-reflecting works both on the front and the rear of the spear unit (not the flanks, though, to the best of my knowledge, so try hitting those). By the way, the spears will even kill your own cavalry if you let them run through them.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast