Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Does the recent version of the bug fixer include the proposed siege tower fix created by seasoned alcoholic?
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

I don't think that proposed fix works...
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Question Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Help (please) !
    I can not get the bug fixer patches to make a difference !
    Which directory am I ment to extract them into or run them in ?

Open the zip files and run the installers in them.

Many thanks !

I recently installed bugfixer (thanks player1) and seige towers worked fine on epic walls.
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

I am thinking of putting together a vanilla essentials mod. Fixes and some gameplay enhancements that address the more serious issues in the game. I want to put it together in one neat little package if I can get your permission. Your readme will stay intact as part of the package.

Total contents
    Bugfixer, Sinhuets formations, modified descr_strat, minor tweaks and of course mercenary mod.

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

sure, no problem...
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

That was quick! Thanks

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Thumbs up Одличан посао

Great job. I just downloaded BI 1.6patch (I hope that I will have lucky this time) and Bug Fixer (both parts) + Romano-British provincial campaign. No to see does patch work...
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

Hello guys, I seem to have a slightly different problem.
    Here's what happens:
    I have installed RTW
    - installed patch 1.3
    - installed patch 1.5
    - installed ALEXANDER
    - installed BARBARIAN INVASION
    - installed patch 1.6

The problem is that i can not start a campaign from the MAIN CAMPAIGN menu.
    Does anyone know what needs to be done?

Thx...

Wrong install. Try this instead.
    Install RTW
    Install BI
    Install 1.6
    Install Alex

do i have to install patches 1.3 and 1.5 before installing BI or only before installing patch 1.6?
    To install Alexander I know I need patch 1.5 if BI is not installed, and patch 1.6 if BI is installed.
    I was thinking there was a wrong install...so thanks!!

OK, so here's what i've tried:
    Install RTW
    Install patch 1.3
    Install patch 1.5
    Install BI
    Install patch 1.6
    Install Alexander

When I start RTW-BI, everything seems to work just fine.
    If I select Singleplayer, then MAIN CAMPAIGN, I get an in-game message (not a Windows error message or anything...) saying "Please select an item from the list", and there's just an OK button, nothing else...
    There is no list
    Except for MAIN CAMPAIGN, it seems that CUSTOM BATTLE, QUICK BATTLE and HISTORICAL BATTLE work just fine...

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

This is the correct install order

Install RTW
    Install BI (this automatically patches RTW to 1.3)
    Install 1.6 (this automatically patches BI to 1.6 and RTW to 1.5)
    Install Alexander.

So basically just don't install 1.5 before installing BI, or indeed at all.
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Hi hi....
    Don't tell anyone, but...
    I was supposed to use tha crack fo' tha patched version, not for the un-patched version :D
    Thanks anywayz...

byebye
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

I recently installed your unoficial patch and I must ask you if you have this strange bug in your games. It appears when cpu give command of your army to special unit like carraige ballistae or elephants. when the battle starts in normal unit size you have for example 6 men in carriage ballistae but the game says in statistics that you have 7! thats is because game give you +1 for commander but actually commander replaces one soldier place in you unit. the problem starts after battle because cpu takes commander from your unit in statistics and in your unit leaving you with 5 men! the same is for elephants... do you have such problem also,... sorry for crappy english.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by icek
    I recently installed your unoficial patch and I must ask you if you have this strange bug in your games. It appears when cpu give command of your army to special unit like carraige ballistae or elephants. when the battle starts in normal unit size you have for example 6 men in carriage ballistae but the game says in statistics that you have 7! thats is because game give you +1 for commander but actually commander replaces one soldier place in you unit. the problem starts after battle because cpu takes commander from your unit in statistics and in your unit leaving you with 5 men! the same is for elephants... do you have such problem also,... sorry for crappy english.
    If I understood your problem, yes I've experienced this as well. Elephant units sometimes exhibit this behavior as well. I think it's a function of the game code, and not something fixable by us.

On a side note, having finally signed up for the forums after all these years, I'd like to finally voice my complete, total, and utter gratitude to player1 and all you other outstanding folks who've contributed to this bug-fixer community effort. I've been using it ever since it was concocted back in the day for RTW, and it's been absolutely outstanding and made the gameplay experience that much better. It's only too bad CA didn't decide to officially co-opt this and include these fixes in their patches. Thanks again guys, hope to see something like this for M2TW as well!

Most sincerely,
    Whacker

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension ForVictory's Avatar

Ive installed both parts but im not sure if i did it right... Ive installed both parts into C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\
    is this correct? Isnt there any way to check to see if the installation was succesfull?

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

In your C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ directory you should see two new things a folder called original data and a file called BUG-FIXER readme.txt if those are there the files are in the correct places.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    In your C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ directory you should see two new things a folder called original data and a file called BUG-FIXER readme.txt if those are there the files are in the correct places.
    yes i see both original data and BUG-FIXER readme.txt BUT there not in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ but in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

But im quessing Activision and The Creative Assembly is actually the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory
    yes i see both original data and BUG-FIXER readme.txt BUT there not in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\ but in C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

But im quessing Activision and The Creative Assembly is actually the same thing?
    That's right. If you have the Gold Edition, it installs to The Creative Assembly, not Activision.

An easy way to check if it worked would be to start a campaign, call up the building browser and see if the Academy line of buildings are giving a law bonus. If so, BugFixer was installed successfully (assuming you didn't have a previous mod that had this effect).

My Armenian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    That's right. If you have the Gold Edition, it installs to The Creative Assembly, not Activision.

An easy way to check if it worked would be to start a campaign, call up the building browser and see if the Academy line of buildings are giving a law bonus. If so, BugFixer was installed successfully (assuming you didn't have a previous mod that had this effect).
    Does that count for both the original and the expansion BI?

No, because in BI those buildings have that bonus anyway. But if it installed fine over RTW and you installed it in the same way over BI, it should be fine.

My Armenian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    No, because in BI those buildings have that bonus anyway. But if it installed fine over RTW and you installed it in the same way over BI, it should be fine.
    I installed the 2nd part (which is for BI) the same place as the 1st one naimly: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War.
    I guess i did that wrong? I should have installed 2nd part over C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\bi ?

No, I think the BugFixer install routine handles that for you. You just needed to point it to your "Rome - Total War" directory, which in your case just meant replacing "Activision" with "The Creative Assembly" in the installer's suggested path.

To check, start up BI and set up a custom battle with the Huns as one of the factions. When selecting the Hun army, take a look at the abilities for Hun Steppe Swordsmen and see if they have the Warcry special ability. This was added by BugFixer so if they have it, the installation worked.

My Armenian AAR

Yes it worked, thx for you help.

Has anyone installed this bug-fixer and then installed EB or RTR mods?

Also if I have games in progress will these still work, or will I have to start fresh campaigns?

thanks

Post Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Barbarian Invasion expansion pack

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Third spearman from the left
    Has anyone installed this bug-fixer and then installed EB or RTR mods?
    Sorry, but this is virtually impossible. EB/RTR require a clean installation of 1.2/1.5 respectively. This patch is really a sort of unofficial 1.7 and, unfortunately, most major mods and a few minor mods will probably not work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Third spearman from the left
    Also if I have games in progress will these still work, or will I have to start fresh campaigns?
    Sorry, from what the description of this mini-mod says it is probably not save game compatible. I hope this helps, good luck and cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast