Thread: How to get replies from the expert modders?

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Default How to get replies from the expert modders?

There's a pile of questions gone unanswered in the Alchemists' Lab and not just ones from me.

Have I been posting in the wrong place?

We would appreciate some help from the expert modders out there and we know you're online on a regular basis, so it's all the more puzzling for this stuff to be getting ignored.

There's questions about how to mod and there's questions about aspects of mods that are ongoing developments. Can someone clarify for me which forum is for which purpose?

Learning the ropes has melted my brain and I'm incapable of working this out for myself at the moment.

Thanks.

EYG

MTW Modder and Supporter Member Aenarion's Avatar

Default Re: How to get replies from the expert modders?

I guess many of them have gone off modding RTW and now more than ever the expansion, BI....I hope we will get answers some day....but I guess until then, we have to learn by ourselves....
    Silmarillion:TotalWar -A modification for MTW:VI
    Pls visit our website at: Silmarillion Mod
    And our Silmarillion Topic
    Modding Links:
    Alchemist Lab and Repository

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I'm in no way an "expert" modder, however I do peek into the Alchemists Lab from time to time to check and see if anyone has actually replied to my "playtesters needed" thread. My time as a RTW SP Assistant Moderator takes up precious modding time, but my Private Messages are always open

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Its not that we are ignoring anyone, many of us just don't have enough time to answer questions as in the old days. I know i don't

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Plus,

Barocca, which is really an expert, hasn't visited the forums for over 2 months!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

No! Nobody is blaming u guys... We, **well I'll talk for myself here**, I know that u are busy...though just asking if sometime when u peep in, u could just have a look at the questions. But I understand perfectly ur position!:)

Thanks,
    Aenarion
    Modding Links:

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Its not that we are ignoring anyone, many of us just don't have enough time to answer questions as in the old days. I know i don't
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Well, in your case, we appreciate that your time for answering stuff will be limited, since you're actively involved in continued development on - and answering questions about - your own mod.

The frustrating thing is that much of the content of the 'guide' threads just say "placeholder" and never got written, so some of the questions we may have could be rather basic, yet the answers could be long and complex.

For now, the occasional point in the right direction should suffice. It's not so much "how do I do this" (step-by-step instructions), it's more like "how do I learn, for myself, how to do this" (which files to go and investigate).

Given time, we can post our findings and start to help one another out, maybe even put together guides worth sticky-ing.

EYG

Given time, we can post our findings and start to help one another out, maybe even put together guides worth sticky-ing.
    Yeah I think it's a good idea EYG. We could form a series of tutorials or even try and complete the unfinished ones.
    Modding Links: