Thread: Religion symbols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Religion symbols

You've probably seen the small symbols for Christianity, Zoroastrianism and Paganism in the UI in RTW-BI. Now I need similar ones for the AOVAF relgions. There are three symbols per religion:

pip_religion_RELIGIONNAME_positive.tga
    pip_religion_RELIGIONNAME_negative.tga
    pip_religion_RELIGIONNAME.tga

My suggestions for how they could look (suggestions for the remaining ones needed):

Catholics - use RTWBI Christian symbol (cross)
    Orthodox - use golden cross
    Judaism - david's star
    Sunni Islam - ? moon?
    Shia Islam - ? crescent moon?
    Steppe paganism - ?
    Viking paganism/Asatrú - thor's hammer

- all "RELIGIONNAME.tga" symbols should be in color
    - all "RELIGIONNAME_positive.tga" symbols should be in color, imo same as the "RELIGIONNAME.tga" symbols
    - all "RELIGIONNAME_negative.tga" symbols should be in red
    (my opinion, not a necessity )

keep in mind the symbols are so small that any detailed symbols won't be possible to use.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Default Re: Religion symbols

Does Steppe Paganism include the religion of Great Moravia? If so, I think a "quadrifrons" (with three visible faces) statue of Svantevit would do.

Sunni and Shi'a I would just give crescent moons in different colours. Green and Black?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Steppe may or may not include Great Moravia, not sure yet. I like your other suggestions, but what is a quadrifons? Also the symbols are so tiny that very few ideas are possible, it mustn't be a too detailed symbol because it'll be impossible to see with the in-game sizing.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

A quadrifrons has four heads. In this case it would basically be two mirrorred profiles and possibly a frontal face in the middle, like this:
    <^O_O^>

Or this:

It's probably not something you can make that small. And it is Slavic. I don't know the first thing about other kinds of steppe paganism.

An animal head or something like that might be a good symbol, but I don't know which animal head would be appropriate, if one is at all.

[removed]
    Last edited by Afsin; 01-06-2006 at 00:06.