Thread: How to make the Horde more hordey?

Hi,

I've looked through the Early.txt file and, other than a couple of lines placing Horse Archers, I don't see anything there that creates the Horde that appears in the 13th century.

I've seen Swooooosh post about being able to make it harder in the normal post section, but he didn't say how. I'd love to know, as I'd like to make them the brutal surprise they were to the West.

Thanks for any and all help,
    V'ger gone

i second that.

modded the mongol units to make them a bit stronger. but locality problems seems to work against the mongols. as long as they dun rampage enuh to get enuh provinces (and btw those provinces ain't developed much, even a maxed out khazar prolly can't support a 3-5 k mongol army prolly) to start producing more troops. i dun see them surviving more then 10-20 years, unless they make peace with most of the stronger nations around them.

the stronger mongol units i modded allowed them to really beat on the strongest faction of egypt (besides me ) for a while, but as egypt rallied with new troops i see the mongols still stuck with the same old units with some new prince heavy cavalry coming in. when a 5 star prince heavy mongol cavalry appeared i was thinking maybe they got a chance. they dun.

also modded down the requirements to make mongol troops down a Lot. i dun see new troops made at all.

the mongols died bad.

some things to tweak will be to start off the mongols with one/serveral 9 command king/general(s). (historically speaking, that's prolly "true" enuh i guess).

may allow the mongols to win some more battles prolly, increasing their chances to survive.

Hi,

Thanks for the comeback. So, you're telling me you can't change their strength in numbers in the Early campaign? (I presume I can go in and edit their generals.)

Ciao,
    V'ger gone

Sorry peeps im planning to do it but havent got round to it yet< thats why she never said how to do it , Ive just made a personal mod of the mongols starting in scotland with the ability to make highland clansmen just a personal mod Strange enough first time i tried it i dident make a mongol leader the english took scotland, but the campaign continued even though i had no provinces or units!!! Must have been waiting for my invasion in 1200

Swooooooooshooooooooooooooowl

Fear the Wolves

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Hi,

Thanks, Swoooosh. I looked all over Early.txt last night and couldn't find the Horde's leaders, so I can't give them a primo general, either.

Since the only entries for Golden troops are 2 remmed out Horse Archers, I'm begining to think that it can't be done for now. Sigh.

Vaya con gusto,
    V'ger gone