Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rtw Tactics Guide

Default Re: Rtw Tactics Guide

hmmm maybe. do you think there is a spot for me left in the org Gah-zette...i like to write stories, but i could do other things as well

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I'm sure If you'd PM Ian, he'll answer any question for you - concerning the Gah zette and other thing s you might want to know.

And I'm sure he be glad to take you abord we need all the help we can get !

Though if you'd like, I''ll tell Ian you'd like to do some work - just let me know

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 03-27-2006 at 21:59.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

A very short question: doesn't a protectorate equal a client state?
    If yes: then doesn't that mean you grant it military protection, so they don't have to fight for themselves? That would explain why the faction quit's building armies. (It doesn't have to be a bug, it could be meant that way.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    A very short question: doesn't a protectorate equal a client state?
    If yes: then doesn't that mean you grant it military protection, so they don't have to fight for themselves? That would explain why the faction quit's building armies. (It doesn't have to be a bug, it could be meant that way.)
    That usually how I play it out. If one of my protectorates begins to lose a war I'll step in, defeat their enemy, and give the conquered lands to them.

i'd prefer that you would ask him actually...but if you dont have time...i'll ask him

I'm on it Sun Glass, you'll hear from me soon.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

This Thread will be updated SOON

We do not sow.

updated,

with Migration and Ancillaries

We do not sow.

Good to see this thread up and running again !

Continue the good work TS

thank you

We do not sow.

thanx mate, long time no see. how are you...got msn?

btw the sig rocks

We do not sow.

if there are any suggestions i'd like to here them. contributions are also welcome

We do not sow.

to become good u have to first find out which units can beat which units 1v1....then just carry on practicing and working out advance strategies...remember, never charge too quickly if there is another option like going around and flank/rearing the enemy, or an oppurtunity to charge somewhere weaker and more routable....

jsut my little snippet of basic strategy, now u gusy can all laugh at it
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

well though it is basic. it is good advice and when you dont know the basics youll never get good. so i dont see no reason to laugh.

Welcome to the .Org btw

We do not sow.

does this men The Stranger is back?

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Well, this is a tactic I use frequently while playing the Huns (only on "open" field, not while sieging):

My Hunnic armies consists of cavalry mainly (Hunnic horse archers and Hunnic heavy cavalry). I always make two groups of Hunnic Horse Archers and two groups of Hunnic Heavy Cavalry.

I send one group of HHA to the right flank of the enemy and the other to the left flank. One group HHC follows the "Right" HHA group, the others follows the Left HHA Group.

My HHA's start firing missiles at the enemy (I leave them on "fire at will"). If the army doesn't move, I let the HHA's fire all their missiles until they have nothing left. If the enemy does move, I 'll try to tear them apart and my HHC groups come in, attacking one unit at a time, normally in the rear or the flank. If the unit is broken I immediately pull back to attack another enemy unit with the whole HHC group.

Battles become pretty chaotic but if you pay carefully attention and if you react quickly, you'll do just fine. Sometimes one of the HHC groups gets to fight multiple units. In that case, have the other HHC group leave wichever fight they're into and try to attack the units that keep the other HHC group busy in the rear or flank.

This tactic is all about speed and reacting very quickly. Batlles are pretty chaotic but (especially when used against "infantry-factions") it is oh so effective and you'll beat the enemy with a minimum of losses.

Hope this will help anyone out there.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Ok, here comes another one.

While playing the Saxons, my newly forged empire got invaded by the Vandals (in current Germany). I had a serious cash problem at the time, and most of my armies were busy in France.

As garrisons I had Levy Spearman, loads of hunter bowmen and a few Saxon Raiders (light cavalry).

I merged +/- 6 units of Levy Spearman, +/- 6 units of hunter bowmen, 3 units of Saxon Raiders and a 0-star family member.

I moved my army to mountaineous terrain and as I expected, the Vandals couldn't resist to attack me.

I made a line of Levy Spearman on to off a hill. I made two Hunter bowmen groups and two cavalry groups.

Bowmen on the flanks, behind them the cavalry.

When the Vandals came, they sent their HA to my flanks while the rest of their army marched slowly towards my position.

I pulled out the archers and let them fire missiles from the top of my hill on the Horse Archers. I always let the three units of bowmen shoot at one unit of HA. Most of the time two units of HA (one by each group of hunter bowmen) were completely killed before they had fired one arrow to my troops.

The rest of the HA-units got destroyed or seriously weakend before the rest of the Vandal army got near my Spearman. The levy, if you they have some experience bonus, really rock: the pillae they throw are really devastating. Meanwhile I reatreated my archers behind the infantry lines so they could shoot their remaining missiles at the enemy. Whatever unit that didn't rout after the javelins where thrown, I attacked in the flank with one of my two cavalry groups.

This proved to be an awesome defensive strategy being outnumbered with "low quality" troops against a Horde. Or is it only because AI is pretty stupid?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    does this men The Stranger is back?
    I guess it does :) i have vacation so i have time to update the thread. Any help will be appreciated. I'm currently occupied with The Writing Contest, but i expect to be finished with that tomorrow. So ill guess that ill update friday or saturday.

We do not sow.

Andres

als je er tijd voor hebt wil je die laatste formatie uitbeelden in een plaatje. dat zou erg handig zijn. bedankt alvast.

We do not sow.

I'd love to post images concerning my tactis, but...

How?

I can draw them on paper, scan them in, but then... I noticed if I click on the images, I'm referred to something called "imageshack".

In case there's a whole explanation about this is some of your FAQ's or something, I apologize for this post

Ja mata, TosaInu

do you have a pc? i mean at home... if not maybe you can do it at work.

you use microsoft powerpoint.and draw just the formation, not the tactic. ill type the tactic next to it. in my faq on the bottom you can find linked images. you can use them as example.

We do not sow.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Rtw Tactics Guide

Quote Originally Posted by AndresTheCunning
    I can draw them on paper, scan them in, but then... I noticed if I click on the images, I'm referred to something called "imageshack".
    You need to host them somewhere. There are several sites where you can do this. The most popular are Imageshack and Photobucket. I haven't used Photobucket, but Imageshack is quite easy to use. Just follow the instructions for uploading and than copy the text for either a thumbnail or a full picture and paste it into your post (I recommend thumbnails when you also want to add text to the post: a full picture will stretch the post box beyond the limits of my monitor). The Org also has got its own hosting facilities, but they are not as easy to use and you have to wait until the staff moves the pictures to the right folder.

Welcome to the Org, BTW .
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Powerpoint? PC's?

Grumph! *swings his sword, shows his fists*

I'm a barbarian warlord, I only crash skulls and shout some commands to my brave warriors!

Images, drawing?! Humph! Who do you think I am? A bloody artist? You mean I have to leave the field of honor and stop crushing those petty Romanboys with their fancy Armani-uniforms?

Oh well then, I'll get to it.

*shakes his head*

Thnx for the advise guys (and for the warm welcome).

Ja mata, TosaInu

when youre a full member drob by in the frontroom. check the talk your own language thread ;)

We do not sow.

I already checked it out. It's quite funny.

Can't wait to unleash my sophisticated dutch... Not to mention my french.

Mais bon, évidemment il faut attendre le "full membership"...

Ja mata, TosaInu

yeah...right... Barbarian

We do not sow.

Ok, I speak more then one language.

So I'm a smart Barbarian, but nevertheless a barbarian: I have a beard, red hear, I'm dirty, I stink, I have loads of hair on my chest and in my armpit, I have filthy teeth, I don't wash my clothes, at 10 ° Celsius I already start sweating...

Did I mention I stink? And I only bow for those whose smell is at least 5 times worse then mine.

And I don't use toiletpaper!

Convinced, you little clean fake-Batavian barbarian? Bah! Guess you take a shower everyday

*disgusted*

Ja mata, TosaInu

twice a day *proudly adds*

We do not sow.

sorry guys. ive been very busy and i havent got any time to work on the Tactics Thread. ill try to get to it as fast as i can.

oh and Andres, your story was very funny :D

We do not sow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast