Hojo
    Satomi
    Asai
    Uesugi
    Mogami
    Date

rebels(other Daimyos)

total of 20 factions +rebels
    So there will be big easy Clans and some little clans, very hard to play.

Alrenative Mons for Imagawa and Mogami:

Imagawa

Mogami
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 08-29-2007 at 22:30.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Default Re: Official faction list

Isnt the Uesugi symbol the BI? or the symbol of Bishamonten? Or was that just the symbol for Kenshin Uesugi?

Heres what i think it might be:

Anyways, the mod looks great and im totally stoked for its realease

Ya Misr!

You are right the Bi was the personal Uma Jirushi of Uesugi Kenshin. The Mon we use is the Uesugi Mon used already before Kenshin´s time.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Here is great looking colour chart for the faction colors made by Tomte of Doom.There can be little tweaks to it still but nothing major.And yes Tomte is back!

Last edited by Kagemusha; 01-28-2006 at 23:39.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Go Tomte Go Tomte Go Tomte you can do it, you can do it ahah ahha

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

Jesus Maria, so cool!

Ya Misr!

Amazing TomT you are one hell of a drawing talent, wished you had interest in Napoleonic unforms as well, looking forward to play with those.

I like this project a lot.

LZoF

Don't take him away from this mod you !!!

(ps i'm not serious ) or am I?
    Last edited by Lanfire; 01-31-2006 at 10:22.

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

Hehe, no need to worry Lanfire, I have too little interest in napoleonic uniforms and to much love for feudal japan to do any such thing... Cant say for sure that will never change thought. Anyway, thanks for the feedback people.
    lol

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

I made a little change to the Uesugi unit .....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Your work is looking great gents ! When it is ready, i'll be there waiting for the download

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

It looks like you added factions in the color chart.

What's the final count?

The color chart is the final count, 20 clans and rebels.

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

can somebody provide the strenghts and droops of the factions? or at least the special units
    i know only about fire cavalry of takeda
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Nope, it's currently under work... Be patient, lol !
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Quote Originally Posted by Seijitai
    Nope, it's currently under work... Be patient, lol !

i'm patient but i am also curious. Shogun:Total War used to make me feel that i actually was in Japan and this mod looks (from screenshot and stuff) that will follow pretty much the spirit of the original game adding a lot of new stuff and therefore more posibilities
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

No problem Vlad, questions and curiosity are always welcome...

It's stricly impossible for us to add a special unit for each clans... So we think about clan capacities... For example, Chosokabe Clan had the capacity to mobilize his samurais nearby immediately (these samurais/farmers carried their armor and yari everywhere, even in the rice fields...) so we are looking into the idea of a limited "minutemen" instant recruitement...

So, a lot of special units, no... but special mercs, like the "Men of Iga" and so... And some special capacities for some clans...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler

Shogun:Total War used to make me feel that i actually was in Japan
    It's our objective to make you feel that you live in those times... Except for three things we can't provide... The smell of rice, the taste of sake... And your mother/girlfriend/wife that will yell at you that it's time to eat...
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Quote Originally Posted by Seijitai
    The smell of rice, the taste of sake... And your mother/girlfriend/wife that will yell at you that it's time to eat...
    that would not be a problem. my girlfriend is historian and his bachelor degrees work was about sengoku jidai period.

few years ago i used to play shogun for hours and i have some scandal with her until one day when i decided to give her to read Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko. after she finished the book she decided that she will write her paper for bachelor degree about that period

well, sounds good to add abilities for every clan sit & wait

Is it possible to include the Ainu as a playable faction? Or will they necissarily be relegated to the rebels list?
    Dulce bellum inexpertis---Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Shautora
    Is it possible to include the Ainu as a playable faction? Or will they necissarily be relegated to the rebels list?
    I don't think they should be included, as they didn't participate in the battles of the period and had no affairs with any clans after the Ancient era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    I don't think they should be included, as they didn't participate in the battles of the period and had no affairs with any clans after the Ancient era.

That's not true, they had very active trade with the northern clans and defended theyre territories well up until the introduction of the gun. They just aren't as common in discussion of period of because they were "barbarians"

Defended their territories from who? Their only neighbors (who had more participation) were the clans of Tohoku, whom they didn't have any active affairs with. What do you mean by northern clans? Because I'm assuming you mean the Date, Mogami, etc.

Defended their territories from who? Their only neighbors (who had more participation) were the clans of Tohoku, whom they didn't have any active affairs with. What do you mean by northern clans? Because I'm assuming you mean the Date, Mogami, etc.
    This is just from the Wikipedia, so it's credibility is wanting, but it says:

The Nihonshoki is often said to be the first mention of Hokkaidō in recorded history. According to the text, Abe no Hirafu led a large navy and army to northern areas from 658 to 660 and came into contact with the Mishihase and Emishi. One of the places Hirafu went to was called Watarishima, which is often believed to be present-day Hokkaidō. However, many theories exist in relation to the details of this event, including the location of Watarishima and the common belief that the Emishi in Watarishima were the ancestors of the present-day Ainu.

During the Nara and Heian periods, people in Hokkaidō conducted trade with Dewa Province, an outpost of the Japanese central government. From the medieval ages, the people in Hokkaidō began to be called Ezo. Around the same time Hokkaidō came to be called Ezochi or Ezogashima. The Ezo mainly relied upon hunting and fishing and obtained rice and iron through trade with the Japanese.

During the Muromachi period, the Japanese created a settlement at the south of the Oshima peninsula. As more people moved to the settlement to avoid battles, disputes arose between the Japanese and the Ainu. The disputes eventually developed into a battle. Takeda Nobuhiro killed the Ainu leader and established a Japanese victory. Nobuhiro's descendants became the rulers of the Matsumae Han, which ruled the south of Ezochi until the end of the Edo period.

The Matsumae Han's economy relied upon trade with the Ainu. The Matsumae family was granted exclusive trading rights with the Ainu in the Azuchi-Momoyama and Edo periods. The Han gradually changed trade conditions so they came to favor Japanese merchants. As a result, some Ainu rebelled against the Matsumae han, but the rebellions were defeated.

Yes, it says the same thing in SA, but again, the point is they didn't play a major role. They did not participate in any of the Shogunate's gatherings and weren't informed of any imperial announcements, making them have a disadvantage when compared to the rest of the feudal warlords.

Yes, it says the same thing in SA, but again, the point is they didn't play a major role. They did not participate in any of the Shogunate's gatherings and weren't informed of any imperial announcements, making them have a disadvantage when compared to the rest of the feudal warlords.
    I believe that being a major trading partner and stronghold of resistance constitutes a substantial role. They didn't have a major role across all Japan, but they did have a major role locally in the North. True, they did not try to conquer Japan, they did not hear imperial announcements, but notwithstanding they should be present, even if only as a non-playable faction. And also, remember, the game isn't about what happened historically, it's about what could have happened historically.

Ahh, in that case, no problem. I just think they should be put aside since they weren't granted positions, income, etc.