Thread: RTW - Determining city pop/culture

Default RTW - Determining city pop/culture

I've read some posts about how when you conquer cities and disperse population, the people aren't added to your other cities as your own culture, but instead the culture of the settlement you conquered i.e. if you kept enslaving you'd end up with a mix of cultures in your home cities. This is the sort of mechanic I'm always interested in when I play, so does anyone know how I can get information on what type of people each settlement's population is comprised of?

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Default Re: RTW - Determining city pop/culture

Culture is based on the cities buildings not it's resident people. So when you enslave they only go to governed settlements. So if your playing as julii and Arretium has been yours since the beginning, the enslaved population that is sent there automatically become Roman.

For more info on Culture take a look in the colisseum under useful links and there you should find plenty of info on culture issues.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Default Re: RTW - Determining city pop/culture

Ah, right :) I was beginning to suspect the buildings were the key, but wasn't 100% sure.
    I noticed the culture penalty disappearing when I replaced my barbarian buildings (after my Gallic cities went up a level) so that's good... I understand it now. Thanks for clarifying!