Thread: What's a good TGA editor

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Default What's a good TGA editor

I thought I'd play around with map modding. I have irfanview and I downloaded the plugin pack. Unfortanately I can't figure out how to edit the picture in the viewer, is it only a viewer/converter only? Or do I need to dowload or a activate a plugin to edit it. I converted the image and edited as a bmp file but can't convert it back.

So is there a way to make it work with irfanview and how do I edit. I don't care wich program it is as long as I can edit the TGA files. so any reccomondations will help
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Default Re: What's a good TGA editor

Ok I got it going with avd graphic studio 6.5 and is pretty user friendly. Unfortanately it's only a 15 day trial version. So basically all I need to know is if there is a free TGA editor out there.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

I think you can use GIMP, it's free and does a bunch of useful graphics editing stuff no doubt. http://www.gimp.org/ I think there was a thread on this just a few weeks back.

However, if you can scrape together some money, I recommend you hunt for a cheap copy of Paintshop Pro. Some of the bigger online software/hardware trader sites have cheap and legit versions of the previous versions of the program. I use Version 7, and it handles TGA and graphics editing perfectly for my needs, although you can probably find versions 8 and 9 too. Also try ebay. Unboxed although not necessarily pirate copies can be picked up cheaply too.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Have you been go through this graphic software Photoviewerpro? Just tried & amazing results